autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First day using Bilt Hamber touchless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Same here. To me,applying a LSP is the main event of detailing. Because I have a garage and live in optimum detailing weather nearly all year round, I won't even consider something you apply every 1 or 2 years. It takes the fun out of everything for me.
    Can I get an AMEN!!!!! It's meditation for me. I live in Ohio so only about 8 months of acceptable detailing weather(imo) but my saying is "If it's fifty(as in 50°F) make it spiffy."

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    When I first got Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam I used it alot more because my car is coated, plus I'm always "boosting" up the paint. My coating is about 1.5 yrs old and still beads GREAT, especially after using Bilt-Hamber productsFirst day using Bilt Hamber touchless.First day using Bilt Hamber touchless.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    You highlight my main beef with coatings. They need "boosted". So it is the coating still performing or the "boosting agent" that was just applied to it?

If a coating lasted years with just proper detergents, and not "boosters", I wouldn't have a beef with them despite my two lackluster experiences with them. The boosting this makes me raise an eyebrow.

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    You highlight my main beef with coatings. They need "boosted". So it is the coating still performing or the "boosting agent" that was just applied to it?

If a coating lasted years with just proper detergents, and not "boosters", I wouldn't have a beef with them despite my two lackluster experiences with them. The boosting this makes me raise an eyebrow.

The boosting is more for people with a "problem" more than anything else IMO. I bet a really good coating, like what I have, could get by with just regular washes and higher pH soaps.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Thanks PouncingPanzer thanked for this post
    Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The coating system I previously used still beaded good after a year or so, it was just etched to hell from deicing agents sitting on it got months on end. Needed polished out. That's when I divorced them. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

The coating system I previously used still beaded good after a year or so, it was just etched to hell from deicing agents sitting on it got months on end. Needed polished out. That's when I divorced them. Lol

Did you try a good water spot removerFirst day using Bilt Hamber touchless.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Did you try a good water spot removerFirst day using Bilt Hamber touchless.

Yep. It was (correction, not UK) standard Cquartz and used CarPros Spotless. Almost ordered Optimum MDR out of desperation but figured if the one from the coating company didn't work, why would someone else's?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. It was (correction, not UK) standard Cquartz and used CarPros Spotless. Almost ordered Optimum MDR out of desperation but figured if the one from the coating company didn't work, why would someone else's?

I'm not well versed in water spot issues but after using my first coating I was worried I coated over some water spots. I swear they had been present in the area and I had seen them before. They were very noticeable after coating though.

I read up on a lot of options and finally tried the one from Kamikaze. While it might be meant for their coatings, it worked just fine for what I needed. I was actually planning on needing to redo the hood but it wasn't needed. The Kamikaze water spot remover worked well and the non-Kamikaze coating seems fine.

Again, just one rookie's experience with coatings and water spots here!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

10. Likes PouncingPanzer, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    I'm not well versed in water spot issues but after using my first coating I was worried I coated over some water spots. I swear they had been present in the area and I had seen them before. They were very noticeable after coating though.

I read up on a lot of options and finally tried the one from Kamikaze. While it might be meant for their coatings, it worked just fine for what I needed. I was actually planning on needing to redo the hood but it wasn't needed. The Kamikaze water spot remover worked well and the non-Kamikaze coating seems fine.

Again, just one rookie's experience with coatings and water spots here!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for sharing that experience, not sure if I was even aware of Kamikaze back in 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah coatings don’t need toppings…. Do the help longevity…. Maybe…. It’s the same meditation you get from waxing for us coating users.

Labocosmetica 3ph Wash to decon a coating is suppose to tackle waterspots.

And I’ll be honest I don’t know if toppers actually stay on coatings. Anyrhing I put on a coated car performs like the coating underneath as to when I use it on a stand alone on uncoated paint. Definitely the coating’s there…

I do it because I think we as humans like to apply things to things. I feel I “see” and notice a difference but I can see argument against

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Same here. To me,applying a LSP is the main event of detailing. Because I have a garage and live in optimum detailing weather nearly all year round, I won't even consider something you apply every 1 or 2 years. It takes the fun out of everything for me.
    I completely get this now. My car is coated but sometimes I do feel cheated because I can’t try out something new without breaking out the polisher. Then again I do like having long term protection that I don’t need to worry about, especially when life get’s ahead of me and time is a luxury. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t.

15. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast