autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

The new ClarifyPhobic -

Post Thanks / Like

This guy's content is super high quality, I like the quirky style. Latest video on Brembo restoration.

Chromatic Garage - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Ammo NYC bringing the hammer of shame down on Ferrari quality control. That green 296 he had was a pile of shame. My mind is still blown.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Ammo NYC bringing the hammer of shame down on Ferrari quality control. That green 296 he had was a pile of shame. My mind is still blown.

I've had more arguments than I care to remember with people who swear that their brand-new, right off the line car is flawless because they haven't "touched it". As in, the paint is new, so its flawless and I don't want to ruin it by touching it, washing it properly or polishing it.

My argument is no car, regardless of price or brand, comes off the line in a perfect state, especially for mass produced cars. I've seen brand new Porche's and Bentley's that have been inspected immediately after being driven off the truck and the protective wraps removed. The amount of sanding marks, dust nibs and other defects is astonishing for such expensive and bespoke vehicles. So, if Porsche and Bentley can't do it, then how is a Ford, Toyota or Hyundai going to do it?

But no, they maintain that it's a new car, that touching the car with a wash mitt or towel will destroy the perfection. Sure, ok bro.....................

(Not that I'm excusing Ferrari, Porsche or Bentley here, just pointing out the reality of what happens with cars at any price.)

Post Thanks / Like

They don't understand that washing the car with *high quality* media and *proper, safe* techniques will never harm the paint.

All you can do is attempt to educate them but if they don't want to listen, that's on them.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    They don't understand that washing the car with *high quality* media and *proper, safe* techniques will never harm the paint.

All you can do is attempt to educate them but if they don't want to listen, that's on them.
    The thing is, I often get asked questions on what someone should use or do in any given detailing task or concern. I take on board their concerns and suggest products X, Y or Z, where to get them and anything else that could be worth knowing or buying. In most cases, the person ends up buying some random Chemical Guys or no-name product and ignores my advice. Then wonders why they didn't get the result they wanted.

I love giving advice, but it gets old when someone asks a question, gets everything they need presented to them in detail and for free, then goes in a completely different direction or actually askes the same question again elsewhere...........makes me wonder why I bother.

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I've had more arguments than I care to remember with people who swear that their brand-new, right off the line car is flawless because they haven't "touched it". As in, the paint is new, so its flawless and I don't want to ruin it by touching it, washing it properly or polishing it.

My argument is no car, regardless of price or brand, comes off the line in a perfect state, especially for mass produced cars. I've seen brand new Porche's and Bentley's that have been inspected immediately after being driven off the truck and the protective wraps removed. The amount of sanding marks, dust nibs and other defects is astonishing for such expensive and bespoke vehicles. So, if Porsche and Bentley can't do it, then how is a Ford, Toyota or Hyundai going to do it?

But no, they maintain that it's a new car, that touching the car with a wash mitt or towel will destroy the perfection. Sure, ok bro.....................

(Not that I'm excusing Ferrari, Porsche or Bentley here, just pointing out the reality of what happens with cars at any price.)
    I have had every single brand new car put under the scalpel. They needed. Granted all three were VWs 2012 and newer and well orange peep is the name of their game lol. People don't get it. I used to take a swirl finder pen light into the showroom to annoy the sales manager.

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post

You can't prevent all harm, only reduce it. Unfortunately no one here has stumbled on the silver bullet yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I love giving advice, but it gets old when someone asks a question, gets everything they need presented to them in detail and for free, then goes in a completely different direction or actually askes the same question again elsewhere...........makes me wonder why I bother.
    Reminds me of a customer I talked with recently. She was a very nice customer but like so many others, you can lead a horse to water......

I coated her car in late June and just like with all of my customers I made sure she at least knew how to do a rinseless wash, we did one together, and that she had all of the supplies to begin maintaining her SUV. I told her that around late September I would invite her and her husband back to show them how to do a deeper clean using Descale. I kept my word and contacted her but she was too busy to stop by. She then called me in mid November and I asked her how had she been maintaining the vehicle since it was coated. She hadn't was the answer. Aside from rinsing off the car with their hose she nor her husband had done nothing. This is after I walked her and her son through the process of doing a rinseless wash and got them the necessary products. Now they have a dirty SUV with water spots. Stuff like this makes me want to stop being so nice and just coat these cars and send people on their way.

13. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast