autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Carpro CQUK 3.0 vs Gyeon Pure Evo

I want to try a new ceramic coating after I used up my bottle of Carpro Cquartz SIC. CQUk 3.0 has been long in my wishlist but last time it was out of stock and I got the SIC.

The SiC was quite good in terms of slickness and beading, but application for me was not that great since it required a longer wipe-off time. I also had a few experiences where I was unable to wipe off the residue even when I only let it sit for 2-3 minutes (maybe my garage’s environment is quite hot n humid).

For my next bottle which should I get? CQUK or Pure Evo? I’m interested in the ease of wipe on wipe off application of the Cquk, but the Pure Evo is on sale currently in my area. Also another consideration is Gyeon One is on sale in a very good price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro CQUK 3.0 vs Gyeon Pure Evo

Both are quartz based coatings and are very similar. Gyeon aimed Pure Evo as a competitor to CQUK 3.0. Gyeon One Evo is the little brother to Pure Evo with not as many solids(durability) as Pure Evo but is also a quartz based coating. Any of these are good options.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for Cquartz UK 3.0, but I just applied Pure EVO and was very user friendly to use.

Flash time is flexible, meaning you don't need to micromanage its application.

The user experience and the "fantastic depth and pure candy gloss" sealed the deal for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it's on your radar.....but Gyeon MOHS EVO is very user friendly

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both and currently have CQUK 3.0 on a couple of our vehicles and Pure EVO on my daily driver.

Bottom Line: Both are great coatings and you can't go wrong with either.

Here are a few comparison notes (Caveat: I've applied CQUK 4~5 times and Pure EVO once)

- I think CQUK is slightly easier to apply. The flashing is more noticeable and when properly flashed easier to buff out. Pure EVO because it's thicker is a bit harder to buff out and more sensitive to being properly flashed.
    - On average Pure EVO is faster to apply due to shorter flash time. In cooler, humid conditions CQUK takes a long time to flash.
    - If washed on a fairly constant basis, CQUK has lasted me 3+ years on a single layer. Pure EVO has been on my car almost a year and going strong. It's too new to know true durability.
    - I think Pure EVO has the edge in looks. CQUK might look a bit more reflective, but Pure EVO has more depth for a "candied" or "dipped in glass" look.
    - Pure EVO seems to be slightly more hydrophobic than CQUK, but it's really splitting hairs. Water tends to bead a bit tighter with Pure EVO and sheets a touch faster.

Again, you can't go wrong. If someone asks me to coat a car for them, or asks for a recommendation for a high-solids coating, my immediate answer would be CQUK. For me it's a known quantity and a consistently solid performer; the safe bet. I know I'll get a good result with it. I'm going to keep using Pure EVO as it looks spectacular on my WR Blue BRZ and I'm sure after a couple more applications, my confidence with it will equal CQUK.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Mohs Evo is the one worth trying out if you're looking for a new coating. Its fluoro-modified polysilazane chemistry is connected to real improved results, and they have the research to back the science up: Just a moment...

I saw better hydrophobics, better durability, and much better chemical resistance compared to the previous Mohs. I would also skip Syncro, Skin's chemistry in that combo duo is not as compatible to what Mohs Evo offers by itself, you're going to cover up the chemical resistance properties.

CQUK 3.0 and Pure are darker coatings, leading to a richer and deeper finish on those darker style paints but I think Mohs Evo is likely the better protectant outside of aesthetics. And as Scott HD's hood tests show, Mohs Evo clearly outpaces Gyeon Pure Evo in hydrophobic durability.

CQUK 3.0 is a solid work horse across the board, but I am much more likely to gravitate towards Mohs Evo to try that new chemistry out.

8. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, dgage, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    CQUK 3.0 and Pure are darker coatings, leading to a richer and deeper finish on those darker style paints but I think Mohs Evo is likely the better protectant outside of aesthetics. And as Scott HD's hood tests show, Mohs Evo clearly outpaces Gyeon Pure Evo in hydrophobic durability.
    Interesting. So if faced with a daily driver with white pearl paint, would you prefer Mohs EVO over CQUK or Pure? Asking for a friend...

How's the application of Mohs? I remember the previous version being a bit challenging and it required a special technique to get right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    How's the application of Mohs? I remember the previous version being a bit challenging and it required a special technique to get right.
    Application was a breeze. MOHS gives a very clear indication when it's ready to remove. It was my first coating, and that's the reason I chose it. Only caveat would be that Gyeon recommends it go on 'thick'....and a 50ml bottle just got me through coating a Tundra CrewMax

11. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Application was a breeze. MOHS gives a very clear indication when it's ready to remove. It was my first coating, and that's the reason I chose it. Only caveat would be that Gyeon recommends it go on 'thick'....and a 50ml bottle just got me through coating a Tundra CrewMax
    Thanks. Good to know about the thinkness, but it makes sense. Seems to be a thing with Gyeon coatings. I noticed Pure used about 15mL of my 30mL bottle on a BRZ. That actually surprised me when the job was done. I figured a car that tiny would use a lot less. With CQUK I could do a BMW 4-series with about 15~20mL, a Dodge Charger with about 20mL and even a Toyota Highlander with about 25-ish.

If I try it, I'll be sure to buy the big bottle for my next project.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Interesting. So if faced with a daily driver with white pearl paint, would you prefer Mohs EVO over CQUK or Pure? Asking for a friend...

On pearl white I'd definitely go with Mohs Evo, try running two coats if you can stretch it. I waited a max 30 seconds after applying it before wiping it down and didn't have trouble. You're right about the previous formula, there were some paints that really didn't like the application as much compared to other paints where it was pretty much effortless. I wait much less before wiping off compared to CQUK and Pure, but even with the new formula Mohs Evo it's a much different feel to the spread, flashing, and wipeoff in comparison to SiO2 coatings.

If you end up running it let me know how it does. I just feel like the fluorine-modified polysilazane is a much more solid chemical foundation for performance improvement compared to anything that has to do with trying to add reduced graphene oxide into a silica-based coating.

14. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Desertnate, DFB liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast