autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    I am a huge rinseless fan. I haven't done a traditional wash in 4 years. I agree that ONR is still one of the best rinseless washes on the market. I recently tried P&S Absolute and I really loved it. I ended up ordering a gallon after trying the 32 ounce bottle. Cleans really well, nice slickness, and the smell is addictive. As I mentioned in another thread, my neighbor walked by as I was washing my car with Absolute. He actually complimented the way my car smelled. I've never been complimented on how my car smells until I used Absolute.

I also want to give a shout out for Duragloss 932. This is a rinseless wash that also has some Duragloss Aquawax in it. I recommend it as well.
    If I didn't have to use the foam cannon garbage at work, I'd never do a soap wash ever again.

I haven't had car shampoo since 2017.

2. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Like I mentioned elsewhere, I'm more of the "commit to one and learn the daylights out of it" approach.

ONR is my personal choice. Simply, it does what I need it to do, predictably, consistently.
    haha i'm trying to be that guy but trying new stuff is fun!

And yeah i'm going to try to sell all my pressure washer/foam cannon stuff for one of those great nozzles Mike G has - eley nozzle. They look like a good fit for me.

Geez i paid well over 100 for my black kobrajet hose alone. Great hose no doubt but no need in my situation.

People love foam so i think i can get rid of it locally. It works great.

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Dlc's approach on the 914 It's been hitting the marks and I keep saving my Froth and Fuzion for a slow week I guess or I'm just being lazy
    I've really been on a polishing kick lately. I'm pulling them all out.
    I just loaded up on the entire Jescar line for 25% off

6. Likes noorth, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Great post Mike!! I hope you hit the 2000 soon dude. One of the better youtube channels.

For anyone reading look up Mike G on youtube.

I will probably try oberk too i always liked that patterson guy - he knows his stuff for sure. Sole will probably be my next polish. Look forward to the review.

One question: What dilution do you use for ech20? 1:200? It does leave a very nice shine that is why it's on top of my possible gallon list. But i should just chase the dragon i think lol
    Thanks. For ech2o I use the 1:200 dilution. Buy small bottles if you like to try different things.

8. Likes noorth, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    DIY Detail - Yvan brought his knowledge to this one and it shows. Takes the benefit of polymers and surfactants to do a very good job cleaning. Has one of the best characteristics in releasing dirt from any of the sponges. I would say it is the best at the moment. Offers good lubricity during the wash process. One other attribute is this one can foam if using it in a foaming pump sprayer which comes in handy when using it on heaver dirt or on wheels. The more I use it the more I like it over the others. Dilution is on par with ONR.
    Great, now I'm going to have to try another one! I haven't really looked into this product yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have used sponges and multiple towels. My preference is the sponge as it is more efficient and I can breeze quick over the car. I also don't need to wash a dozen or so towels. The ultra black sponge is the better of all the current available sponges.
    The UBS is awesome
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    haha i'm trying to be that guy but trying new stuff is fun!

And yeah i'm going to try to sell all my pressure washer/foam cannon stuff for one of those great nozzles Mike G has - eley nozzle. They look like a good fit for me.

Geez i paid well over 100 for my black kobrajet hose alone. Great hose no doubt but no need in my situation.

People love foam so i think i can get rid of it locally. It works great.
    I do keep a pressure washer though. We have a lot of dirt roads just north of us, and I often need to blast off the heavy stuff before the ONR wash. I will also sometimes pre-treat with Optimun Power Clean (3 or 5:1), which I still need to put in the foamer. I also use it when I do wheels and wheel wells.

Plus, the better half likes me being able to power wash the balcony deck!

I have the El Cheapo Ryobi. It works well enough for what I need it for. When the garage is done I'll get a stationary one that can stay set up. I have a handful of people who get freebies (family, friends, a neighbor), so I'll use the Ryobi on those jobs.

I will look in to that nozzle though!

11. Likes PaulMys, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber with a chenille wash mitt or multiple wash mitts and a separate rinse bucket works best for me. The Wolfgang Uber wipes away cleanly with no film left behind. It even leaves the windows clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

13. Likes Eldorado2k, DFB, PaulMys, Diner, 01GreyStangGT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you use Uber in your rinse bucket as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Do you use Uber in your rinse bucket as well?
    No, just clean rinse water in the rinse bucket. The rinse bucket also has a scrubbing board. I use 1 ounce of Wolfgang Uber per 3 gallons of water. The Griots Edgeless PFM is my favorite drying towel.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

16. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Then aren’t you diluting the rinseless dilution ratio?

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast