autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

I watched a few videos on the Griots Garage Ceramic Tire Dressing. I started with the one from Griots themselves and then watched a few other videos made by individuals. I rarely watch detailing you-tube videos due to the hit-or-miss quality.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

3. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this include watching my own to critique them and figure out how I can do better?
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

5. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Prange, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, Don, and that's a noble idea!

7. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Visitor - I don’t watch a lot of detailing videos on YouTube (one of those weirdos who’s selective about who gets compensated for my clicks), but watched your two above about the Ryobis.

Glad to see the stance on it being a solid unit, I just got the 1800psi/1.2gpm unit to replace my 5ish year old 1600/1.6gpm that still works, but the Total Stop function cycles like crazy because I’m sure it’s worn enough internally it detects the pressure loss with the pump not running. So far just as happy with the 1800/1.2.

I went back and forth about what route to go - between the Active, just getting another cheapie Ryobi, bumping up to a “mid level” ($300-$400) pressure washer, or going all in and getting a “Lifetime” unit (One you can have serviced/actually replace parts). I don’t get to do nearly as much detailing as I’d like to do, so I don’t put a huge amount of hours on them, but I do use it usually 2-3 times a year doing the outside of the house and washing the dust off the deck.

I know I’d probably appreciate the higher power/flow of a different unit, but I’m so used to the lil guy because it’s all I’ve had. Plus, for doing the house I use a 16’ extending thing to reach the upper areas without getting on a ladder, and I bet that’d be even more of a workout with twice the pressure coming out the tip!

Ultimately decided to do one more round with the little guy and I’ll reassess next time it’s worn out; probably make the move to a forever unit then. I did take the opportunity to upgrade to quick connects and an MTMS28 gun.

10. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Visitor - I don’t watch a lot of detailing videos on YouTube (one of those weirdos who’s selective about who gets compensated for my clicks), but watched your two above about the Ryobis.

Glad to see the stance on it being a solid unit, I just got the 1800psi/1.2gpm unit to replace my 5ish year old 1600/1.6gpm that still works, but the Total Stop function cycles like crazy because I’m sure it’s worn enough internally it detects the pressure loss with the pump not running. So far just as happy with the 1800/1.2.

I went back and forth about what route to go - between the Active, just getting another cheapie Ryobi, bumping up to a “mid level” ($300-$400) pressure washer, or going all in and getting a “Lifetime” unit (One you can have serviced/actually replace parts). I don’t get to do nearly as much detailing as I’d like to do, so I don’t put a huge amount of hours on them, but I do use it usually 2-3 times a year doing the outside of the house and washing the dust off the deck.

I know I’d probably appreciate the higher power/flow of a different unit, but I’m so used to the lil guy because it’s all I’ve had. Plus, for doing the house I use a 16’ extending thing to reach the upper areas without getting on a ladder, and I bet that’d be even more of a workout with twice the pressure coming out the tip!

Ultimately decided to do one more round with the little guy and I’ll reassess next time it’s worn out; probably make the move to a forever unit then. I did take the opportunity to upgrade to quick connects and an MTMS28 gun.
    That’s exactly what I did in April. I already had the disconnects and gun. I did buy a much lighter hose, (the blue Flexzilla). It’s a great set-up and just fine for light-duty jobs,

Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast