autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use Batoka cordless portable polisher?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried this polisher for paint correction. I live in an apartment so it would be easier to use a cordless polisher in the underground garage than finding somewhere to plug one in.

Link:
    Amazon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone use Batoka cordless portable polisher?

That polisher is very weak and the battery life is subpar. If you're on a budget your best bet is to head over to your local lowe's and purchase the kobalt 24v 2 pack battery kit that comes with a "free gift" of your choosing which could be a polisher.

Access Denied

Access Denied

Post Thanks / Like

I spent a lot of time looking at the various budget cordless dual action polisher. I found that most of the 12 volt ones are more for applying wax and maybe some light polishing. The exception to this would be the Batoca S2 dual action polisher which comes with two 12 volt 5 amp batteries. I've been using this polisher for a few weeks, and it does a good job. The pad doesn't tend to stall out much at all which is really important to get any kind of correction. It's suitable for light paint correction on speed 5 or higher. Another one to look at is POPULO brushless buffer on Amazon which has more power but only comes with one battery. I looked at the Kobalt polisher but about half the reviews said that the pad stalls out with just barely any pressure.

A good budget combo would be the Batoca S2 polisher and the Turtle Wax Ultimate Paint Correction kit which comes with the Pro 1 & Done compound, 3 Lake Country CCS foam pads and one Buff and Shine 50/50 Uro-fiber pad. It's being sold on the official Turtle Wax site for $42 which is a great deal. Basically, you would want to start off with the least aggressive pad on a small test section. Keep testing until you get the correction that you're looking for. One thing that isn't always mentioned on most of the paint correction info that can be found online is how hard the clear coat is on the car that your working on. If it's soft, you can get a lot more correction on a less aggressive pad. If it's a really hard clear coat, then you might need to use a microfiber pad.

4. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryobi makes a nice cordless polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

One needs a polisher with a lot of power for proper correction ability.

I doubt that machine can do the job. as mentioned Ryobi would be a minimum, but Makita has a cordless polisher 18V that works like a charm.
    Flex 3401 & PE14

7. Likes DFB liked this post