autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes - 2022

So I used Idrosave today. The product seems good but once you start using it, you notice that it stains the media very bad. The sponge I used was turning dark very quickly and towards the end of the wash, it was almost black. It also left dried droplets behind which were somewhat hard to remove. I then washed one more car and same thing, the media kept getting more black that towards the end of the wash, it was almost totally black. And the weird thing is that the sponge could not be cleaned out using soap! I`ve never had that happen. It also felt greasy.

So right now I am not sure if I want to use it again or not. The media staining is really bad with this product, at least from my experience. It leaves behind little droplets and residue that are hard to remove. My gloves were dirty using this product, something that does not happen normally (maybe from the dirty sponge).

But the other aspects of it are fine - cleaning and drying.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nav45 View Post
    So I used Idrosave today. The product seems good but once you start using it, you notice that it stains the media very bad. The sponge I used was turning dark very quickly and towards the end of the wash, it was almost black. It also left dried droplets behind which were somewhat hard to remove. I then washed one more car and same thing, the media kept getting more black that towards the end of the wash, it was almost totally black. And the weird thing is that the sponge could not be cleaned out using soap! I`ve never had that happen. It also felt greasy.

So right now I am not sure if I want to use it again or not. The media staining is really bad with this product, at least from my experience. It leaves behind little droplets and residue that are hard to remove. My gloves were dirty using this product, something that does not happen normally (maybe from the dirty sponge).

But the other aspects of it are fine - cleaning and drying.
    I noticed the same after using it today. However, I have a few things that hold me back from blaming Idrosave.

My DIY Detail sponge is basically new - I don't have much sponge experience overall so I sort of expect a natural darkening as I use it.

I tossed in some Platinum Pluffle towels to mix-in as needed. Those I would argue did not get very dirty. To be sure, I used the towel on the lower front bumper areas and it was as dirty (maybe even less so) as I have seen with other RWs.

I definitely misjudged the ratio. I need to scale that back but I'm still convinced in my head that more concentrated equals safer. I also wasn't worried about streaking as I was using Perfecta as a drying aid.

I'll be curious to hear opinions from other users as I don't trust my own when it comes to RWs.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    I'll be curious to hear opinions from other users as I don't trust my own when it comes to RWs.
    The media staining from this product (Idrosave) is as bad as ONR, I even had trouble cleaning my rinse bucket. Otherwise it was a decent wash, good lubricity, good cleaning, easy drying. I'm going out in the rain shortly, so we'll see what it did for water behavior.

I also wasn't worried about streaking as I was using Perfecta as a drying aid.
    Maybe I'm not the right person to comment about this because I don't use drying aids even with conventional wash (mostly because I don't want my drying towels to become hydrophobic), but I don't see the point in using a drying aid with a rinseless, particularly one that's supposed to leave something behind. I thought the concept of a drying aid with conventional wash was to provide lubricity after you've rinsed off your soap (which is providing lubricity), but the rinseless wash that you are drying provides it's own lubricity.

5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the same after using it today. However, I have a few things that hold me back from blaming Idrosave.

My DIY Detail sponge is basically new - I don't have much sponge experience overall so I sort of expect a natural darkening as I use it.

I tossed in some Platinum Pluffle towels to mix-in as needed. Those I would argue did not get very dirty. To be sure, I used the towel on the lower front bumper areas and it was as dirty (maybe even less so) as I have seen with other RWs.

I definitely misjudged the ratio. I need to scale that back but I'm still convinced in my head that more concentrated equals safer. I also wasn't worried about streaking as I was using Perfecta as a drying aid.

The sponge I used was red and and it was very dirty after washing the first car and almost black after washing the second one. And the cars were not that dirty. So based on my usage of rinseless washes before, this was the worst one when it comes to staining wash media. ONR does not even compare here and the ONR staining is minor and just leaves the sponge a little darker. It also cleans out really well. Not Idrosave though. It's just a different type of rinseless wash, maybe I am not used to it. It also made the sponge feel a little hydrophobic so you can tell there is some protection type stuff in there.

So I ended up tossing the sponge out because even dish soap had almost no effect in cleaning out the almost-black sponge. If it cleaned out like ONR does, I might consider using it again but I really don't want to ruin another sponge. Sorry if it sounds like I am being harsh, I am not. I really wanted to like this product as it seemed unique with its characteristics but now I am not sure about using it again.

Maybe the multiple towel method might work better with this product? I may try it that way, not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    The media staining from this product (Idrosave) is as bad as ONR, I even had trouble cleaning my rinse bucket. Otherwise it was a decent wash, good lubricity, good cleaning, easy drying. I'm going out in the rain shortly, so we'll see what it did for water behavior.

Maybe I'm not the right person to comment about this because I don't use drying aids even with conventional wash (mostly because I don't want my drying towels to become hydrophobic), but I don't see the point in using a drying aid with a rinseless, particularly one that's supposed to leave something behind. I thought the concept of a drying aid with conventional wash was to provide lubricity after you've rinsed off your soap (which is providing lubricity), but the rinseless wash that you are drying provides it's own lubricity.
    Exactly, except I think the media staining is worse than ONR because you can use some soap to clean out the sponges after ONR. You are right though about this rinseless leaving something behind - I felt it did and my sponge had a somewhat hydrophobic effect to it while using it. I also did not use a drying aid with this one because of its protective nature.

It does leave the cars looking nice and the cleaning and drying aspects are good.

Post Thanks / Like

There are always pros and cons to any one of these products. For example, the surfactant based ones dry out rather quickly outdoors and especially when its sunny. Polymer types stain a bit more, some more than others. So I guess we should pick a product that works for the situation we are dealing with. All are fine, they just work a bit differently.

Post Thanks / Like

Only for peace of mind. I consider it one more chance to possibly avoid scratches. Might not be proven but I sleep better at night Rinseless Washes - 2022

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nav45 View Post
    Exactly, except I think the media staining is worse than ONR because you can use some soap to clean out the sponges after ONR.
    Full disclosure: I am still on V.3 of ONR, V.4 was supposed to be better with the staining, and I don't even know if anyone has said anything about the V.5 staining, because Optimum doesn't see the issue with staining, as much as I have tried to tell them (on their forum). On top of that, I generally don't wash with ONR anymore, I have been trying to use up a big bottle (for me) of original ONRWW, which stains just like ONR V.3. (I generally use ONR more around the house now, for cleaning floors, dusting, mild APC-ish kind of stuff.) My point is if you are using newer versions of ONR than me, then you may find the Idrosave staining worse than ONR, while I find it more or less the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Full disclosure: I am still on V.3 of ONR, V.4 was supposed to be better with the staining, and I don't even know if anyone has said anything about the V.5 staining, because Optimum doesn't see the issue with staining, as much as I have tried to tell them (on their forum). On top of that, I generally don't wash with ONR anymore, I have been trying to use up a big bottle (for me) of original ONRWW, which stains just like ONR V.3. (I generally use ONR more around the house now, for cleaning floors, dusting, mild APC-ish kind of stuff.) My point is if you are using newer versions of ONR than me, then you may find the Idrosave staining worse than ONR, while I find it more or less the same.
    I haven’t noticed significant staining with any of the ONRs and the sponges clean out well with soap. Also I am not sure if I can tell a big difference between the various ONR versions. I do use other rinseless products but will use ONR sometimes as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I am not crazy here when I said there is significant spotting left behind using Idrosave. I’m seeing other people say similar things - that when you prespray, you see spots left behind and they don’t come off easily at all.That’s a big reason I’m probably not going to use this product. I don’t know if this is because of the heavy protection element or some other thing in the product. I mean it’s not supposed to leave anything heavy behind so I’m just wondering.

Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast