autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 246465666768697071727374
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Alright, everyone seems to have missed (ignored?) my bombshell about TurtleWax Rinse Free Wash & Wax from a few posts back; from the Optimum rep on the Optimum forum in November:

" Ironically, TurtleWax bought their rinseless from Optimum (along with several other products including Wax and Opti-Seal). They wanted us to dilute ONR and Dr G refused so to make more money they changed the sizes and dilution ratio. But right again, they did not train people how to use or why it worked, so failed miserably (after also failing to reverse engineer Opti-Seal).

Turtle Wax figured changing the bottle and dilution ratio would throw customers off...and they were mostly right. Their rinseless was more expensive but most never computed it. I found it funny when people said TW was better (or ONR was better) because they were the same. They didn't educate the masses on the rinseless technology and got pushback from ignorance. The product flopped and became a bargain basement deal (and yes, Big Lots still exist). Their chemist tried to reverse engineer Opti-Seal but never got it right - Dr G said that is much more difficult that TV makes it seem.

I was consulting with Optimum then but Dr G asked me to sit in TW meetings to expand his "staff". "
    Wow, I sure don't remember this drama, but at least in my world TW was simply ignored until the HS line came along

Post Thanks / Like

Garry was very active here before he started his own line. I think his first product was a cord clip.

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Wow, I sure don't remember this drama, but at least in my world TW was simply ignored until the HS line came along
    No drama, it was mentioned in passing at the Optimum forum back in November, it was all "secret" until then.

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the hydrophobics from the Gyeon ECO wash from yesterday. She's got a 45 minute drive home and as you can see she drove in the rain. I think this is VERY impressive for "just a RW"Rinseless Washes - 2022

There really wasn't alot of beading on the hood as the water must've just rolled away, same for the roofRinseless Washes - 2022

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Here's the hydrophobics from the Gyeon ECO wash from yesterday. She's got a 45 minute drive home and as you can see she drove in the rain. I think this is VERY impressive for "just a RW"Rinseless Washes - 2022

There really wasn't alot of beading on the hood as the water must've just rolled away, same for the roofRinseless Washes - 2022

Interesting and impressive.

I just looked at ADS Hero (sold-out already) and while it uses Silica, leaves nothing behind:

HERO incorporates a Silica (SiO2) backbone, increasing solution slickness. However, HERO leaves behind no added protection or durable surface altering polymers, preserving the integrity of your vehicle's existing sealants, waxes, or coatings.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So as far as user experience and results so far, is there any other RW that you would say it feels or behaves like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    So as far as user experience and results so far, is there any other RW that you would say it feels or behaves like?
    I mean Ech2o is an obvious comparison but I'd need to do a side by side, it's a close call, especially since I've only used ECO wash once. I need to use ECO wash as a WW to see how it does there because IMO Ech2o requires buffing to knock down when used that way...stay "tuned"Rinseless Washes - 2022

12. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh WOW, I'm glad I had that impact but I've been onboard with RW's since I basically joined AGRinseless Washes - 2022

As you know it's all about technique and I'm as careful as possible by not only pre-treating EVERYTIME but also using 2BM method w/grit guards when using a designated sponge, overkill to some, sure, but that's just how I amRinseless Washes - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I (almost) always use a rinse bucket with rinseless. After using a rinse bucket for conventional wash for so many years, I just couldn't put my wash media back into a dirty bucket when doing rinseless.
    Yeah if I use a sponge I got a DirtLock in the rinse bucket with ONR. I don’t like ONR for the rinseless because of slickness but I do believe it encapsulates and keeps dirt down the best so use it in the rinse.

Ring sponge out really well and then dunk in rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Eco Wash looks to fall into the Idrosave category for me: something I'll use during the winter months to top up my protection but not during the spring/summer/fall months when my protection is fresh(er).

That does mean my bottle of Idrosave isn't going to see any use until this coming November or December. Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    Gyeon Eco Wash looks to fall into the Idrosave category for me: something I'll use during the winter months to top up my protection but not during the spring/summer/fall months when my protection is fresh(er).

That does mean my bottle of Idrosave isn't going to see any use until this coming November or December. Oh well.
    Maybe once a month when it's niceRinseless Washes - 2022Rinseless Washes - 2022

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 246465666768697071727374