autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Where does PNS stand today?

Been a while since I been on here. Sounds like things have really changed as far as the forum and Autogeek goes.

I have no time at all but want my silver truck to look good and be protected. I have time to wash and spray something quick but that's about it. I'm in Chicago but it doesn't get driven in winter. When it was new, I put 22ple coating on it and have washed with hyper wash and topped with hybrid ceramic detailer every once in a while. Seems like coating is done (or maybe too clouded with detailer?) I actually have a new bottle still of 22ple and their vs1 spray...smart money says I should just wash and decon and recoat. I don't have time to polish old off.

That brings me to my question of PNS. I was always intrigued by it. Sounds like it give the protection I'm looking for as well as ease of cleaning bugs and debris off when washing. Also liked that it was a spray for ease of use. How does it compare to all the new sprays?

Should I be looking and PNS for my needs or is there a different sprays that I can use a couple of times a year or should I just use my 22ple that I have?

Should I buy some carpro reset and see if that brings the coating back?

I'm stocked up on hyper wash and hybrid ceramic detailer if that makes a difference in suggestions

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where does PNS stand today?

What's PNS againWhere does PNS stand today?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon Klasse, you can look at a car from 1982 and tell me the engine options, the HP for each, the EPA mpg, and how many quarts of oil it took (with or without the filter), but I've got you on Sonax Polymer Net Shield?

Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield

To the OP: I haven't seen anybody talk about PNS for a good while, which is probably why Klasse didn't recognize it, there's probably a lot better options now that someone will chime in with, but I'm a little behind the times since I have so much flavor-of-the-month product from before PNS even came out. I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions soon.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    C'mon Klasse, you can look at a car from 1982 and tell me the engine options, the HP for each, the EPA mpg, and how many quarts of oil it took (with or without the filter), but I've got you on Sonax Polymer Net Shield?

Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield

To the OP: I haven't seen anybody talk about PNS for a good while, which is probably why Klasse didn't recognize it, there's probably a lot better options now that someone will chime in with, but I'm a little behind the times since I have so much flavor-of-the-month product from before PNS even came out. I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions soon.
    Thanks SetecWhere does PNS stand today?

Thanks for the link, I remember that product now, never used it but I think Blackfire or another house brand had something like that back when I joined in Feb of 2012.

Now for a random car stat from 1982...the Corvette had Cross-Fire injection on its 350 and it made 205 hp, no manual and the last year for the C3. IIRC this was the first Corvette to break the $20K markWhere does PNS stand today?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that Cross-Fire engine only had 165 HP? Or am I thinking of the 305 version they put in the F-Bodies?

PS Did you buy that special book that C/D printed on the '84 Vette? It was the size of a regular issue, but it was devoted to an in-depth analysis of the '84. I have it buried somewhere. I realize that might have been a little bit before you were buying car mags.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that Cross-Fire engine only had 165 HP? Or am I thinking of the 305 version they put in the F-Bodies?
    That is correct AND the Camaro only had the 305 as well that yearWhere does PNS stand today?

Post Thanks / Like

Those were sad days for F-Body engines...especially after the peak of the '78 6.6 T/A. Did you see my Corvette mag edit/question in my previous post?

Post Thanks / Like

Those were sad days for F-Body engines...especially after the peak of the '78 6.6 T/A. Did you see my Corvette mag edit/question in my previous post?
    I missed it because I jumped to my thought. Although I was 14 when the C4 came out my late Dad had a subscription to Motortrend and we didn't get that special issue.

In the movie "Scarface" there's a scene where the then new 1984 Corvette is being advertisedWhere does PNS stand today?