autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Favorite Rinseless Wash

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolute

8 23.53%
  • ONR

13 38.24%
  • DIY

4 11.76%
  • Wolfgang Uber

9 26.47%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Rinseless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    My ranking -

1st - Absolute

2nd - N-914

3rd - Dry Spell

ONR gets the most use though, although more as a water-less wash product to wipe engine bays, door jambs, interior wipe downs.
    I need to try Absolute. Without a Mustang in the garage, I've been 100% soap & water washing. I still want to give it a shot, though. It could be something I end up using for door jambs etc.

2. Likes DFB, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I need to try Absolute. Without a Mustang in the garage, I've been 100% soap & water washing. I still want to give it a shot, though. It could be something I end up using for door jambs etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I have the same issue with ONR. I bought the 3.8l one about 5 years ago, and I'm about halfway through it. I obviously don't do enough rinseless washes. I tried adding it to the windscreen reservoir, but it left streaks. I've just ordered some Ech2o to try out, there was a sale on, should arrive next week.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    I use my ECHO2 as a drying aid and speed detailer. I'm curious to hear how you like it Dave.

4. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect without Absolute, I wouldn't have fallen so in love with rinse-less.

Up to that point, I had been dabbling with ONR and N-914, but Absolute just seems to suit me better. For most, it won't be the game changer it is for me, but I genuinely look forward to using it.

Prior to all this, I bought a bottle of ONR because I thought that was what you were supposed to do................. yes, I'm a keep up with the Jones's type of person. I had no idea what I was going to use it for, certainly not rinse-less washing! I started using it here and there mixed at the water-less ratio, initially hating the scent. I started using it for wiping engine bays and bench surfaces. Then to wipe down door jambs, then interiors. We also use it in the kitchen. The mild scent I find totally fine now, in fact I like that it's not overpowering and that I can use it in my interiors without the scent lingering.

Then, after much resistance, I used ONR to do my first rinse-less wash and found that I had been missing out.

I then ordered a bottle of N-914 after everyone was saying how good it was. Initially, I did not like it, finding it somewhat "sticky" feeling compared to ONR. After more use, N-914 gets a regular rotation now. It even gets put into the windscreen washer bottle.

That's where Absolute came into the picture, and this is where I found my feet.

Then Carpro ECH20....................

Then Dry Spell................which is not unlike N-914.

I have said this before, but if it wasn't for the encouragement I got from this forum, I would never have had the confidence to get into rinse-less washing.

Post Thanks / Like

I could drink ONR the smell for me i like it a lot! It's funny how the human nose work's from person to person.

7. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    I could drink ONR the smell for me i like it a lot! It's funny how the human nose work's from person to person.
    Agreed!

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss is still a top notch product. For me it had more lubricity than ECH20. I ended up mixing them together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    ECH2O is what I use primarily to wash my bike, does a great job of getting the job done

if ECH20 won't be enough, i'll do a two bucket wash with CARPRO's Reset

I used to wash it with ECH2O as a waterless, but not worry about completely buffing out all the streaks, then i'd dilute and use ECH2O as a QD to finish it up

I do the same now, but finish off with CARPRO EliXir rather than diluted ECH2O

McKee's N-914 is good stuff, if I used that or WG's Uber or Reset, i'll usually finish off with a reapplication of my favorite topper, Polish Angel's High Gloss
    How do you like the Elixir compared to ECH20?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    How do you like the Elixir compared to ECH20?
    I'm not the person you quoted but I actually use both and just started using Ech2o 1:20 as my drying aid instead of Elixir after seeing Mike G video about it. I had my bottle of ech2o collecting dust since I got it for rinse less but preferred other products.

So for context, Elixir is my main LSP atm but this year I'm getting a coating, anyhow I'd say they are pretty much on par except protection wise, Elixir has that Reload in it so it offers much more protection. But yeah I'd say like slick wise, it's pretty similar and slight edge to Elixir IIRC. Gloss is hard to tell for me, I have a white car currently unpolished and I don't have the best eye for that, if my car is clean and has a finishing product it almost all looks the same to me. After discovering Ech2o at 1:20 I now just use my Elixir once or twice a month really instead of every wash so it saves a few $$$. Using Ech2o 1:20 it feels similar to Elixir as well the way it applies.

12. Thanks Game thanked for this post
    Likes DanaDetailingPros, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightNarwhal View Post
    I'm not the person you quoted but I actually use both and just started using Ech2o 1:20 as my drying aid instead of Elixir after seeing Mike G video about it. I had my bottle of ech2o collecting dust since I got it for rinse less but preferred other products.

So for context, Elixir is my main LSP atm but this year I'm getting a coating, anyhow I'd say they are pretty much on par except protection wise, Elixir has that Reload in it so it offers much more protection. But yeah I'd say like slick wise, it's pretty similar and slight edge to Elixir IIRC. Gloss is hard to tell for me, I have a white car currently unpolished and I don't have the best eye for that, if my car is clean and has a finishing product it almost all looks the same to me. After discovering Ech2o at 1:20 I now just use my Elixir once or twice a month really instead of every wash so it saves a few $$$. Using Ech2o 1:20 it feels similar to Elixir as well the way it applies.
    Appreciate the response and the info.

I plan on using it as a drying aid mostly on a non coated car until I end up coating it. With ech20, elixir and reload, it’s a tough decision.

Awesome E92 btw.

14. Likes MidnightNarwhal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I have the same issue with ONR. I bought the 3.8l one about 5 years ago, and I'm about halfway through it. I obviously don't do enough rinseless washes. I tried adding it to the windscreen reservoir, but it left streaks. I've just ordered some Ech2o to try out, there was a sale on, should arrive next week.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    ECH2O is what I use primarily to wash my bike, does a great job of getting the job done

if ECH20 won't be enough, i'll do a two bucket wash with CARPRO's Reset

I used to wash it with ECH2O as a waterless, but not worry about completely buffing out all the streaks, then i'd dilute and use ECH2O as a QD to finish it up

I do the same now, but finish off with CARPRO EliXir rather than diluted ECH2O

McKee's N-914 is good stuff, if I used that or WG's Uber or Reset, i'll usually finish off with a reapplication of my favorite topper, Polish Angel's High Gloss
    Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah n-914 is falling down the list. I like it’s versatility but not so much as main rinsless. I do still use as pretreat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightNarwhal View Post

I also use Elixir allot as a LSP and even quickie. It seems more Hydrophobic than ECHO2.

16. Likes MidnightNarwhal, Azure liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast