autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes - 2022

In my experience, all the rinseless I've tried work well enough.

ONR - I liked it well enough, kept buying 32oz bottles. Eventually sold /gave away the last of it after trying McKees n914. Bought another bottle of ONR for a special project and will from now on, always have it on hand.

ONR- Wax version - Dont use much, but it does add a bit of gloss over the regular ONR. I use this on my cheapo "race" car before i taker her out for some car meets.

N914 - Took over as my most used rinseless. GREAT for clay lube. So slick in this dept. More so than ONR and the main reason i switched. This was before trying out the new stuff coming out. So I'll see in due time.

Blackfire - Smells good. Feels good. Cleans like the rest of them. I tend to use this over Blackfire Waterless (don't ask me if they're the same product. It may be, but I think there's enough of a difference there, but haven't done any scientific lab testing). Side note: BF waterless seems to make my metal "flake" paint pop more

DIY Detail - It foams! That's crazy to me, but I had to try it. Too messy that I won't be using it much this way. Only sampled it a bit, so not much to work with.

Absolute: Better than expected. Made the more stubborn stuff i sometimes deal with, quite easy to remove. Gloss was better than I've seen with the others.

Oberk: I have it, and will try it once the rain stops for more than a week.

Afterthought: N914 did really well in the heat, direct sunlight. More so than DIY Detail, which tended to dry up a bit faster. No biggie, it wipes off easily.

2. Thanks Icarus thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, SNP209, The Guz, DFB, noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    it's a good nozzle. VERY SOLID. You an feel the weight of that thing. It's a bit big for me, but I'm short at 5'6. I'm sure Mike G has no issue as he is quite a bit taller than me.
    I'm a big guy.

4. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR - I liked it well enough, kept buying 32oz bottles. Eventually sold /gave away the last of it after trying McKees n914. Bought another bottle of ONR for a special project and will from now on, always have it on hand.

ONR- Wax version - Dont use much, but it does add a bit of gloss over the regular ONR. I use this on my cheapo "race" car before i taker her out for some car meets.

N914 - Took over as my most used rinseless. GREAT for clay lube. So slick in this dept. More so than ONR and the main reason i switched. This was before trying out the new stuff coming out. So I'll see in due time.

Blackfire - Smells good. Feels good. Cleans like the rest of them. I tend to use this over Blackfire Waterless (don't ask me if they're the same product. It may be, but I think there's enough of a difference there, but haven't done any scientific lab testing). Side note: BF waterless seems to make my metal "flake" paint pop more

DIY Detail - It foams! That's crazy to me, but I had to try it. Too messy that I won't be using it much this way. Only sampled it a bit, so not much to work with.

Absolute: Better than expected. Made the more stubborn stuff i sometimes deal with, quite easy to remove. Gloss was better than I've seen with the others.

Afterthought: N914 did really well in the heat, direct sunlight. More so than DIY Detail, which tended to dry up a bit faster. No biggie, it wipes off easily.
    N914 is probably my favorite product of all time, i use it for a clay all the time. I just like trying different stuff. I have absolute and DIY detail waiting for me when i get back in Canada. I enjoy ech20 too but kinda used most of that up as a drying aid - i still have about 150ml left from a 500ml bottle - i love the smell. N914 smells very nice too. The smell is important to me personally. It will probably come down to smell for me if i buy a gallon. Rinseless washes are my favorite products. They can do so many things and i don't have to use a ton of water. I would always rinse a car before rinseless unless i'm going to polish afterwards - which I've done.

I've been using N914 and ech20 a nice bit since i got to the Philippines - 2 mths ago - on my new car and even around the apartment. Hoses and running water are not always easily available in the area i'm in. Rinseless just gives me so much freedom and independence frankly. And it works.

I will probably try oberk too....unless i stop chasing the dragon. The 32oz of oberk has a premium compared to the others not sure why...never looked at the gallon price yet. DIY is charging basically double for the 16oz bottle - if i bought 2 16oz bottles it would be over double a 32oz bottle of ONR or Absolute. The 32oz bottle of absolute was cheaper than the 16oz bottle of DIY. Interesting the significant price differences.

What's ironic about DIY its targeted towards the DIY market and they have no plans to offer a 32 oz bottle....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like Eley who? And I checked them out. Glad I did! Finally fond my reel I've been looking for in this price range. The redeeming quality is the brake.
    Wall Mount Garden Hose Reel | ELEY Hose Reels
    Thanks Guz and Noorth

7. Thanks Willbeen thanked for this post
    Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting i just watched a video from Jamie the Cleaner about the new DIY Gold Standard Polish and the guys from DIY detail stated in the comment sections that their polish was designed to remove up to 1500grit and you can coat over it right away without a panel wipe. That to me would be one of the best polishes on the market.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I'm like Eley who? And I checked them out. Glad I did! Finally fond my reel I've been looking for in this price range. The redeeming quality is the brake.
    Thanks Guz and Noorth
    I got three of their products. Top notch quality. Their quick connect, while bulky, is quite smooth and a different engagement mechanism than the usual ball bearings. (sort of a spring clip)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    N914 is probably my favorite product of all time, i use it for a clay all the time. I just like trying different stuff. I have absolute and DIY detail waiting for me when i get back in Canada. I enjoy ech20 too but kinda used most of that up as a drying aid - i still have about 150ml left from a 500ml bottle - i love the smell. N914 smells very nice too. The smell is important to me personally.

I will probably try oberk too....unless i stop chasing the dragon. The 32oz of oberk has a premium compared to the others not sure why...never looked at the gallon price yet. DIY is charging basically double for the 16oz bottle - if i bought 2 16oz bottles it would be over double a 32oz bottle of ONR or Absolute. The 32oz bottle of absolute was cheaper than the 16oz bottle of DIY. Interesting the significant price differences.
    Chasing the dragon? hehe. I refer to it as falling down the rabbit hole. I recently got ech20 in a maintenance kit. Maybe I'll try it as a rinseless. Not sure if I was going to gift the small bottles to a client and keep the bag. LOL

Like you, i like trying different things. And try (keyword, "try") to settle on something that works for ME in my environment. I also like scents on products. Makes for a more pleasant experience.

I dont' remember what I paid for the Oberk, but the selling point was they included a free 8oz bottle of their APS.

Yeah, sounds like a big price difference when you put it that way. Myself, i picked up DIY Detail during their Black Friday sale, and as a kit. As a kit, it was a pretty good deal, and throw the Black Friday sale on top of that, it was so cheap I picked up two kits!

11. Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

DIY has run some sweet specials that's for sure. But i'm in Canada so i don't get any of the deals. The oberk deal sounds great too. Interesting shampoo, but i have lots already.

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried the Oberk Rinseless.

It's pretty solid. Reminded me a lot of Wolfgang Uber.
    Nothing too special, but no issues.
    Just works. Can't say I understand the price premium, but am interested to hear others thoughts

14. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is your car coated Rinseless Washes - 2022

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast