autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rand0m View Post
    Great thread. About to finish my gallon of N914 so I'm looking at trying something new. Looks like either DIY or Absolute. I always liked how ONR wiped (slick) but N914 cleans a bit better. I use the Gary Dean method with microfibers and pretreat with an electric pump sprayer. I like the simplicity/ease of something like a BRS/UBS but rather not want to worry about squeezing/rinsing out the sponge every time I go back to the panel. I wonder if anyone out there going a step further and is using the Gary Dean method with multiple sponges
    It's very quick and easy to release the dirt from the big gold sponge. You don't need to use multiple sponges IMO. It will take away from the simplicity. 2 sponges maybe...i like the red sponge from owner's pride for instance. It's waffle on one side and flat on the other. Much like the kamikazee sponge. I might pick up the kami one. Unless OP comes to Canada the next year or something - i mentioned them to carzilla(email) a few weeks he said he was going to pass it on to his marketing team or something.. In that case I would get the red sponge and ecowash. I like the red sponge better than black. Black sponge's don't interest me personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    It's very quick and easy to release the dirt from the big gold sponge. You don't need to use multiple sponges IMO. It will take away from the simplicity. 2 sponges maybe...i like the red sponge from owner's pride for instance. It's waffle on one side and flat on the other. Much like the kamikazee sponge. I might pick up the kami one. Unless OP comes to Canada the next year or something - i mentioned them to carzilla(email) a few weeks he said he was going to pass it on to his marketing team or something.. In that case I would get the red sponge and ecowash.
    Just an OCD kind of thing. Minimize contamination and more efficient. I use 1 bucket and multiple mitts for contact washes as well. ~6 folded MF towels is enough for rinseless washes on my cars but it'd probably take double the sponges. I wouldn't do it but I wonder if anyone does. I remember seeing an Obsessed garage video of Matt using a couple of those black Kamikaze sponges for his black s2000.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an OCD kind of thing. Minimize contamination and more efficient. I use 1 bucket and multiple mitts for contact washes as well. ~6 folded MF towels is enough for rinseless washes on my cars but it'd probably take 2-3x sponges. I wouldn't do it but I wonder if anyone does. I remember seeing an Obsessed garage video of Matt using a couple of those black Kamikaze sponges for his black s2000.
    Its fine if you want to of course. Maybe I would if I had a supercar

I'll probably end up with 2 myself. just to try another sponge.

Post Thanks / Like

Its fine if you want to of course. Maybe I would if I had a supercar

I'll probably end up with 2 myself. just to try another sponge.
    Seeing someone handling a dozen sponges would be a sight to see as well

5. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Feynlab at a higher dilution ratio could still clean well but be gentler on toppers. Something like upping the dilution to 1:350-500 up from it's usual 1:250.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    I wonder if Feynlab at a higher dilution ratio could still clean well but be gentler on toppers. Something like upping the dilution to 1:350-500 up from it's usual 1:250.
    Maybe but a topper is so sacrificial that it doesn't matter much. I'd stay away from Feynlab if your worried about that because they have a one track mind...clean and leave nothing behind, take no prisoners Rinseless Washes - 2022Rinseless Washes - 2022

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I want to try them both but will probably start with the 32oz Absolute. I've used Ultima and Wolfgang in the past as well. They all work well enough for my use but N914 has been my favorite to date. I do rinseless washes often for maintenance of coated cars but if the car is dirtier I'll do a contact wash (usually every handful of washes).
    Why not try both?

I think if you prefer the feel of ONR, you will enjoy using Absolute even more. If you want to go nuts, Absolute with Bead Maker as a drying aid takes it to the next level, by far my most favorite rinse-less combinations.

That doesn't mean DIY is not worth looking at, I would argue it would offer an edge in cleaning ability, just like when comparing ONR to N-914.

Once more that I would put on your list is the Opti-Coat version of ONR, which is probably closer to ECH20 in concept. I really loved using this version of ONR, the mango scent is addictive.

9. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Why not try both?

I think if you prefer the feel of ONR, you will enjoy using Absolute even more. If you want to go nuts, Absolute with Bead Maker as a drying aid takes it to the next level, by far my most favorite rinse-less combinations.

That doesn't mean DIY is not worth looking at, I would argue it would offer an edge in cleaning ability, just like when comparing ONR to N-914.

Once more that I would put on your list is the Opti-Coat version of ONR, which is probably closer to ECH20 in concept. I really loved using this version of ONR, the mango scent is addictive.

Wish the would sell it in larger sizes to make it more economical.

11. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless Washes - 2022

It's very quick and easy to release the dirt from the big gold sponge.
    Using what product?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Using what product?
    I've used Absolute and DIY.

Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast