autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please compare MOHS and CQuartz UK 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Darkening effect…. What does that do, if anything on white?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing. Not much one can do to make white stand out. Just keep it clean, that’s about it.
    Bruno Soares

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a few weeks away from being able to do a first hand comparison. I've got a bottle of Mohs EVO sitting in my garage waiting for the weather to warm up a bit more. It will be going on our Pearl White Acura.

As for CQUK 3.0, I really like the coating. v 2.0 and now 3.0 are my go-to coatings when I recommend something or when I need to use something I'm familiar with, like doing someone else's car. I've seen 3+ years of durability on daily drivers with only one layer. Water beading/sheeting are really good, but I have noticed that Gyeon products like CanCoat and Pure EVO are a bit better in this department.

My only complaint with CQUK 3.0, and Pure EVO to a lesser extent, is the really long flash times. It actually slows me down. I'll have an entire side of a vehicle coated and I'm standing around waiting for the coating to flash. In sub-60F weather it takes a REALLY long time to flash. CQUK 2.0 and the old CQ Ti coatings flashed quicker and made for a better work flow.

The darkening question is interesting. On a black car or gray metallic car I could clearly see CQUK darkening the paint. I've used both CQUK and Pure EVO on bright blue cars (one a Charger Scat Pack and my BRZ) and didn't notice it much. On my BRZ Pure EVO did seem to add a more candy-coated or glass-dipped effect than CQUK. I applied CQUK to a friends Alpine White BMW 3-series and it looked pretty amazing...for white.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Thanks abqhudson thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found that MOHS EVO does extremely well to the reflectivity on white and light colors. It's hard to believe but on pure white it does add something. I can't explain it. Just finished up a Pure White 2023 Cherokee. Will be posting up later.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abqhudson View Post
    Any advice would be appreciated.

It seems like the latest CQuartz goes on much easier than I remember. Maybe not as thick/durable as before??

Can anyone compare Gyeon MOHS with C Quartz UK?

Thanks.
    The New MOHS EVO is super easy to apply. It flashes away nearly completely and buffs to a level clean slick surface with easy. It makes you work faster but it's worth it UK3.0 is fine, just a little more tacky when wiping as the carrier solvents don't flash completely away. Relatively easy to use though.

I use BOTH, CarPro and GYEON products but all last year I moved mainly to GYEON as the new EVO lineup is that good. I re-coated my daily and my daughters (both during last Dec) and while the SiC Product was fine on both, I do really enjoy the GYEON Line up. Again, super easy to apply. I just did a new Jeep Cherokee and completed the entire coating on the full vehicle in about 1.5 hours. That's quick for a big vehicle and I wasn't rushing through it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abqhudson View Post
    Any advice would be appreciated.

It seems like the latest CQuartz goes on much easier than I remember. Maybe not as thick/durable as before??

Can anyone compare Gyeon MOHS with C Quartz UK?

Thanks.
    CQUK 3.0 is much easier to apply than the previous version for sure. Mohs Evo is also easy to work with. Unlike UK it will sweat as it is flashing to give the indication it can be wipes off. It does this relatively quick. Similar to Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light.

These two coatings are different in terms of make up. CQUK 3.0 is an SiO2 coating and Mohs Evo is a Flouro Modified Polysilozane coating.

From a marketing stand point Gyeon aimed Mohs Evo to compete with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and Pure Evo (SiO2) to compete with CQUK 3,0 (SiO2).

Mohs Evo has not been out long but in my experience it is pretty good. Actually much better than the previous version. I will state that it seems to clog up a bit easier than CQUK 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    This is like asking which is better, a Porsche or Ferrari, as they are both great. There will be more information/videos about UK 3.0 since it has been out several years longer. And just because MOHS is newer, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better as UK 3.0 was the primary product/reason Gyeon redesigned they’re coatings.
    A much needed formula update to all Gyeon coatings as they were not that good in comparison to the competition other than CanCoat. The Evo formula is night and day to the original.

Nothing. It is not noticeable on light colors. My brothers silver paint did not turn any darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I'm a few weeks away from being able to do a first hand comparison. I've got a bottle of Mohs EVO sitting in my garage waiting for the weather to warm up a bit more. It will be going on our Pearl White Acura.

As for CQUK 3.0, I really like the coating. v 2.0 and now 3.0 are my go-to coatings when I recommend something or when I need to use something I'm familiar with, like doing someone else's car. I've seen 3+ years of durability on daily drivers with only one layer. Water beading/sheeting are really good, but I have noticed that Gyeon products like CanCoat and Pure EVO are a bit better in this department.

My only complaint with CQUK 3.0, and Pure EVO to a lesser extent, is the really long flash times. It actually slows me down. I'll have an entire side of a vehicle coated and I'm standing around waiting for the coating to flash. In sub-60F weather it takes a REALLY long time to flash. CQUK 2.0 and the old CQ Ti coatings flashed quicker and made for a better work flow.

The darkening question is interesting. On a black car or gray metallic car I could clearly see CQUK darkening the paint. I've used both CQUK and Pure EVO on bright blue cars (one a Charger Scat Pack and my BRZ) and didn't notice it much. On my BRZ Pure EVO did seem to add a more candy-coated or glass-dipped effect than CQUK. I applied CQUK to a friends Alpine White BMW 3-series and it looked pretty amazing...for white.
    Gyeon stated that Pure can be wiped off around the 2-3 minute time frame without any issues as it bonds immediately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Gyeon stated that Pure can be wiped off around the 2-3 minute time frame without any issues as it bonds immediately.
    That might be, but it can be pretty smeary at that point which makes removal difficult if you do it that fast. I had to let it go at least 5 minutes, maybe a touch longer. Admittedly, that's still quite a bit shorter than CQUK which can be upwards of 10 minutes or longer in cooler, humid conditions.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

With UK3.0, does it have to flash to be ready to remove? Meaning, if it’s not flashing, wait until it does?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    With UK3.0, does it have to flash to be ready to remove? Meaning, if it’s not flashing, wait until it does?
    Yes…. You wait for it to rainbow. I waited till 30seconds after it rainbow’d to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes…. You wait for it to rainbow. I waited till 30seconds after it rainbow’d to remove.

I’ve run into the issue where the rainbow effect isn’t so evident with D.Lux. Sometimes I’ll get it, and then on another part of the wheel I won’t. Perhaps too much product? Conditions weren’t optimal, 80 and plenty humid.

Post Thanks / Like

Please compare MOHS and CQuartz UK 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I’ve run into the issue where the rainbow effect isn’t so evident with D.Lux. Sometimes I’ll get it, and then on another part of the wheel I won’t. Perhaps too much product? Conditions weren’t optimal, 80 and plenty humid.
    With Dlux, I’ve never read about it rainbowing. You want to remove quickly within 1 to 2 min at that temperature per CarPro.

15. Thanks Game thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast