autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dumb CanCoat replace/over CQ Lite question

Last time I just used the Griot’s 3 in 1 I had on hand on the roof. If I’m not able to get up there this time I’ll look into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Prep sprayed all but the roof on the Navigator in hope to CanCoat it later today.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm late to this thread but after 15 or more months i'm doing the full monty i.e. wash, decon, clay etc. Then a buff/polish (or cut and polish if needed). Finally a good, full panel wipe THEN CanCoat Evo.

The way i look at, if i haven't done all that in the past 15+ months it needs it all again. Even if its been impeccably maintained it still needs a good road film cleaning. My favorites for that are 3D One or DG 501.

To summarize my point...if you are planning to apply another coating to last a year you'll want to fully fix the paint as best you can.

Lastly, CanCoat lasts a long time after it's initially opened. Just make sure the cap is secured tightly. I also put my coatings in zip lock bags and vacuum seal them. My problem with CanCoat is the nozzles clog no matter how well i clean them after use.

Post Thanks / Like

Got all but the front bumper and rear hatch CanCoated. Well and of course the roof. Had to stop for an appointment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    I'm late to this thread but after 15 or more months i'm doing the full monty i.e. wash, decon, clay etc. Then a buff/polish (or cut and polish if needed). Finally a good, full panel wipe THEN CanCoat Evo.

The way i look at, if i haven't done all that in the past 15+ months it needs it all again. Even if its been impeccably maintained it still needs a good road film cleaning. My favorites for that are 3D One or DG 501.

To summarize my point...if you are planning to apply another coating to last a year you'll want to fully fix the paint as best you can.

Lastly, CanCoat lasts a long time after it's initially opened. Just make sure the cap is secured tightly. I also put my coatings in zip lock bags and vacuum seal them. My problem with CanCoat is the nozzles clog no matter how well i clean them after use.
    Thought about that and we’ll see if it has much of a negative effect b

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123