autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tornador - Yay or Nay

I'm in the camp that -extracting- is better than -pushing it in-
    Carpets, etc for auto - I'm using my Sapphire Upholstery Want to extract rather than take a pressure washer and -hose it into the fiber-....

For interior cleaning, I like to do a vac 1st. On seats, etc, I just use an air gun to blow out all the crack and crevices.
    However, in reading the Tornador review, a review suggest the Tornador is actually better in blowing out the cracks in the seats ?
    I generally also -peel back- the seams on seats as I vac to get every nook and cranny

For those with the Tornador, is it superior to just an air gun in vehicle interior applications. If so, be curious to hear how and why

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornador - Yay or Nay

It’s not an either/or.. they each have their place.

Tornador tools changed the game for me. None of their tools are magical, they each have a learning curve, but once you have it down and know where each tool shines, you’ll have just quantum leaped in the detail business.

The worst kid mess town and country jobs don’t intimidate me anymore. I run the blow gun at 120psi and it handles itself just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    I'm in the camp that -extracting- is better than -pushing it in-
    Carpets, etc for auto - I'm using my Sapphire Upholstery Want to extract rather than take a pressure washer and -hose it into the fiber-....

For interior cleaning, I like to do a vac 1st. On seats, etc, I just use an air gun to blow out all the crack and crevices.
    However, in reading the Tornador review, a review suggest the Tornador is actually better in blowing out the cracks in the seats ?
    I generally also -peel back- the seams on seats as I vac to get every nook and cranny

For those with the Tornador, is it superior to just an air gun in vehicle interior applications. If so, be curious to hear how and why

Tornador is a game changer but it's not a replacement for a full extractor.

The velocity vac is the way to go first as it will remove more dirt than ever possible without it and is a great way of reducing a lahar of muck inside your extractor. I use the black as a blower when doing matts or any carpet that can be removed and brought a good disatnce from my vheicles as to avoid the dust cloud from hell. Very important to wear PPE when doing so too as you don't want to inhale spores from down under. I even added a full HEPA Vacuum as most traditional vacs will not remove / filter the particales and I certainly don't want to breath in what it pulls out.

I use the black and its liquid to apply my pre-treatment. No need to "soak" the carpet or seats with cleaners. Just dial down the pressure and turn on the flow and find a good amount and pace. YOu'll use less product and do a great job overall. I use the blower vs extractor in tight areas and along the edges, etc.

Lastly, when I'm done extracting, I use the black as the blower to force open the carpet fibers and help it dry. Also evens out the the way the fibers lay too.

Hope this helps.

Here's my 6 Gal. Heated Carpet Extractor and my Flex Dust Extractor next to one another:

Great little Swivel and guage for the Tornadors too. Allows for the unit to sit upright when the bottle is on it too.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Thanks Eldorado2k, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez TTQ B4U - nice setup! I feel unworthy even being on the same forum as you!

6. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just a weekend warrior and not a pro detailer....cars are pretty much maintained and clean.
    I've done a read/u tubed video.
    Just short of able to -inject solution/rotary of air_ vs air gun nozzle, I don't see any use case on how I would use it

I like to vac 1st to -suck- as much as possible.
    Then blow out. Then vac again.
    Extractor when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the tornador 83.887% of the time when blowing out things over a blow gun BECAUSE of the way the air comes off the tornador. Instead of straight out it swirls and gets better results.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

It is one of my 3 Game changers and love it. Use it on upholstey with Bilt hamner Surfex. On Headliners with very light Dilution 100-1 most! Or even just water. Love it on upholstery and caroet since I don't have a Extractor yet. So I use drill brush after I spray and vac first. Then Drill brush and wet dry again or just Velocity vac. I love it with pet hair and sand. It works very well on cleaner interiors everywhere. Do brush needed. Also use it in vents the turn of solution and blow through to dry.It also does stellar on weathertech or rubber mats and pedals If money is an issue it's not a must have. It's more of a luxury item. If you do grab one get the Max. It's well worth the extra $50 Keep in mind you will nee a $400 air compressor to run it and it has to have 4.5 5 CFM which means 14-16 AMP so if your mobile and feel uncomfortable using customers power you will need a 3-4KW generator to rum it. And A Rigid or Rolair 2 Horsepower The Rolair is the Brass Ring of Detailing generators for the Item No. SKU# Item No. SKU# JC20 Because it's only 14 Amps and super quality. No doubt the Rigid is nice but Toyota VS Mercedes in my opinion!
    Good luck what ever you decide on. It's actuall very surprising more detailers don't like or use the Tornador. I love mine!!!!

10. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The bigger the compressor the better. I had my garage outfitted for 240V to run a 60gal tank and boy am I glad I did. The blow gun is a hog but it works. Just be careful around flaky paint or dash controls as the blow gun when run hard has a real ‘bite’ to it. Can damage things if you just put the cone on something and let it rip.

Also if you use the tornador black, use it outside or wear a good mask. Otherwise you will be breathing atomized APC fog. You will regret it if you don’t. You’ll be sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Silly question on Tornador use - when you're spraying solution, how close do you keep the cone to where you're spraying?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric7810 View Post
    Also if you use the tornador black, use it outside or wear a good mask. Otherwise you will be breathing atomized APC fog. You will regret it if you don’t. You’ll be sick.
    I'm sure one is rinsing/wiping down post as a -pro detailer or just detailing regimen in general- (aka ,the overspray being mentioned
    I guess I would choose a steamer and no chems (have Dupray) if I had to choose.
    I dunno. Maybe it's got to be one of those things one has to use to see..
    I don't even use my Dupray Hill Injection at all for my interiors. I did buy it to -use- but it's just not my thing...
    The interiors of the car is all leather so the extractor is only used on carpet mats and the various fabric linings like trunk, interior panels, etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast