autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

never thought I would hear him say that a non premium brand product is better than one that is higher/premium priced. just goes to show you that some companies/brands take the short comings of another and make improvements, all while not having to always have the premium price tag. higher price doesn't always mean better. a good product is a good product, period. regardless of price. it's always a good idea to keep your eyes and ears open as the things evolve and change. kudos to him for having an open mind...

https://youtube.com/shorts/OCborVfli...NnY3kiNdnkOZ6c

https://youtube.com/shorts/uIezwqn1i...a21zKclmEOuHZU

https://youtube.com/shorts/NCiN_2-T9...q5yG7LKDIeNM3p

https://youtube.com/shorts/amZ0001Dy...NgwBck_iSohxVV
    i am the jump starter.

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apex Auto Detail YouTube video on Meguiars M300 SO10 (SOLO). The description would apply 3D Speed or BF One Step. It is much greaser then the other two.

Post Thanks / Like

very cool to see all the hard work over the many years that Richard Griot and Staff have put into Griot's Garage (and Griot's Motors), All while still being a Family Owned Business (which is rare these days). nothing but Respect...
    i am the jump starter.

5. Likes Karl_in_Chicago, DFB, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    very cool to see all the hard work over the many years that Richard Griot and Staff have put into Griot's Garage (and Griot's Motors), All while still being a Family Owned Business (which is rare these days). nothing but Respect...
    I wish someone in Australia would take a punt on importing Griot's Garage, not sure why the brand has been left off the table.

Of the other American brands, Adam's is imported by a sole operator and is sold at a premium. Put it this way, a 16oz bottle of the blue car shampoo sells at $34.95, the RRP for US customers is $9.99. A gallon is $159.95. They also don't stock the entire chemical or accessory lines.

Similar story with Meguiar's, by and large the brand is waaay overpriced in Australia, even Carpro products are cheaper. In particular, their polishing pads are ludicrously expensive, a 6-inch foam finishing pad lists at $36.99, a microfiber 6-inch sits at $42.50............and that's each!

Chemical Guys is another overpriced brand here, sold as a premium brand. Adam's can pull that off because the products are excellent, the same does not apply to Chemical Guys.

The exception to the rule being P&S, which are generally very well priced here. So, the model exists, a brand like Griot's would do well here if imported and sold at a fair price. And if not, from what I can tell, the brand could carry that premium.

7. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I wish someone in Australia would take a punt on importing Griot's Garage, not sure why the brand has been left off the table.

Of the other American brands, Adam's is imported by a sole operator and is sold at a premium. Put it this way, a 16oz bottle of the blue car shampoo sells at $34.95, the RRP for US customers is $9.99. A gallon is $159.95. They also don't stock the entire chemical or accessory lines.

Similar story with Meguiar's, by and large the brand is waaay overpriced in Australia, even Carpro products are cheaper. In particular, their polishing pads are ludicrously expensive, a 6-inch foam finishing pad lists at $36.99, a microfiber 6-inch sits at $42.50............and that's each!

Chemical Guys is another overpriced brand here, sold as a premium brand. Adam's can pull that off because the products are excellent, the same does not apply to Chemical Guys.

The exception to the rule being P&S, which are generally very well priced here. So, the model exists, a brand like Griot's would do well here if imported and sold at a fair price. And if not, from what I can tell, the brand could carry that premium.
    You'd love Griot's Garage Deyon, been using them since 2005, one of my favoriteswhat's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mequiars is a legacy brand, no innovation and the world has passed them bywhat's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

11. Likes DFB, chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Mequiars is a legacy brand, no innovation and the world has passed them bywhat's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Sadly, I tend to agree.

I certainly use and like a selection of their products........................but all bar one are legacy products, in fact one has been discontinued now, the others are very old school thinking. Sure, they do the job, but they just aren't an industry leader and haven't been for a long time now. In this era, why they have so many bottles of liquid wax on offer, all repackaged with different names and different colored bottles, is beyond me. All at the expense of product innovation. Very lazy. And the problem is, people of my generation or younger simply do not relate Meguiar's to high quality car care. One of these days, they will run out of legacy customers.

13. Likes Klasse Act, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Sadly, I tend to agree.

I certainly use and like a selection of their products........................but all bar one are legacy products, in fact one has been discontinued now, the others are very old school thinking. Sure, they do the job, but they just aren't an industry leader and haven't been for a long time now. In this era, why they have so many bottles of liquid wax on offer, all repackaged with different names and different colored bottles, is beyond me. All at the expense of product innovation. Very lazy. And the problem is, people of my generation or younger simply do not relate Meguiar's to high quality car care. One of these days, they will run out of legacy customers.
    Yeah their legacy customers aren't going to have those muscle cars too much longer, not trying to put people in the ground over here but it's true. I grew up with Meg's and basically used all their stuff, infact a forum I was apart of in the early 2000's called my garage the "Mequiars Compound"what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

15. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a good video of the Griot's facility. Nice to see they make their products all in-house and are a family-owned business. Still wondering what new LSP they will be coming out with being they're relying mostly in the 3 in 1 spray wax. Good product but could use an update IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars is a different company after 3M purchased it. No longer is there any innovation.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

18. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast