autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Sealants - 3-6 months

I was tempted to pick up a bottle of the new Armor All Extreme Shield Graphene Spray Coating. It was only 11 bucks at my local Menards store which is much cheaper than I've seen it from other online places. But despite my very strong urges (obsession), I decided to leave it because I literally have several detailing products I've bought in the past 12 months that I have not even used yet.

I know AA isn't a brand that most detailing enthusiasts respect but if any of you have tried their Ceramic Car Wash, you'll know that that stuff is pretty damn impressive, especially when applied undiluted. The beading is insane. And its far cheaper than anything else on the market, particularly in the ceramic spray-n-rinse category. Its a sleeper product for sure.

Which is why, when I saw this new Graphene spray, that it piqued my interest.

2. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post

I know AA isn't a brand that most detailing enthusiasts respect but if any of you have tried their Ceramic Car Wash, you'll know that that stuff is pretty damn impressive
    Armor All Extreme Shield Wax that was available several years ago is hands down the best liquid sealant I’ve ever used in my life.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not available in the US but SiRamik's Lustrous Plus Graphene Spray is on par with full coatings when it comes to water behavior, self cleaning, chemical resistance, gloss, and realistic 8-12 month durability (based on other's testimony). I contacted the seller through Facebook and imported it from England. The shipping was expensive but I also ordered a few of their other products to make the cost a bit more worthwhile (their tire dressing is excellent).

I've had good luck with Kamikaze Overcoat 3.1 and Polish Angel High Gloss is nice but I won't be buying any more LSP's from them once I've used it up. Lustrous Plus doesn't need topping, the manufacturer recommends against it, so I'll be using my remaining toppers to maintain my family's cars.

Despite what I just said, I would like to try Armor Detail Supply's Ceramic Spray Sealant though. The performance and durability I've seen in a few videos look to be extremely good and it's quite affordable.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    It's not available in the US but SiRamik's Lustrous Plus Graphene Spray is on par with full coatings when it comes to water behavior, self cleaning, chemical resistance, gloss, and realistic 8-12 month durability (based on other's testimony). I contacted the seller through Facebook and imported it from England. The shipping was expensive but I also ordered a few of their other products to make the cost a bit more worthwhile (their tire dressing is excellent).

I've had good luck with Kamikaze Overcoat 3.1 and Polish Angel High Gloss is nice but I won't be buying any more LSP's from them once I've used it up. Lustrous Plus doesn't need topping, the manufacturer recommends against it, so I'll be using my remaining toppers to maintain my family's cars.

Despite what I just said, I would like to try Armor Detail Supply's Ceramic Spray Sealant though. The performance and durability I've seen in a few videos look to be extremely good and it's quite affordable.
    Armor Detail looks really nice. They check all the boxes for me. Nice smell and packaging with fair prices. And they look durable.

Another American brand called owner's pride for instance - the prices are really up there on some stuff. Owner's pride original coating looks like technicians choice's stuff.

I'm done with uber expensive products personally. Besides tools.

6. Likes Gridlink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Armor Detail looks really nice. They check all the boxes for me. Nice smell and packaging with fair prices. And they look durable.

Another American brand called owner's pride for instance - the prices are really up there on some stuff. Owner's pride original coating looks like technicians choice's stuff.

Yup, that's a big part of why I'm not buying any more PA and likely Kamikaze products again. Nice stuff but just exceedingly overpriced for what they are and all the other stuff out there. The SiRamik stuff is a lot like Armor Detailing but in the UK.

8. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Yes exactly!

For me its all about the performance/cost ratio. Strip away fancy bottles/packaging, boutique brand names, youtube influencer endorsements or just plain consumer hype - the question then becomes: does it out-perform the lower priced competition enough to demand the extra cost? In most cases, the answer is a fat NO.

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i agree, most of these premium brands are not worth the premium - pun intended lol

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Yes exactly!

For me its all about the performance/cost ratio. Strip away fancy bottles/packaging, boutique brand names, youtube influencer endorsements or just plain consumer hype - the question then becomes: does it out-perform the lower priced competition enough to demand the extra cost? In most cases, the answer is a fat NO.
    AMEN.

Those "Rabbit Hole" days for me were kind of fun, but over time I thought to myself "What the hell are you doing paying for all of this stuff that does the exact same thing that your cheaper stuff does??"
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

14. Likes DUBL0WS6, CleanIT, evo77, dlc95 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    Yup, that's a big part of why I'm not buying any more PA and likely Kamikaze products again. Nice stuff but just exceedingly overpriced for what they are and all the other stuff out there. The SiRamik stuff is a lot like Armor Detailing but in the UK.
    I've been aware of SiRamik for a while. If they ever made it over this side i would be very interested.

Post Thanks / Like

I apply a spritz of 3D Bead-It Up on every wet panel wipe down. I’ll probably never know the longevity.

17. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast