autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Four Star/Ultima Products

I love Ultima waterless wash plus and always try to keep up to date on the manufacturers of any products I use regularly. In the last few weeks I see that Four Star's website is down and their phone number is disconnected. Did I miss something? Do I need to stock up? Any info out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Four Star/Ultima Products

Autogeek still offers the Ultima Waterless Wash Plus. Here's a link so you can stock up. Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like they've stopped advertising their brands (I'm not saying they aren't still making Ultima, Four Star, Sonus, etc.) and are just operating under thelabzone dot com. That phone works.

This is rampant speculation on my part, fueled by some internet snooping, but Premium Finish Care had 2 partners. I'm guessing the change to TLZ was the product of one of the partners retiring, and I think the remaining partner has sold the company, although there are plenty of pictures of him on the website. Unfortunately time doesn't stand still and people get older and things change.

Honestly they never did much marketing for their branded products, once DavidB left the picture as the "brand manager" for Sonus and Ultima. But anyway, you can call down there and see what they tell you--make sure to post back.

4. Likes muskyfins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the Ultima line.
    Have used the UWW and UPGP for a long time.

Always loved the colors/branding.

6. Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

UWW is a great product. The Four Star spray wax is excellent, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I did just finally get to try the Ultima car soap

It doesn't smell quite like I always imagined it would. Doesn't smell bad, just smells like... a bar of soap
    I was always expecting a very premium, expensive smell based on the branding

Post Thanks / Like

I used to like Four Star gel wheel cleaner. It was quite effective. Smell doesn't matter to me nearly as much as performance does.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    It looks like they've stopped advertising their brands (I'm not saying they aren't still making Ultima, Four Star, Sonus, etc.) and are just operating under thelabzone dot com. That phone works.

This is rampant speculation on my part, fueled by some internet snooping, but Premium Finish Care had 2 partners. I'm guessing the change to TLZ was the product of one of the partners retiring, and I think the remaining partner has sold the company, although there are plenty of pictures of him on the website. Unfortunately time doesn't stand still and people get older and things change.

Honestly they never did much marketing for their branded products, once DavidB left the picture as the "brand manager" for Sonus and Ultima. But anyway, you can call down there and see what they tell you--make sure to post back.
    This is pretty accurate.

I just talked to Russ who is the owner of TLZ. Super cool guy. Founder retiring but staying on in some capacity. Still making all the same products and they are working on website and marketing. Best of all they have made no changes to the formulas! Lastly and very important to me is the products are all made in the US.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    I did just finally get to try the Ultima car soap

It doesn't smell quite like I always imagined it would. Doesn't smell bad, just smells like... a bar of soap
    I was always expecting a very premium, expensive smell based on the branding
    Reminds me of a can of Diamondite Foaming Glass cleaner that Autogeek sent as a freebie. It smells like a very plain white bar of soap, except so much so that I just can't use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the day, IIRC, Ultima provided jobs for handicapped individuals. Not sure if they still do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast