autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Pan’s in the same boat. Every video is title “The best blah blah blah” and three months later he is reviewing another product of the same type that is the new best. It’s like detailer’s Groundhog Day.

Even if, by some dumb luck, I am accepted as an installer I’ll never be able to install a coating. If the lite version is $300, I can only imagine what the cost of the pro versions will be. I’ll have to triple my coating prices just to make a profit and with the people around me haggling with my current prices I’ll never make a sale with one of these coatings.

I do have a beautiful blue drop top BMW to coat in the coming weeks and I just might bite the bullet and apply the lite coating just to see how it installs and performs. I get a nice discount at wholesale price but it’s still 3x the cost of Mohs and I highly doubt it’s three times the quality.
    My knowledge of coatings is extremely limited; but, $300 for a brand new, no previous history, DIY coating seems ludicrous; unless, as you say, it will outlast the car

Even Kamikaze Zipang is cheaper

I hope you get someone to bite on it, without taking a wallet beatdown of course

Post Thanks / Like

That’s how I feel about Wilson Auto Detailing.
    Yep, him too!

Pan’s in the same boat. Every video is title “The best blah blah blah” and three months later he is reviewing another product of the same type that is the new best. It’s like detailer’s Groundhog Day.
    Pan's content isn't really geared towards people with extensive detailing knowledge, be that a professional or a pro-sumer like me. I do see how his content could be helpful for someone new to detailing, or someone wanting to progress from generic automotive store products. To me, I never really see value in the content because I'm generally not learning anything from him, nor am I gaining any insight into the product he is "reviewing" is good or bad, everything is game changing to him. This is because he is never going to say it how it is for fear of stopping the gravy train. I also don't like how he would drop videos here purely for drumming up view counts but never contributing to the forum in a meaningful way.

That's not to say he isn't a hard worker, because I know what it takes to make a 30 second video, let alone a 30min video three times a week. I also have no doubt about his detailing knowledge. But he his tactics are plain to see and that makes him come across as a pest to the industry.

3. Likes chilly, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I also have doubt about his detailing knowledge.
    Not sure if that’s a typo or you meant to say that.. My personal opinion is I would mean to say that. Why? Because I’ve never seen him detail an actual dirty car. He’s actually said that he doesn’t detail cars that he deems too dirty. IMO that’s lame.

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Not sure if that’s a typo or you meant to say that.. My personal opinion is I would mean to say that. Why? Because I’ve never seen him detail an actual dirty car. He’s actually said that he doesn’t detail cars that he deems too dirty. IMO that’s lame.
    Was a typo, corrected now.

7. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Was a typo, correct now.
    You didn’t mean it, but I did.what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?lol.

9. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Where's the fun in that? The transformation from ugly duckling to a beautiful, 4 wheeled swan is what it's all about. As long as the customer is willing to pay, I'll gladly work on a hammered filthy McNasty car with no reservation.

Interiors are another story. These trash cans on wheels that I see in the car rider line at my school can kick rocks. I'll pass on those all day because that filth is on another level. It's like hoarders on wheels.

11. Likes bill walsh, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Where's the fun in that? The transformation from ugly duckling to a beautiful, 4 wheeled swan is what it's all about. As long as the customer is willing to pay, I'll gladly work on a hammered filthy McNasty car with no reservation.

Interiors are another story. These trash cans on wheels that I see in the car rider line at my school can kick rocks. I'll pass on those all day because that filth is on another level. It's like hoarders on wheels.
    The way I see it, anyone who went and spent good coin on their Mytee Extractor or equivalent machine with all those bells & whistles should be more than happy to welcome any and all interiors no matter what they look like.

Otherwise what’s the point in even having spent 2-3k on that extractor if you’re never going to use it?

If they pay, lets rock. Someone should donate a Mytee to me. I’d use it.what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it, anyone who went and spent good coin on their Mytee Extractor or equivalent machine with all those bells & whistles should be more than happy to welcome any and all interiors no matter what they look like.

Otherwise what’s the point in even having spent 2-3k on that extractor if you’re never going to use it?

If they pay, lets rock. Someone should donate a Mytee to me. I’d use it.what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?
    The real reason I don't do interiors, except occasionally, is because the people that have the worst cars are willing to pay the least to get them cleaned. Time is money and if they don't have the money I don't have the time. This and the fact that detailing is an occasional weekend gig and my business is really built on paint correction and coatings.

Have you looked into the Rip Clean system? I'm tempted to get it just for the hell of it. For $250 it looks like you can turn your shop vac into a damn good extractor.
    Better Extractor Auto Detailing Extractor Vacuum Conversion Kit

14. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked into the Rip Clean system? I'm tempted to get it just for the hell of it. For $250 it looks like you can turn your shop vac into a damn good extractor.
    You hook that up to your water tap? I guess that could work if you have good hot water and it doesn't cool off too much by the time it gets to the where you are extracting. It would seem that way you have no option of adding any cleaning products to the solution you are laying down. Not that I really know what I'm talking about, since I gave up buying a MyTee a long time ago...I almost bought one of...I can't even remember the brand anymore, but they sold the company and they stopped making the little one that competed with the MyTee Lite. There were just too many complaints about the MyTees. And besides I switched all my cars over to all-season mats, so no more carpet floor mats to extract, LOL.

16. Likes Optimus Grime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast