autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    That was a good video of the Griot's facility. Nice to see they make their products all in-house and are a family-owned business. Still wondering what new LSP they will be coming out with being they're relying mostly in the 3 in 1 spray wax. Good product but could use an update IMO.
    They have come out with select new products every year since Nick took over from his Dad, so I expect a new(ish) LSP product IS coming. I'd like to see a spray on, hose off product for starters what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    That was a good video of the Griot's facility. Nice to see they make their products all in-house and are a family-owned business. Still wondering what new LSP they will be coming out with being they're relying mostly in the 3 in 1 spray wax. Good product but could use an update IMO.
    They said problem with high solids coating is manufacturing it themselves. I guess not easiest to do and they said they don’t want to farm out.

Funny thing is they farmed out there trim and headlight coating to cerAcoat….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Mequiars is a legacy brand, no innovation and the world has passed them bywhat's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

I respectfully disagree with you on this one my friend.. It’s not that the world has passed them by, but maybe it’s more like you that has passed them by in way of no longer fitting into their target audience..

Think about it and take yourself back 15yrs… What place did you love to go to and check out all the products and make your purchases and come home to enjoy your new goodies? That place was likely a Pep Boys, Autozone, Walmart, Oreillys, or whatever chain store was popular in your parts… The point is we all fit that target audience to a T back then, but we’ve sort of moved onto different tastes which is why we tend to gravitate towards niche product lines nowadays that are geared to “prosumers” at the very least.

But further down the totem pole you bet your arse there’s dudes who are following in your footsteps from 15-20yrs. ago geeking out on “detailing” their 1st cars and they’re probably using a product like this:

Now, would you be using that product today? Have you? Has anyone on this forum even mentioned that product at all? I can’t recall a single mention of it so far.
    But there’s obviously people out there buying it or it wouldn’t be taking up precious space on the rack of your local walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Sadly, I tend to agree.

I certainly use and like a selection of their products........................but all bar one are legacy products, in fact one has been discontinued now, the others are very old school thinking. Sure, they do the job, but they just aren't an industry leader and haven't been for a long time now. In this era, why they have so many bottles of liquid wax on offer, all repackaged with different names and different colored bottles, is beyond me. All at the expense of product innovation. Very lazy. And the problem is, people of my generation or younger simply do not relate Meguiar's to high quality car care. One of these days, they will run out of legacy customers.
    I hear what you’re saying, however personally I don’t really care what other people of my generation or younger think or miss out on as long as the tried & true stuff I can depend on is still available for purchase, that’s all that matters to me and I’ll continue using it. Whether it’s Hyper Dressing, APC Concentrate, Megs Glass Cleaner is still the one I have the most trust in above all glass cleaners to provide great dependable results. There’s no other product line as a whole I can depend on like I do Meguiars.

Gold never goes out of style in my book.what's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeC View Post
    Meguiars is a different company after 3M purchased it. No longer is there any innovation.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    The detailing world as a whole can only invent so much, there comes a point where it reaches a plateau. I mean even if they did somehow release a new mind blowing compound this year, what could it really do to blow everyones mind? I’ll wait for a reply but I’m pretty sure nobody can really think of a good answer to that question because what else could a compound do?

But as I stated before, there’s stuff out there, for example their new headlight restoration kit, however you’re probably among the last ones who would even need that kind of product because your headlights would never look like chit to begin with, but that newb exists out there. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    The real reason I don't do interiors, except occasionally, is because the people that have the worst cars are willing to pay the least to get them cleaned. Time is money and if they don't have the money I don't have the time. This and the fact that detailing is an occasional weekend gig and my business is really built on paint correction and coatings.

Have you looked into the Rip Clean system? I'm tempted to get it just for the hell of it. For $250 it looks like you can turn your shop vac into a damn good extractor.
    Better Extractor Auto Detailing Extractor Vacuum Conversion Kit
    Sorry I never replied to this… Yea I’ve looked into those setups, the only thing that turns me off is it kinda seems a bit clunky with the whole hose coming from a spigot and makes it seem like you’d be tied down from different directions while trying to use it. Plus it would only get worse if you had to go mobile with it.

Probably sound like a noob for saying this, but in a perfect world I’d kinda be really happy with just a Bissell Spotclean Pro if it had a real hose… I mean if that Spotpro had like a 15ft. hose I think it’d be perfect. Otherwise I have zero complaints with it.

Some people complain about its lack of suction power, but IMO that’s not a problem at all because it’s made to handle the amount of water it sprays out and works perfectly. There’s a ton of water visible in the wand and the carpet isn’t overly wet so what is there to complain about? It flat out works. If it only had 10ft. more hose, that’s all I want. Lol.

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your right Ric, plus I've never heard of that product, they've obviously not connected with me but you know what "legacy" brand has...Turtle Wax. Not only have they connected with me, they threw out the fishing line, caught me and have kept me coming back to certain products...that's how you do it, get a snob like me to buy into your new approach and lines and PROVE ITwhat's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Maybe I should buy 1 Meg's product to try, which should I get Ricwhat's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Your right Ric, plus I've never heard of that product, they've obviously not connected with me but you know what "legacy" brand has...Turtle Wax. Not only have they connected with me, they threw out the fishing line, caught me and have kept me coming back to certain products...that's how you do it, get a snob like me to buy into your new approach and lines and PROVE ITwhat's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Maybe I should buy 1 Meg's product to try, which should I get Ricwhat's the last car care/detailing video you've just watched?

Hybrid Ceramic Detailer is relatively new in the Meguiar's universe and product I really enjoy using. Super easy to use and a nice uptick in gloss and slickness.

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast