autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What’s a safe yearly Polish product to use on a daily driver. Considering the integrity of the clear coat

Hey there everyone, looking for a product recommendation to use on my daily driver. It’s a 2022 Ram 3500 in Diamond Black Crystal Pearl. In Reno we deal with lots of weather, snow, salt, dust etc. While I’m meticulous about my washes, foam cannon, two buckets, good wash mit etc… I can’t avoid very very light swirls. I’m looking for a product safe enough to use on the clear coat yearly that won’t wear it down. Maybe 2x per year on occasion. I’ve got the entire Rupes line of polishes, as well as Sonax perfect finish. While I love perfect finish just wondering if the cut ability is to much on the clear coat to use yearly etc. any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m more then willing to try other products that may be better in my situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What’s a safe yearly Polish product to use on a daily driver. Considering the integrity of the clear coat

If it's kept in good shape I would think using the Rupes Uno Pure would work. If you want a slight bit more work, use a yellow pad instead of the white pad.
    I am the same as yourself, I have the entire Rupes system, but also have a bottle of Perfect Finish and a bottle of Xtreme Solutions Finish'er. I know the market is full of alot of amazing products, but I have money sitting on the shelf with the products I have, I figure use what I have first....... I spend enough money on products as it is to feed my habit, lol.

3. Thanks Zeus2018 thanked for this post
    Likes Zeus2018 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What’s a safe yearly Polish product to use on a daily driver. Considering the integrity of the clear coat

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    If it's kept in good shape I would think using the Rupes Uno Pure would work. If you want a slight bit more work, use a yellow pad instead of the white pad.
    I am the same as yourself, I have the entire Rupes system, but also have a bottle of Perfect Finish and a bottle of Xtreme Solutions Finish'er. I know the market is full of alot of amazing products, but I have money sitting on the shelf with the products I have, I figure use what I have first....... I spend enough money on products as it is to feed my habit, lol.
    Yeah I was thinking UNO pure may be safer on the clear coat for long term use, but maybe perfect finish would be fine also. I love the correcting/finishing capabilities of the perfect finish of course. Honestly though haven’t experimented with UNO pure on yellow wool or yellow foam.

Post Thanks / Like

A once or twice a year correction will not significantly jeopardize your paint thickness. That said, what i mean is a light or medium cut polish with foam pads is different than hitting your paint with an aggressive compound, wool pad on a rotary. The former approach is probably all you need and in my opinion can be done 1 or 2 times a year for the life of the vehicle.

Now if you need the latter approch i.e. very aggressive corrections i'd be very careful in 4-5 years.

6. Thanks Zeus2018 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    A once or twice a year correction will not significantly jeopardize your paint thickness. That said, what i mean is a light or medium cut polish with foam pads is different than hitting your paint with an aggressive compound, wool pad on a rotary. The former approach is probably all you need and in my opinion can be done 1 or 2 times a year for the life of the vehicle.

Now if you need the latter approch i.e. very aggressive corrections i'd be very careful in 4-5 years.
    Thanks for the info, I kind of assumed, but the reassurance puts me at ease. I’ll never touch the paint with a rotary, just using my Rupes LHR15, mostly foam and on occasion medium wool if needed. Thanks for the help!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Same paint on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Its soft so Meguiars 205 with a white rupes pad works great for me!

9. Thanks Zeus2018 thanked for this post
    Likes Zeus2018, Prange, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3D ONE is my go-to.

11. Thanks Zeus2018 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 19cad61 View Post
    Same paint on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Its soft so Meguiars 205 with a white rupes pad works great for me!
    Seriously barely touch it and it swirls

Post Thanks / Like

How does Sonax Perfect Finish work on your Jeep paint?

Post Thanks / Like

IME, after 10 or 12 years of compounding and polishing, you can reach a point where you smooth out orange peel.

15. Thanks Zeus2018 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast