autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Product -inflation-

I did a brief search in my email for orders - prices paid. For my usual detailing staples, nothing seems to have really -jumped- astronomically in price.

For my detailing nerdness, what other brands have gone ^^^up.
    I just did a double take only because I know HW is a product I use and I know what its previous price price was as I bought 2 jugs like 3 months ago and at the -usual rate-.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    This "crazy economy" is mostly created as of this moment by the "phantom shortage phenomenon".

All suppliers of goods today have jumped onto this "shortage" bandwagon to claim limited supply. And we all know how that goes....

Thanksgiving: BIG Turkey shortage!! Bird Flu!! $3.99 a pound!! But where is the proof of this "bird flu"? Nowhere. It was fabricated for profit.

Did any AGO members walk into their local grocery stores and see two people fighting for the last turkey??

I could go on for hours with other examples of this, but I'll let my boys chime in first...........
    Every year in the lead up to Christmas, all the media outlets let the public know that there will be some sort of shortage on a traditional Christmas food, be that Pork, Ham, Seafood ect. And guess what happens? Everyone rushes out and buys every whatever the it is in "short supply", hook line and sinker. Very clever of the supermarkets and food producers to rope the media in for a good old panic story.

It's amazing how so incredibly smart and completely dumb humans can be at the same time.

3. Likes PaulMys, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Every year in the lead up to Christmas, all the media outlets let the public know that there will be some sort of shortage on a traditional Christmas food, be that Pork, Ham, Seafood ect. And guess what happens? Everyone rushes out and buys every whatever the it is in "short supply", hook line and sinker. Very clever of the supermarkets and food producers to rope the media in for a good old panic story.

It's amazing how so incredibly smart and completely dumb humans can be at the same time.

I like how they go on and on about how expensive it will be:

This year to feed Thanksgiving dinner to a family of 10 it will be $6.48 per person --- I don't know how we will be able to overcome...

Meanwhile the other 364 days of the year I spend more then that eating garbage from a fast food joint.
    Thanksgiving dinner turns out to be the cheapest meal of the year. Should eat all that stuff more often

5. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this includes EVERYTHING as of late! Grocery shop lately? But totally agree. I love the hobby, but it has become pricey. My annual spring detail order is between $200 to $300. This will provide me with about a year of personal detailing. I never pay full price. I will wait till a 25% off sale and place one big order.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

7. Likes Bosko, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    I think this includes EVERYTHING as of late! Grocery shop lately? But totally agree. I love the hobby, but it has become pricey. My annual spring detail order is between $200 to $300. This will provide me with about a year of personal detailing. I never pay full price. I will wait till a 25% off sale and place one big order.
    Just think if detailing products were perishable like lettuce...we would all be screwed...

9. Likes PA DETAILER, DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Is that all! I don't even dare tally up what I spend in a month let alone a year.

11. Likes Bosko, SameGuy, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus a few small orders in between. So, $300-$400 more like it.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will tell you this, anything with Silicone in it went up as that went up at one point 300%.
    Meguiars has issued several price increase to us this year along with about every other vendor.
    We are all trying to keep it down as best as we can, but at some point you have to pass down the pricing.

15. Thanks PaulMys, VISITOR thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm aware of products that have gone up between 50% to 100% over the last 1.5 years. I know of businesses who haven't been able to source products for the last 1.5 years.

17. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    I will tell you this, anything with Silicone in it went up as that went up at one point 300%.
    Meguiars has issued several price increase to us this year along with about every other vendor.
    We are all trying to keep it down as best as we can, but at some point you have to pass down the pricing.
    Meguiars D170 Hyper Dressing

$124! I was in shock when i saw this price!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast