autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's some of your go to Youtube channels and videos.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I don't watch any detailing channels.

It's all just personal opinion as far I'm concerned. Products, tools, techniques........ YAWN.

I dialed-in my products, tools, and techniques years ago. And quite frankly, I've been done with diving down the rabbit hole of "Latest/Greatest/Newest" for years now as well.

What I use works, and I still have a ton of products collecting dust from my "rabbit hole days".

I do follow a few small engine mechanics and tool reviewers though.
    You better be subbed to mine What's some of your go to Youtube channels and videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You better be subbed to mine What's some of your go to Youtube channels and videos.
    I’ve subbed to yours for a while. Always good. What's some of your go to Youtube channels and videos.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

3. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes DanaDetailingPros, The Guz, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I don't watch any detailing channels.

It's all just personal opinion as far I'm concerned. Products, tools, techniques........ YAWN.

I dialed-in my products, tools, and techniques years ago. And quite frankly, I've been done with diving down the rabbit hole of "Latest/Greatest/Newest" for years now as well.

What I use works, and I still have a ton of products collecting dust from my "rabbit hole days".
    Brother I'm with you on that!

Honestly I've gotten REALLY annoyed by these YT detailing "influencers" and channels. So much that lately I've been skipping over their videos in my subscription list to watch something else. Their content has become more revenue motivated while cloaked in a "review" format. Their neutral opinions of certain products that clearly don't perform according to manufacturer claims is an indicator that they don't want to piss off the manufacturer to avoid from being blacklisted from further free products to review. I want real unadulterated opinions (the kind you'd hear chatting with a buddy in your garage drinking a High Life). If the product is garbage and you'd probably never use it again, THEN SAY IT. Don't tell me "well guys it didn't seem to do that well but it smells good and has a great bottle label so you should still try it out".

Torture testing is BORING now (i'm sick of it) and not applicable to real world conditions. Some have gone to ridiculous scientific methods to test these products as way to evaluate them. UV testers, abrasion machines... I mean COME ON...really? LOL

I used to enjoy watching AMMO NYC videos (still do). He is very informative and puts out entertaining videos. But now I've got to skip past his "sponsor of the day" to avoid learning how great these razor blades shave or how wonderful and convenient these microwave meals are. SMH.

And before anyone chimes in to say "well people have the right to monetize their videos because of all the effort/time it takes to shoot and edit them". Yeah ok sure but you can still shoot informative videos that are meant to educate and/or help people (if that is your TRUE intentions) without a ton of effort/time or a need to be "compensated" for it. Look at how Scott@DallasPaintCorrection did it. Point, click, shoot all in one take. No editing. Click upload to YT. DONE. Not as fancy as others but it gets the job done.

RANT OVER (i think lol)

5. Likes PaulMys, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post

Honestly I've gotten REALLY annoyed by these YT detailing "influencers" and channels. So much that lately I've been skipping over their videos in my subscription list to watch something else. Their content has become more revenue motivated while cloaked in a "review" format. Their neutral opinions of certain products that clearly don't perform according to manufacturer claims is an indicator that they don't want to piss off the manufacturer to avoid from being blacklisted from further free products to review. I want real unadulterated opinions (the kind you'd hear chatting with a buddy in your garage drinking a High Life). If the product is garbage and you'd probably never use it again, THEN SAY IT. Don't tell me "well guys it didn't seem to do that well but it smells good and has a great bottle label so you should still try it out".

Torture testing is BORING now (i'm sick of it) and not applicable to real world conditions. Some have gone to ridiculous scientific methods to test these products as way to evaluate them. UV testers, abrasion machines... I mean COME ON...really? LOL

I used to enjoy watching AMMO NYC videos (still do). He is very informative and puts out entertaining videos. But now I've got to skip past his "sponsor of the day" to avoid learning how great these razor blades shave or how wonderful and convenient these microwave meals are. SMH.

And before anyone chimes in to say "well people have the right to monetize their videos because of all the effort/time it takes to shoot and edit them". Yeah ok sure but you can still shoot informative videos that are meant to educate and/or help people (if that is your TRUE intentions) without a ton of effort/time or a need to be "compensated" for it. Look at how Scott@DallasPaintCorrection did it. Point, click, shoot all in one take. No editing. Click upload to YT. DONE. Not as fancy as others but it gets the job done.

RANT OVER (i think lol)
    Most have caught on by now. So far so good on this list. Now if someone said Mat Moreman @ Obsessed Garage I'd either say you must have a lot of cash to burn or you are a complete knuckle head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Most have caught on by now. So far so good on this list. Now if someone said Mat Moreman @ Obsessed Garage I'd either say you must have a lot of cash to burn or you are a complete knuckle head.
    I can't get past his voice

Post Thanks / Like

Torture testing is BORING now (i'm sick of it) and not applicable to real world conditions.
    What, you don’t often drive through thunderstorms of APC and Wheel Acid?!?!? I need to move to your climate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. Likes Silly Rabbit, PaulMys, DFB, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Subbed, and a tattoo of your logo over my heart Mike!!

In my last post, I was only referring to the annoying, in-your-face YT detailers.

I shouldn't have said "Any detailing channels".

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

RANT OVER (i think lol)
    Scott at DPC was the first guy I watched. Total douche bag. Would talk all the time about how “his industry is ripping consumers off”

Then he got with Luxury MicroFiber pushing overpriced products. He just saw dollars and flipped his script.

You tube is all about generating revenue now.

Agreed about Ammo NYC. A lot of times when your as big as him you don’t have a choice about those sponsor commercials.

I like that he uses his products but stresses use what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes DFB, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I'm a lot of things, but I don't think I'm either of those.

I do watch his content and have learnt a lot from his videos. I do however know how much he ruffles feathers, so I tend to avoid mentioning him or his videos.

However, of late, I have started to get turned off by his behavior. Certain comments about how people choose (or not choose) to live their lives really upset me. I had once had a lot of respect for him, especially for following his heart rather than what others want him to do. There was a time when that mentality freed me of some long-term hangups of my own. However, a few rants/comments he made really contradicted his mantra and made me feel like a complete worthless piece of cr.p. Not everyone has a killer motivation or a need to be a rich sod.

I also played a role in getting some of his private label products distributed in Australia, in particular a couple of key players that his team had failed to shortlist. I did this out of my own good will and was happy to do so. But there was no acknowledgement on his end, which was a little poor form considering his early fanbase helped start his business and build it to where it is today. Fans who have ultimately funded his fleet or Porsche's and huge "destination" property.

I guess it was only a matter of time before he offended me, like so many before. I don't know who I'm more disappointed in, him or myself for falling for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure your not alone! I really love niche companies that cater to a higher end clientele, and carry only the best of the best. But his arrogance and cavalier approach just kills his decor. And I could just as easily gone down that rabbit hole early on.
    Luckily when it comes to the bigger toys I buy, I have had a very good rapport with Clean Garage. Josh and Tyler have been great! Prices are also on par to a bit lower on big ticket items.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast