autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sheeting vs. Beading.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I know we all love to detail, but all this(videos/new products) is getting rammed down our throats....it's all for views and companies to make$$$$

People have been ....cleaning.....shining...polishing cars for hundreds of years....starting with horse down carriages

Having been in marketing for decades, all this is fukin comical to me.....Oh look...Oh look!!!!!....

Have there been advancements.....absolutely I'm not saying that...

Some of these guys will give you serious fomo (fear of missing out).

For me it was really bad with the whoe ceramic coating subject. It got me out of my frame. Back in 2017 I finally pick one to use and everyone hates it! Fine, I'm more than happy to use it.

I don't care anymore. I'm not detailing cars owned by detailing enthusiasts, I'm working on cars for people who haven't taken the craft to that level. They don't sit up until 4am watching videos of product testing, or reading reviews. Today I know I spent WAY too much time doing that.

It's weird, someone will be perceived as an authority, and I've never seen their process, I don't know if there's an outside grievance or paid promotion, so I learned to take them with a grain of salt.

It's more important for me to pick a product and learn the daylights out of it. Because the reality of these guys is that they're going to proceed to chase their tail, looking for whatever characteristic they want to see. The flavor of this era is "insane, crazy, tight, tiny" water beads. Awesome, that's great, but I have work to do. I need to make money at this before spending my house payment on all these brands of ceramic coatings. If I can find something super easy and efficient that works that is where I'll park. I'll learn the ins and outs of its idiosyncrasies and attempt mastering it's application.

2. Likes Bosko, opie, chilly, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If water isn't sticking flat to the panel, I'm usually fine.

4. Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    The Junkman is like an old friend. I get pangs of nostalgia listening to his videos videos!
    When I am feeling down I pop in a junkman video. In no time he has me laughing and feeling better. It's medicine for the soul

6. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Some of these guys will give you serious fomo (fear of missing out).

For me it was really bad with the whoe ceramic coating subject. It got me out of my frame. Back in 2017 I finally pick one to use and everyone hates it! Fine, I'm more than happy to use it.

I don't care anymore. I'm not detailing cars owned by detailing enthusiasts, I'm working on cars for people who haven't taken the craft to that level. They don't sit up until 4am watching videos of product testing, or reading reviews. Today I know I spent WAY too much time doing that.

It's weird, someone will be perceived as an authority, and I've never seen their process, I don't know if there's an outside grievance or paid promotion, so I learned to take them with a grain of salt.

It's more important for me to pick a product and learn the daylights out of it. Because the reality of these guys is that they're going to proceed to chase their tail, looking for whatever characteristic they want to see. The flavor of this era is "insane, crazy, tight, tiny" water beads. Awesome, that's great, but I have work to do. I need to make money at this before spending my house payment on all these brands of ceramic coatings. If I can find something super easy and efficient that works that is where I'll park. I'll learn the ins and outs of its idiosyncrasies and attempt mastering it's application.
    I've run across a YouTube detailer in real life. He hired me to do his car because he was afraid. Sat and watched me the whole time. Had a million questions...he still messages me about what car wash soap to use, how to remove bugs, etc...

Post Thanks / Like

He ought to just join here instead of bugging you
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

9. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. I will point him in this direction next time he calls. Probably should delete the previous post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    When I am feeling down I pop in a junkman video. In no time he has me laughing and feeling better. It's medicine for the soul
    Same here. Even the gf will sit and listen!

12. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I've run across a YouTube detailer in real life. He hired me to do his car because he was afraid. Sat and watched me the whole time. Had a million questions...he still messages me about what car wash soap to use, how to remove bugs, etc...

Do tell

Post Thanks / Like

I've asked this question before but can you have one without the other? I'm not sure you can. In other words, a strong beading product will sheet water very fast when flooded. A poor beading product will sheet water but not as fast as one that beads very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I've asked this question before but can you have one without the other? I'm not sure you can. In other words, a strong beading product will sheet water very fast when flooded. A poor beading product will sheet water but not as fast as one that beads very well.

16. Likes CleanIT, dlc95 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast