autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    What are you whining about?

You must have missed this part: ***Foam Coating Applicator Included.***

I mean what do you expect for $300

You’re right……………..again. And it does come in a pretty box. It’s all about that unpacking experience that makes or breaks a coating.

Did I mention the $40 prep polish you need to use as well?
    Adhesion Promoter Polish
    – diydetail-c6

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    You’re right……………..again. And it does come in a pretty box. It’s all about that unpacking experience that makes or breaks a coating.

Did I mention the $40 prep polish you need to use as well?
    Adhesion Promoter Polish
    – diydetail-c6
    I already noticed an unboxing video for it cause like you say: priorities

I can almost guarantee there are enough Yvan fanboys out there that he will make bank on it, especially after he installed it on Pan's new ride

He has jumped ship so many times and worn so many new company T shirts I have a hard time taking him seriously

Post Thanks / Like

He has jumped ship so many times and worn so many new company T shirts I have a hard time taking him seriously
    He seems to have gotten past that, somehow. And anyway--DND (detonated nano diamonds).

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    He seems to have gotten past that, somehow. And anyway--DND (detonated nano diamonds).
    Yeah, I guess now that the T shirts come out of his pocket he and his pet monkey are in it for the long haul

But are his DND series 316 SS, cause...

Post Thanks / Like

I already noticed an unboxing video for it cause like you say: priorities

I can almost guarantee there are enough Yvan fanboys out there that he will make bank on it, especially after he installed it on Pan's new ride

I have a love/hate relationship with his content. I think he has a lot of good tips and practical advice but like other YTubers, I lose interest once they become product pushers.

I must admit that I was intrigued by the DND and applied to be an installer to find out what they are all about. Maybe the mythical lifetime, wash once a year, scratchproof coating has been created. Or maybe it’s diamond infused snake oil.

8. Likes chilly, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a love/hate relationship with his content. I think he has a lot of good tips and practical advice but like other YTubers, I lose interest once they become product pushers.

I must admit that I was intrigued by the DND and applied to be an installer to find out what they are all about. Maybe the mythical lifetime, wash once a year, scratchproof coating has been created. Or maybe it’s diamond infused snake oil.
    That's the truth of it in a nutshell

Nobody want's to pass up the possibility that it is the holy grail of coatings, or whatever the hot ticket of the week is

I agree that Yvan has extensive detailing knowledge that could benefit the majority of us, I just hate wading through the sludge to get to the good stuff

And I seriously cannot take Nick what's his name, especially when he had that semi mullet and the Vegas Lounge Lizard mustache, and looked like the Maitre D at a cheap steak house

Maybe he is Yvans comic foil; IDK

Pan is much the same, the guy can detail a car, no doubt; he just shot himself in the foot and lost a lot of credibility and is, or at least was, the ultimate product pusher

I am sure I will offend someone but when you stand in front of a camera and then post it on the inter webs for all the world to se, you better have your ducks in a row

I hope you get to be an installer because it will be awesome to get to have real world feedback

Post Thanks / Like

That's the truth of it in a nutshell

Nobody want's to pass up the possibility that it is the holy grail of coatings, or whatever the hot ticket of the week is

I agree that Yvan has extensive detailing knowledge that could benefit the majority of us, I just hate wading through the sludge to get to the good stuff

And I seriously cannot take Nick what's his name, especially when he had that semi mullet and the Vegas Lounge Lizard mustache, and looked like the Maitre D at a cheap steak house

Maybe he is Yvans comic foil; IDK

Pan is much the same, the guy can detail a car, no doubt; he just shot himself in the foot and lost a lot of credibility and is, or at least was, the ultimate product pusher

I am sure I will offend someone but when you stand in front of a camera and then post it on the inter webs for all the world to se, you better have your ducks in a row

I hope you get to be an installer because it will be awesome to get to have real world feedback
    Pan’s in the same boat. Every video is title “The best blah blah blah” and three months later he is reviewing another product of the same type that is the new best. It’s like detailer’s Groundhog Day.

Even if, by some dumb luck, I am accepted as an installer I’ll never be able to install a coating. If the lite version is $300, I can only imagine what the cost of the pro versions will be. I’ll have to triple my coating prices just to make a profit and with the people around me haggling with my current prices I’ll never make a sale with one of these coatings.

I do have a beautiful blue drop top BMW to coat in the coming weeks and I just might bite the bullet and apply the lite coating just to see how it installs and performs. I get a nice discount at wholesale price but it’s still 3x the cost of Mohs and I highly doubt it’s three times the quality.

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have a beautiful blue drop top BMW to coat in the coming weeks and I just might bite the bullet and apply the lite coating just to see how it installs and performs. I get a nice discount at wholesale price but it’s still 3x the cost of Mohs and I highly doubt it’s three times the quality.
    But it's got detonated nano-diamonds! But you guys are right, YouTube seems to have turned into one big infomercial.

13. Likes Optimus Grime, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    But it's got detonated nano-diamonds! But you guys are right, YouTube seems to have turned into one big infomercial.
    It appears that DND are a real thing and have real world applications.
    What is Detonation Nanodiamond? – Adamas Nanotechnologies

My problem is with these "exclusive pro only" coatings. When you read through the descriptions and get past all of the chemist jargon, they seem to be no different than prosumer coatings, except for the astronomical cost of course.

15. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears that DND are a real thing and have real world applications.
    Oh, I know they are, as soon as I heard the term I looked it up to see if it was real or some made up marketing mumbo-jumbo. The question is whether it really becomes a functional/useful ingredient, or whether it's going to be controversial like graphene, or useless like teflon back in the day.

17. Likes Optimus Grime, chilly, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast