autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ha, I was looking at Harbor Freight website to see if they had a wet vac squeegee nozzle since last time I went to Home Depot I was shocked by the Rigid price
    Are you talking about a squeegee nozzle like this? In all these years it’s the 1st and only time I’ve ever used it.what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Mine came included when I bought my 12 gallon Ridgid which came with the Auto Detailing Kit + just about every other accessory available for $100 dollars. It’s probably been close to 10yrs. ago. We’ll never see a deal like that again.

Came with everything except for the 2.5” bristle brush attachment and the Blower Wand which I bought separately.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that kit. I need a crevice tool that's slimmer than the one my shop vac came with and the long hose would be handy. The only bummer with the HF kit in the video is it doesn't come with a dust brush. That's in another kit.

I have the HF grit guard. Picked it up on a whim since it's so cheap. Really like it.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Are you talking about a squeegee nozzle like this? In all these years it’s the 1st and only time I’ve ever used it.what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?
    Yeah, that--$16 at Home Depot. I find they tend to crack, which is why I was looking for a replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah, that--$16 at Home Depot. I find they tend to crack, which is why I was looking for a replacement.
    Really? I’m surprised mine is still in tact considering it had sat unused laying in the sun for years this whole time until I finally used it the other day when I took that picture. The rubber on the squeegee was still pliable and everything which is a surprise considering it’s black and took all that heat for so long. I’m lucky It wasn’t long lost after never needing to use it for all that time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I like that kit. I need a crevice tool that's slimmer than the one my shop vac came with and the long hose would be handy. The only bummer with the HF kit in the video is it doesn't come with a dust brush. That's in another kit.

I have the HF grit guard. Picked it up on a whim since it's so cheap. Really like it.
    I like that crevice tool in the kit too but I actually need 1 that’s even slimmer that it which is why I always carry an even slimmer one made by Electolux on my vac at all times.

I find it’s impossible to get into certain tight spots such as underneath the corners of plastic trim where it meets the carpet in the footwells and near some seat rails. I’d probably go nuts if I only had the Ridgid crevice tool to work with. Lol.

I’m on my 2nd Ridgid crevice tool. The 1st one developed a crack in the rubber neck and I wrapped some duct tape around it until I finally bought a new one. It’s a good thing I didn’t throw it away though because I found a good use for it the other day when I pulled it out of a box and used it to vacuum out my BBQ grill. I wouldn’t have wanted to use my good crevice tool for such a dirty greasy job.

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that crevice tool in the kit too but I actually need 1 that’s even slimmer that it which is why I always carry an even slimmer one made by Electolux on my vac at all times.

I find it’s impossible to get into certain tight spots such as underneath the corners of plastic trim where it meets the carpet in the footwells and near some seat rails. I’d probably go nuts if I only had the Ridgid crevice tool to work with. Lol.

I’m on my 2nd Ridgid crevice tool. The 1st one developed a crack in the rubber neck and I wrapped some duct tape around it until I finally bought a new one. It’s a good thing I didn’t throw it away though because I found a good use for it the other day when I pulled it out of a box and used it to vacuum out my BBQ grill. I wouldn’t have wanted to use my good crevice tool for such a dirty greasy job.
    I like the long Ridgid one for reaching under seats, and deep nooks and crannies but for 90% of the time a short slim one is still the best option when working around upholstery and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know. I seem to struggle with the area between the center console and front passenger seats. On some SUV's it's a long way down and the seat frame prevents you from getting that area at floor-level from the front or back. It's an automotive version of the Bermuda Triangle. Down from the top is the only way to get at those pesky crumbs, pop-corn kernels, and change.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Good to know. I seem to struggle with the area between the center console and front passenger seats. On some SUV's it's a long way down and the seat frame prevents you from getting that area at floor-level from the front or back. It's an automotive version of the Bermuda Triangle. Down from the top is the only way to get at those pesky crumbs, pop-corn kernels, and change.
    Slimmer than the Ridgid.

It’s able to get underneath the kick panels to satisfy that OCD and allow you to rest assured you left no granule of sand behind. Lol.

It’s like a sand shark, while the Ridgid just stands there and waits. Lol

12. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

14. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast