autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hazing with Collinite wax.

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    So, I was still mumbling to myself about this failed Collinite No. 915 application. This weekend I revisited the brand. As a stop gap(after a couple weeks getting the car polished a little bit at a time I was feeling burnt out...) I got Optimum Spray Car Wax just to get something on the car that was still carnauba based. I couldn't leave the panels naked after all that work. Well, we had a rainy week and over that week I got to see first hand the performance of the Optimum wax. Overall, not impressed. The car was sheeting water slowly and wasn't really all that slick to the knuckles. Gloss was good, like all their products, but not like a full-fledged wax. I grabbed the No. 845 Saturday and once again read the bottle. Same directions as No. 915 and No. 476....only do a 2'x2' section at a time and buff off "as soon as it starts to haze." Based on what others have said here I knew that wasn't the case, I applied to the entire car and left it for over an hour. No issues whatsoever removing it and 48 hours later no hazing at all. So why is the user experience so different from what the bottle says it should be? After this recent experience I plan to do the same with the No. 915 next time and let it cure for longer, despite the directions.
    Yeah, they should have completely different directions for 845. It's nothing like their paste waxes.

Just be prepared for a little fight if you leave the 915 (or 476) on for too long. I will generally let it cure/haze for up to 5 minutes depending on humidity. After that, you risk having a tougher removal.

Try some test spots first to see how long you can leave it on and still be able to remove it comfortably. (In your opinion...)
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yeah, they should have completely different directions for 845. It's nothing like their paste waxes.

Just be prepared for a little fight if you leave the 915 (or 476) on for too long. I will generally let it cure/haze for up to 5 minutes depending on humidity. After that, you risk having a tougher removal.

Try some test spots first to see how long you can leave it on and still be able to remove it comfortably. (In your opinion...)
    5 minutes has traditionally been my limit with both so good to know I have been doing right. That last time with 915 was super hot and humid. Plus I used too much lol

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    . That last time with 915 was super hot and humid. Plus I used too much lol

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    OUCH!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

845... wax on, wax off

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234