autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes - 2022

So--Optimum put up this video:

It shows the "encapsulation" of dirt, and it falling to the bottom of the test beaker, vs an unnamed competitor (which people in the comments believe to be Absolute). The fan boys on the Optimum forum are gushing over this, while I....have questions. Like what is the "dirt", and how does it really relate to what's on my car? It may be Tennessee mud, but since the stuff on my car this time of year is going to be mag chloride brine, salt, oil from the road, etc., I'm not sure how to relate that. And also, even though they say they added 1 oz of each rinseless to what appears to be a 500ml beaker, it looks like they used an ONR cap, which is only half an ounce. So if we figure it was about 16 oz of water, a half ounce of ONR is 8 times the recommended.

So yes, it gives an interesting comparison between 2 rinseless products, whether that relates at all to what happens on my car or in my bucket at a much higher dilution rate....? What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there's any real way to totally eliminate buying products and experimenting with them side by side yourself. It seems to be part of the hobby
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

3. Likes Klasse Act, Uncbrs, DFB, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

It shows the "encapsulation" of dirt, and it falling to the bottom of the test beaker, vs an unnamed competitor (which people in the comments believe to be Absolute). The fan boys on the Optimum forum are gushing over this, while I....have questions. Like what is the "dirt", and how does it really relate to what's on my car? It may be Tennessee mud, but since the stuff on my car this time of year is going to be mag chloride brine, salt, oil from the road, etc., I'm not sure how to relate that. And also, even though they say they added 1 oz of each rinseless to what appears to be a 500ml beaker, it looks like they used an ONR cap, which is only half an ounce. So if we figure it was about 16 oz of water, a half ounce of ONR is 8 times the recommended.

So yes, it gives an interesting comparison between 2 rinseless products, whether that relates at all to what happens on my car or in my bucket at a much higher dilution rate....? What do you guys think?
    Honestly the way ONR encapsulates stuff and pulls it quicker and you can visually see that on the paint is what is going to make me go back to it for my rinseless.

That said I agree with you, I do think this is mostly marketing and at the end of the day, they both work well and are safe to use. Like, you know, the ONR might be slightly better because of this or maybe not even. They don't explain how scientifically this changes the actual marring in the real world. This is one of my big gripe with detailing stuff. And yeah, that does look like the P&S label on the competitor bottle.

I've tried the DIY rinseless and that to was good experience but since I know ONR pulls and separates it more, I do I prefer that and it's similar in price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

I watched that video today and was very impressed. But then someone in the comments reminded me about how ONR stains wash media and doesn’t release too well off it and that turned me off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I watched that video today and was very impressed. But then someone in the comments reminded me about how ONR stains wash media and doesn’t release too well off it and that turned me off.
    The staining is what turned me off as well. I switched to UWW+ concentrate soon after and enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    The staining is what turned me off as well. I switched to UWW+ concentrate soon after and enjoyed it.
    Yeah, I hate the staining, and the OPT people don't really seem to understand what our problem is with it. V.4 was supposed to be an improvement but I haven't even gotten to my bottle of V.4 yet. I was watching a YouTube comparing V.3, V.4, and V.5 and that guy thought V.3 was the best (I think that was his conclusion).

Post Thanks / Like

Idrosave just dropped. $26/liter for USA only it seems

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Idrosave just dropped. $26/liter for USA only it seems

I just got the email too. Ordered a bottle to hopefully use in the next week or two if it warms up enough outside.

10. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    I just got the email too. Ordered a bottle to hopefully use in the next week or two if it warms up enough outside.
    Mine won't go through. So I've ordered it somewhere between 0-3 times

Post Thanks / Like

Alright I bit--I ordered the 250ml...I'm trying to cut down.

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast