autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What’s the best APC or the like to clean exterior plastics like bed rail caps? I have spotting it seems and some deep dirt left

So I’m going to do a deep detail here soon and on my last truck wash I noticed that I have what seems to be water spotting or spots left by water and pollen mix. I also have some dirt stuck in the plastics low spots that doesn’t want to come out. I used D101 @ 4:1 and it did a decent job but I’m afraid of going stronger since there are many reports of D101 ruining plastics at higher dilutions. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What’s the best APC or the like to clean exterior plastics like bed rail caps? I have spotting it seems and some deep dirt left

Try Bilt-Hamber Surfex

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes MrOneEyedBoh, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What’s the best APC or the like to clean exterior plastics like bed rail caps? I have spotting it seems and some deep dirt left

If you can find some, Meguiar's M39 is great for this situation.

Also look at Nextzett "Plastikreiniger".

5. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    If you can find some, Meguiar's M39 is great for this situation.

Also look at Nextzett "Plastikreiniger".
    I actually have some that I never used…. Thanks! So it’ll work on the textured exterior plastics?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    So I’m going to do a deep detail here soon and on my last truck wash I noticed that I have what seems to be water spotting or spots left by water and pollen mix. I also have some dirt stuck in the plastics low spots that doesn’t want to come out. I used D101 @ 4:1 and it did a decent job but I’m afraid of going stronger since there are many reports of D101 ruining plastics at higher dilutions. Thoughts?
    APC's staining plastics typically happens when all of it is not wiped off promptly. I've used Bilt Hamber Surfex HD at 10:1......I've also used CarPro Eraser. The Surfex I foamed on....agitated with a medium brush...and rinsed thoroughly

8. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i've been using the new GG citrus APC on many surfaces (tires mainly) and it has worked well with no negative effects. with any APC/chemical, test a small area fiirst and see what kind of results you get before moving on...

very economical at three dilution levels 20:1, 10:1, and 4:1 (or anything else within those dilution levels)..
    i am the jump starter.

10. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    I actually have some that I never used…. Thanks! So it’ll work on the textured exterior plastics?
    Can certainly be used on textured black plastics.

12. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i've been using the new GG citrus APC on many surfaces (tires mainly) and it has worked well with no negative effects. with any APC/chemical, test a small area fiirst and see what kind of results you get before moving on...

very economical at three dilution levels 20:1, 10:1, and 4:1 (or anything else within those dilution levels)..
    I'll be trying that next time I order something

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 3D Super Citrus APC for all exterior cleaning duties. It's insanely economical with its dilution ratios and packs a solid cleaning punch. I usually dilute it ~4oz to a gallon, and that's the "super strength" recommended dilution (32:1!). It's not a foaming APC I think because of the citrus solvent content, but it works just as good as anything else I've tried.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

16. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Poorboys World APC. I don't remember the dilution, but I use what's on the bottle for "general use" like exterior bits and some interior areas. I also keep a small bottle at a higher dilution level for leather and upholstery. It works great on everything.

Depending on the texture of the plastic, you might need to use a soft toothbrush or similar to get after the grime and waterspots.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

18. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast