autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's 2023 Summer Order?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Jumped in this weekend myself. Bought late last night with a code (JULY20) for a nice discount + a free window coating kit for hitting the $150 threshold. It's already packed and awaiting UPS - impressive for a holiday weekend.

The purchase is entirely a result of this thread. The order included every liquid except the panel prep (sold out) so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Son of a gun!...whats the percent off discount??

Nice haul! Lets us know what ya think.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Son of a gun!...whats the percent off discount??

Nice haul! Lets us know what ya think.

It is 20% off and valid I think through July 4... had to keep adding just about everything to get to a nice round $150.32. Bought some of their low nap towels and a second wheel cleaner to finally cross that threshold. I figure towels and wheel cleaner can almost always have a use no matter the quality.

I might even just strip down one whole vehicle and give it a full AD brand once over. Rarely can I claim such product synergy so why not...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no not DEFCON 4

5. Thanks noorth, Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I appreciated the Labocosmetica update. I'd say the rest of this went off rather poorly What's everyone's 2023 Summer Order?

7. Likes DanaDetailingPros, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is 20% off and valid I think through July 4... had to keep adding just about everything to get to a nice round $150.32. Bought some of their low nap towels and a second wheel cleaner to finally cross that threshold. I figure towels and wheel cleaner can almost always have a use no matter the quality.

I might even just strip down one whole vehicle and give it a full AD brand once over. Rarely can I claim such product synergy so why not...

Nice! Didnt even know about the sale. Its not even advertised on the website. Damn gallon of amplify is already out of stock!What's everyone's 2023 Summer Order? lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Nice! Didnt even know about the sale. Its not even advertised on the website. Damn gallon of amplify is already out of stock!What's everyone's 2023 Summer Order? lol

Found all this on a FB group actually. One of the AD guys said those gallons probably aren't back until mid-July.

They apparently changed the colors of Decon and Panel Prep before release and decided to sell them in gallons recently at $20 + shipping. Don't know if they have any left but just in case anyone needs them you just reach out to them direct.

Post Thanks / Like

Noorth, did your account get hacked? Lotta posts here that have nothing to do with summer detailin, mixed with others that sound just like your normal posts…

11. Likes opie, Coatingsarecrack, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jumped in this weekend myself. Bought late last night with a code (JULY20) for a nice discount + a free window coating kit for hitting the $150 threshold. It's already packed and awaiting UPS - impressive for a holiday weekend.

The purchase is entirely a result of this thread. The order included every liquid except the panel prep (sold out) so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Wise choice. All of their products are good. One tip is to apply the ceramic sealant to the paint then proceed with wipe on wipe off. You will get better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Update: I just used essence. It was runny, poor lubrication and dusty! Gyeon primer is way better.

And the clay scrubbers are not that aggressive it seems.

Labocosmetica's purifia worked great as a clay lube cut 10:1. It worked best when i started spraying a little bit of water on the panels first. Great brand.

The rupes yellow waffle pad works very good. i will be using it again for sure. I used a SPTA cordless 15mm on speed 6.

I might just polish the bonnet again with something else. Not impressed with essence. And frankly i knocked down essence+ very easily with some chemicals. It would not hold up here.

I seen a video recently that labocosmetica is making a new easier to use spray sealant i might just try that.

Mafra as a new rinseless coming out too.

For an enthusiast i believe labocosmentica have the best value products. They are heads above a brand like P&S. It's kinda funny lol i don't know what it is about absolute but it just feels "cheap". And i still not sure but tends to streak if you make more than on pass.

Update: If you use the clay scrubbers with tar and glue removers the blue dye will come out. More junk from TRC. And they are very weak. Might go in the trash...

Not a fan of the rag company frankly. Jews.

The clay scrubbers are junk. Jason from Chicago auto pros loves them. FYI
    The TRC clay scrubbers are actually good from my experience using them. Comfortable in the hand. TRC has stated these are fine grade as well. Also it is not recommended to use tar removers with a majority of clay alternative as it will do exactly what you experienced.

Are you still shaking Absolute prior to mixing it? Are you aggressively stirring it in the bucket? If you are that the issue as the polymers will start to encapsulate themselves. Stir it and don't shake it. Absolute doesn't like that aggression. I have zero streaking with the product even in direct sun.

Can't help you with Essence as it has worked perfectly fine for me without any dusting. Has a long working time as well. Unlike Q2 Primer which can dust especially if it is overworked.

13. Thanks Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Wise choice. All of their products are good. One tip is to apply the ceramic sealant to the paint then proceed with wipe on wipe off. You will get better performance.
    So you are you saying to spray or mist onto paint directly, then wipe onto paint with mf towel then wipe off?

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Found all this on a FB group actually. One of the AD guys said those gallons probably aren't back until mid-July.

They apparently changed the colors of Decon and Panel Prep before release and decided to sell them in gallons recently at $20 + shipping. Don't know if they have any left but just in case anyone needs them you just reach out to them direct.

Who was that with the gallons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast