autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro DLUX application questions

I just did 3 of my wheels with DLUX and this is the first time ever I use ceramic coating. I had some odd usage feeling and just wanted to ask questions to help understand before I go back for the 4th.

First of all it was impossible to see where I applied it so I was trying to test my "dry" time before wipe since it was 17c/63f and could not determine when. I figured around 2min to 3min and sometimes it wiped off clean but sometimes it wiped off and was grabby. Did I not apply enough or waited to long or did not wait long enough? Is there a trick I can do that I know when to wipe off?

Also I wasn't sure how much product to apply after the first starting line since again couldn't see much. I just went pretty random with adding drops back at it and maybe I did not use enough product?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro DLUX application questions

If you have good lighting you will be able to see where you applied Dlux. The key is not to make too many passes. If you do it will become grabby.

It's difficult to say how much product to apply. Depending on the surface you are coating will determine how much product you will need. I find doing it in a garage with limited lighting is easier to see than in bright sun light. Having a good head/hand held light is a must.

3. Likes MidnightNarwhal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If you have good lighting you will be able to see where you applied Dlux. The key is not to make too many passes. If you do it will become grabby.

It's difficult to say how much product to apply. Depending on the surface you are coating will determine how much product you will need. I find doing it in a garage with limited lighting is easier to see than in bright sun light. Having a good head/hand held light is a must.
    Thanks for the tips. Tried shining real bright lights and really couldn't see much, it's difficult to see on this powder coated bronze flake color I guess. Nonetheless, with the light though I could see my finger swipe, similar to test wax or sealant and it seem to give me a good indicator, around 3 minutes wipe off and it felt better than the first three wheels.

But finding more info online seems to be normal for it to be a grabby a bit, but I must have done less passes like you say with the DLUX.

Post Thanks / Like

DLUX is grabby by nature upon wipe off and tacky after. Does not need to sit long before it can be wiped off. Diffused lighting is key as well rather than a bright light.

6. Likes MidnightNarwhal, bill walsh, DFB liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    DLUX is grabby by nature upon wipe off and tacky after. Does not need to sit long before it can be wiped off. Diffused lighting is key as well rather than a bright light.
    I am thinkin about Dlux for my wheels and read it also works on the black plastic exterior trim pieces(which are crap these days). But there was some discussion...it can be finicky on the plastic bits...any experience?