autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz UK 3 and ?

Now that I have decided to use CQUK 3 on the new Rapid Red Maverick, I’ve decided to put two coats because I decided I want it to last so I don’t have to go through all the polishing & prep for as long as possible. Now I’m wondering if I should put something on top to help it get even more time out of the coating. Gliss or maybe even SiC?

* my main consideration in making these decisions is my limited strength and endurance doe to my disabilities.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz UK 3 and ?

Btw & for reference: I’m not a big user of toppers though I do have some Elixir.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve used both. I think Sic is a better product to put over UK but Gliss is way easier to apply. I think if I were to do it again, I’d go with Gliss because it worked really well and isn’t likely to leave a high spot.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Btw & for reference: I’m not a big user of toppers though I do have some Elixir.
    Elixir is a QD with little durability. Reload would be considered a topper. BTW Reload has been reformulated.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s why I even have Elixir, it’s as close as I come to a topper. Saw that Reload is now 2.0. Might have considered it as protection; after application had it been out when I ordered but not too worried about that aspect because I can keep it in garage. Saw they also have another new product for that purpose. I figure if I’m having to keep applying toppers, why am I spending the time to apply a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Uk 3.0 with Sic applied right after has been such a great combo for me. That’s my go to.
    Jim

7. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No need to lay down two layers. CarPro recommends 2 layers but that does not mean required. The second layer would ensure even coverage.

Also if you plan to too with SiC then all you need is one layer of UK and 1 layer of SiC. No need for two layers of UK and one of SiC. That’s overkill.

If you use SiC then you don’t need to use Reload after applying it. It will damage the SiC coating.

As far as toppers if you routinely use Elixir then it will last even longer. Proper maintenance is key for durability along with the occasional decon wash.

If you apply UK and top with Gliss then again no need for Reload. Think of Gliss as a year long application of reload. SiC would be more durable as it’s a stand alone coating.

Or apply two layers of UK and be done.

9. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    No need to lay down two layers. CarPro recommends 2 layers but that does not mean required. The second layer would ensure even coverage.

Also if you plan to too with SiC then all you need is one layer of UK and 1 layer of SiC. No need for two layers of UK and one of SiC. That’s overkill.

If you use SiC then you don’t need to use Reload after applying it. It will damage the SiC coating.

As far as toppers if you routinely use Elixir then it will last even longer. Proper maintenance is key for durability along with the occasional decon wash.

If you apply UK and top with Gliss then again no need for Reload. Think of Gliss as a year long application of reload. SiC would be more durable as it’s a stand alone coating.

Or apply two layers of UK and be done.
    Leaning toward two layers of UK or or UK with Gliss. Which would you recommend? If I go with the UK + Gliss, two layers of UK?

Post Thanks / Like

Leaning toward two layers of UK or or UK with Gliss. Which would you recommend? If I go with the UK + Gliss, two layers of UK?
    I went with 2 layers of UK3 and CanCoat. I would do 2 layers of UK if you have it. SiC is a pain to apply. For ease of use I would do 1layer UK and gloss or CC .

Top again in 1.5 years with the gliss or CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 layers of UK

14. Likes Texchappy liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast