autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Garage Paint Color

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    If I had to build one, I would go with a set up like this....personal preference..

Each bulb would be switchable for total control

Decided to paint the walls similar to this shade of grey. Thanks!
    i was also inspired by Matt from Obsessed garage in one of his videos where he painted his garage in Harbor grey with black ceilings.

My considerations were because the garage is used for multiple functions from correcting paint to coating etc. I was also worried if I were to paint it full black it would look dark and claustrophobic. Also if I am not happy with the color I can switch to black easily rather than painting it black in the first place and then repainting it to a lighter color (Once you go black you never go back they say haha)

2. Likes DFB, chilly, Bosko, Prange liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nmatthew View Post
    I’m planning to paint my garage which i use to detail cars. Its quite small around 5 by 5 meters or 16x16 ft.

Currently its painted full white and needs a repaint. What color do you think should I go with?

Should I go black? Light grey? Or go with full white again?

Does a prticular color have a significant effect on my detailing process?
    Some said black would help in looking for scratches around the paint..
    The best garage color to use for car detailing is a matter of personal preference. However, there are a few things to consider when choosing a color.

Black can be a good choice because it helps highlight scratches and other paint imperfections. However, it is also difficult to keep clean and easily accumulates dust and dirt.
    Light gray is a good compromise between black and white. It's easier to keep clean than black, but can still help show scratches and other paint imperfections.
    All-white is the most popular color for garages, but is not the best choice for car detailing. Scratches and other paint imperfections can be difficult to see against a white background.

Ultimately, the best color for your garage is the color you prefer and think will best suit your needs.

But personally, I would recommend not painting the walls, but covering them with peel and stick murals. This wallpaper retains its presentation for a long time, is easy to apply to the walls, and you can choose any design.

If you're looking for a color that will help you see scratches and other paint imperfections, black or light gray is a good choice. However, if you're looking for a color that's easier to keep clean, all-white might be your best option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson123 View Post
    The best garage color to use for car detailing is a matter of personal preference. However, there are a few things to consider when choosing a color.

Black can be a good choice because it helps highlight scratches and other paint imperfections. However, it is also difficult to keep clean and easily accumulates dust and dirt.
    Light gray is a good compromise between black and white. It's easier to keep clean than black, but can still help show scratches and other paint imperfections.
    All-white is the most popular color for garages, but is not the best choice for car detailing. Scratches and other paint imperfections can be difficult to see against a white background.

Ultimately, the best color for your garage is the color you prefer and think will best suit your needs.

But personally, I would recommend not painting the walls, but covering them with peel and stick murals. This wallpaper retains its presentation for a long time, is easy to apply to the walls, and you can choose any design.

If you're looking for a color that will help you see scratches and other paint imperfections, black or light gray is a good choice. However, if you're looking for a color that's easier to keep clean, all-white might be your best option.
    I suddenly have a craving for a certain canned meat product..........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I suddenly have a craving for a certain canned meat product..........
    Hahaha. Hey on a serious note, where that bosko been? Seen his name a couple posts up. Aint seen his fancy photos of his trailboss in some months

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

7. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123