autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

It was a Jimbo video.

The erakot one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Avoid these OVERRATED detailing techniques: 5 tips to save you time | Podcast #83 #diydetail - YouTube
    I must be bored to watch this guy lol. I do not agree with alot of what yvan says. Especially in this video, where he says about reusing/ and cleaning pads on the go. Also that they cut better when damp. That you only really need one pad per vehicle. This is oitragous to me. Also he says using pressure when polishing is counter productive. I believe otherwise.l, even mike p teaches to use pressure.what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I've never subscribed to using pressure on my tools.

When I bought my first polisher in 98, the only instruction I received was from the guys at the painters supply shop warning me not to burn the paint!

The products worked so much better when I just let the buffer glide over the paint. Let the tool, pad, and product do the work.

When I started using the Porter Cable heavily in 2013, I transferred the same philosophy.

I tried Mike's technique a few times and didn't get the results I wanted in the time I wanted them, and I went through those orange pads like water. Love the guy, but we have a difference in technique and philosophy when it comes to polishing paint.

Pad washer...

I have one and I like it a lot. But I find that I only like using dampened / moist pads with polished that are designed for it - think Optimum Hyper system. With my other polishes I like dry pads. I can wash one in the pad washer and set it aside to dry. No problems there, but I get annoyed with how the lotion polishes behave when the pad is damp.

They're also not ideal with closed cell pad like the now discontinued LC Hydrotech, or current B&S Uro Cell.

3. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Likes DFB, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Watched that one yesterday.

+1 on Wise Guy, P21S and Purify.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I disagree with his take on Beadmaker. It’s kinda funny because initially I didn’t have any desire to try Beadmaker because I found the hype a bit annoying. The hype proved to be ridiculous, but IMO Beadmaker turned out to be a solid product for what it is and I still use it.

And while the initial hype was overblown and at times silly, I find the hate and unreasonable expectations equally overblown.

For example anytime I see someone doing a Beadmaker torture test I can pretty much tell they’re going to wind up hating on it, same goes for the people who rate it based on a single application and complain that it didn’t last for 2-3 months.

It’s a freaking spray wax that’s been on the market for about 8yrs. now.
    Nobody ever claimed it was bulletproof, so what the hell are you even torturing it for? Lol. Use it frequently, not once every 2 months.

8. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, DanaDetailingPros, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I disagree with his take on Beadmaker. It’s kinda funny because initially I didn’t have any desire to try Beadmaker because I found the hype a bit annoying. The hype proved to be ridiculous, but IMO Beadmaker turned out to be a solid product for what it is and I still use it.

And while the initial hype was overblown and at times silly, I find the hate and unreasonable expectations equally overblown.

For example anytime I see someone doing a Beadmaker torture test I can pretty much tell they’re going to wind up hating on it, same goes for the people who rate it based on a single application and complain that it didn’t last for 2-3 months.

It’s a freaking spray wax that’s been on the market for about 8yrs. now.
    Nobody ever claimed it was bulletproof, so what the hell are you even torturing it for? Lol. Use it frequently, not once every 2 months.
    It's almost as if the hype generated initially has been turned around to the point where people like to hype up how much they hate it.

I was actually quite late to the Bead Maker train, but I never went into it expecting a spray and wipe product to deliver the last word in durable protection. That's something so many get hung up on. Thing is, people often use it as a drying aid, at which point who cares if doesn't last long, you end up reapplying it again in 7 days anyway. For me, I use it for the gloss and slickness it brings to the table. Sure, plenty of spray and wipe products can do that, but few achieve that wax-like glow that Bead Maker achieves.

10. Likes Eldorado2k, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    It's almost as if the hype generated initially has been turned around to the point where people like to hype up how much they hate it.

I was actually quite late to the Bead Maker train, but I never went into it expecting a spray and wipe product to deliver the last word in durable protection. That's something so many get hung up on. Thing is, people often use it as a drying aid, at which point who cares if doesn't last long, you end up reapplying it again in 7 days anyway. For me, I use it for the gloss and slickness it brings to the table. Sure, plenty of spray and wipe products can do that, but few achieve that wax-like glow that Bead Maker achieves.
    I completely agree.^

I detailed 1 of my neighbors vehicles this past Friday. Vehicle that hadn’t been touched in a very long time and it was mainly an interior deal so it was a perfect candidate for Beadmaker on the exterior.

Now the only thing I don’t like about Beadmaker is it has the capability of ruining your good drying towels if you use it as a drying aid, which is why I’m either using it or I’m not, and on my own vehicle it’s usually not because my best drying towel [Big Notorious Dry towel] provides me a better user experience than using Beadmaker with a lesser towel.

But on this vehicle it got Beadmaker and I got to use my PFM which Beadmaker rendered incapable a long time ago… But With Beadmaker it works ok.what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

It’s just more of a rub & wipe type of drying process whereas my good drying towels you bearly have to touch the paint and it’s completely dry.

12. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes bill walsh, DFB, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh shoot, Eldo, we were supposed to be doing a tire coating test on that vehicle.

14. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

16. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

gotta hand it to HF for stepping it up with the detailing products over the past few years...
    i am the jump starter.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast