autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ipa vs glass cleaner?

upon reading some more threads, there is a 1oz of sles or apc added for the bite and added cleaning power as well as lube I guess. as far as looking up msds sheets from p&s panel prep and there glass cleaner there identical ingredients....

Post Thanks / Like

Some people use Sprayway glass cleaner since it has some type of alcohol in it. Mothers CMX panel wipe can be found at OReilly's.

Post Thanks / Like

ipa vs glass cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Some people use Sprayway glass cleaner since it has some type of alcohol in it. Mothers CMX panel wipe can be found at OReilly's.
    Meguiars D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate is also alcohol based, along with Megs Perfect Clarity. Alot of glass cleaners are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    upon reading some more threads, there is a 1oz of sles or apc added for the bite and added cleaning power as well as lube I guess. as far as looking up msds sheets from p&s panel prep and there glass cleaner there identical ingredients....
    True vue:

Panel prep:

Yes same hazardous ingredients. That’s 10-15%. Other ingredients which may include lubricants and surfactants aren’t listed… 85% more.

Small print:

Amounts specified are typical and do not represent a specification. Remaining components are proprietary, non-hazardous, and/or present at amounts below reportable limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    True vue:

Panel prep:

Yes same hazardous ingredients. That’s 10-15%. Other ingredients which may include lubricants and surfactants aren’t listed… 85% more.

Small print:

Amounts specified are typical and do not represent a specification. Remaining components are proprietary, non-hazardous, and/or present at amounts below reportable limits.

trying to cut down my costs and keep my product line simple. if tru vue which I already own can accomplish this task since they seem to be dead on with ingredients. im using carpro and menzerna polishing products as well. id be applying can coat this spring to my black audi. Canadian prices have gone threw the roof and we don't get any good sales like USA does. pretty painful lol

Post Thanks / Like

Prices have gone up on most detailing products. Best to reach out to P&S and ask them. They will respond. An SDS sheet does not always include all the ingredients.

Have you looked on carzilla to see what they offer for RTU panel wipes? If you are only doing your one car one bottle is enough.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking for myself. If I’m spending 15-20 hours on a customers vehicle and charging what I charge, I’m using a dedicated panel prep. Especially if I’ve spent a day plus polishing soft black paint, last thing I want is marring from being cheap and using a glass cleaner, then having to polish again. If you’re working on your own personal vehicle, use whatever you’d like. If someone is paying you to for a coating job, use the dedicated prep and build the coat into your pricing. You also don’t want to have a customer calling you in 6 months saying the coating isn’t performing well anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

ipa vs glass cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by nick27 View Post
    trying to cut down my costs and keep my product line simple. if tru vue which I already own can accomplish this task since they seem to be dead on with ingredients. im using carpro and menzerna polishing products as well. id be applying can coat this spring to my black audi. Canadian prices have gone threw the roof and we don't get any good sales like USA does. pretty painful lol
    Yeah I put in all that work to polish and ceramic coat my car. I’m not looking to save money after my bulk of work…. I’d find somewhere before polishing to save money.

Again 15% of the ingredients are same. Other 85% aren’t disclosed. Betting there surfactants that help remove polish and and polymers that help lubricity.

Plenty of threads on here wondering what they did wrong and why there coating sucks and most answers are prep.

Not worth ruining 8-10+ hours of work to save $20. Hope you don’t come back to post one of those what happened threads.

If you do go through with it though hope it goes well and report back with results.

10. Likes Texchappy, DFB, Paul A. liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12