autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions on Gyeon CanCoat Evo and its application

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I wear nitrile gloves while using cancoat or any glass bottle ceramic coating. Never had any issues with product on skin.

Cancoat contains napatha, so yeah in a very confined or indoor space with little ventilation the vapors may be a bit strong for some

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I’ll be wearing a proper mask from now on anytime I use it. Not 1 of those weak ones, but a proper hard shell mask without a ventilation hole. I’ve never understood how those N95 masks are highly recommended. I used to work in a place where we’d have to handle tubs of ground spices and herbs. If you tried to work around a several hundred pound tub of black pepper without a mask you’d be coughing and have trouble breathing in no time. Those masks with a ventilation hole are absolutely useless. But if you wear a solid mask without a ventilation hole it blocks
    100% and you can’t smell a thing.

Post Thanks / Like

How does applying Can Coat with a larger/rectangular microfiber ceramic applicator compare to applying it with a regular mf cloth?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    How does applying Can Coat with a larger/rectangular microfiber ceramic applicator compare to applying it with a regular mf cloth?
    I apply it with a round microfiber applicator [foam applicator works fine too] using a top such as you’d usually find on a bottle of liquid sealant. I think it works great that way.

Applying it with a microfiber towel I don’t really like because it requires you to spray Cancoat into the air which can lead to overspray, toxic fumes in the air which become even worse if you’re in a confined space such as a garage, and another con is having to depend on the included sprayers to actually work, and they usually don’t work more than once even if you do your best to clean them after use.

Plus the microfiber towel needs to be primed in order to spread effectively and I don’t like that either.

Wear gloves.Questions on Gyeon CanCoat Evo and its application

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, John U, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’ll be wearing a proper mask from now on anytime I use it. Not 1 of those weak ones, but a proper hard shell mask without a ventilation hole. I’ve never understood how those N95 masks are highly recommended. I used to work in a place where we’d have to handle tubs of ground spices and herbs. If you tried to work around a several hundred pound tub of black pepper without a mask you’d be coughing and have trouble breathing in no time. Those masks with a ventilation hole are absolutely useless. But if you wear a solid mask without a ventilation hole it blocks
    100% and you can’t smell a thing.
    I've had to spec out a few respirators in my day, when you say "ventilation hole" are you talking about an exhalation valve? And if by "hard shell" you mean a respirator with replaceable cartridges, those all have exhalation valves, AFAIK. The appeal of an N95 mask is that you can throw them away when they get dirty/sweaty etc., as opposed to a respirator where you have to clean the rubber parts periodically. Also, you can't get the kind of organic vapor protection from a disposable mask that you get from a respirator with the right cartridges.

So if you were breathing atomized droplets from the Cancoat, then an N95 would probably stop them (95% of them anyway), but if you are bothered by solvent fumes you need an organic vapor cartridge respirator, that has charcoal filters to absorb the solvent vapors. BTW, I would almost always get the N95 masks with the exhalation valve, it keeps it from getting wet inside if you wear if for a long time, thus being harder to breathe through, and reduces fogging if you wear glasses.

I think 3M or North used to make an N95 that had a charcoal layer, but I haven't looked into any of that stuff since before the pandemic when that stuff went all crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I've had to spec out a few respirators in my day, when you say "ventilation hole" are you talking about an exhalation valve? And if by "hard shell" you mean a respirator with replaceable cartridges, those all have exhalation valves, AFAIK. The appeal of an N95 mask is that you can throw them away when they get dirty/sweaty etc., as opposed to a respirator where you have to clean the rubber parts periodically. Also, you can't get the kind of organic vapor protection from a disposable mask that you get from a respirator with the right cartridges.

So if you were breathing atomized droplets from the Cancoat, then an N95 would probably stop them (95% of them anyway), but if you are bothered by solvent fumes you need an organic vapor cartridge respirator, that has charcoal filters to absorb the solvent vapors. BTW, I would almost always get the N95 masks with the exhalation valve, it keeps it from getting wet inside if you wear if for a long time, thus being harder to breathe through, and reduces fogging if you wear glasses.

I think 3M or North used to make an N95 that had a charcoal layer, but I haven't looked into any of that stuff since before the pandemic when that stuff went all crazy.
    I like these kind.

I dislike these kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, whatever you are comfortable with, glad you are protecting yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ok, whatever you are comfortable with, glad you are protecting yourself.
    I’m out of Cancoat for the time being though.. Last time I went to use it nothing came out and when I looked inside the very last of it had crystalized on the bottom of the can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I have only ever used Can Coat like this, I get more control that way. At the end of the day, it's doing the exact same thing, just without having to manage a folded towel.

10. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes opie, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it one step farther to keep the atomized spray out the air. I use cheap disposable eye droppers instead of spray heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have only ever used Can Coat like this, I get more control that way. At the end of the day, it's doing the exact same thing, just without having to manage a folded towel.

I do same as you, rectangle autofiber applicator is my go to for cancoat

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

13. Likes John U, CleanIT, DFB liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast