autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First day using Bilt Hamber touchless.

A while back I put up a post pondering the effectiveness of products applied as a mist vs as a foam; Mike Phillips chimed in and thought the misted product would be as effective.

Thought Exercise - Foam vs Fine Mist Question

2. Likes chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First day using Bilt Hamber touchless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    I have an iK foamer, but it’s the smaller versions (1.5 and 9?). I just hate pumping those things but might try. I used the smaller one with frothe before.

I think it’s really hard using less with the PF22, it covers everything pretty fast. I did use the whole bottle but I went back and covered the dirtier parts more than once. It’s quite runny so the covered is not even as good as using reset, for example.
    Yeah but try a lot less next time you’ll be surprised. Start top down and let it run down. The IK foam pro 12 has a battery pack and electric pump that will be coming out. Or you can do what Klasse did and just right up a cheap tire inflator.

If you wet the car 1st don’t apply touchless dry.

How did you like Frothe? Messy at first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    A while back I put up a post pondering the effectiveness of products applied as a mist vs as a foam; Mike Phillips chimed in and thought the misted product would be as effective.

Interesting. I agree with MP here.

I have an IK Pro 12 and honestly it's just OK to me. Works well enough. I want to look at a battery powered foamers; one that puts out more foam if one exists.

I love my Marolex sprayer more though.

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post

I missed that post

Off the top of my head I am thinking that the basic inherent cleaning ability of a given product might have more to do with it than how it's applied

I am sure the HOW does have a lot to do with it but it has been demonstrated so many times that applying a super heavy foaming wash with a top notch foam cannon doesn't do much if the soap doesn't inherently have cleaning ability

I think I will get one of my good older ZEP spray bottles that I know is capable of a super fine mist and do half of a panel with that and half with my new IK foamer and see if there is a measurable difference

I had several gallon pump garden sprayers in Hawaii with various weed and insect sprays and I struggled to get any kind of fine control over the amount and pattern of the spray

It was either off or a flood, but these were $20 Ace Hardware sprayers and I know there are better ones out there capable of fine mist and more controllable adjustments

Let the science begin...

8. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Off the top of my head I am thinking that the basic inherent cleaning ability of a given product might have more to do with it than how it's applied

I am sure the HOW does have a lot to do with it but it has been demonstrated so many times that applying a super heavy foaming wash with a top notch foam cannon doesn't do much if the soap doesn't inherently have cleaning ability
    Good point. Some products are going to cling better but also dissolve more dirt on the surface. I know Miranda likes APC's for presoaks and basically ditched the pre-foam products like Gyeon which doesn't clean well at all. BH remains the exception to this.

More often than not foaming is more for visual appeal. People like it just like they like beading even though it may not be actually doing anything positive for you.

The New DIY Rinsless Wash actually foams really well. Contains a lot of emulsifiers and surfactants.

10. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    Good point. Some products are going to cling better but also dissolve more dirt on the surface. I know Miranda likes APC's for presoaks and basically ditched the pre-foam products like Gyeon which doesn't clean well at all. BH remains the exception to this.

More often than not foaming is more for visual appeal. People like it just like they like beading even though it may not be actually doing anything positive for you.

The New DIY Rinsless Wash actually foams really well. Contains a lot of emulsifiers and surfactants.
    I think run of the mill foams help with loose dust and stuff, but I also think that 99% of that stuff gets knocked off by a pressure rinse anyway without soap

I feel like a lot of the newer products are putting all the elements of an effective product into one package and its a matter of finding a product and process that works for YOUR dirt with YOUR water in YOUR location, as Crack has claimed from the start

12. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    If you wet the car 1st don’t apply touchless dry.
    Blonde moment...what do you mean?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

14. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I think run of the mill foams help with loose dust and stuff, but I also think that 99% of that stuff gets knocked off by a pressure rinse anyway without soap
    Agree...also most have a minimal affect on traffic film. Unlike BH and im sure a few others

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

16. Likes chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And on a separate note I am kicking myself for not thinking about ordering the special pump to dispense the BH 5 liter jug products

PITA

18. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what I’m going to do going forward after I polish and apply new coating next year, is use BH Touchless (or any effective prewash) as much as possible and follow up with a spray and rinse sealant. That will reduce how much I am touching the paint and will cutdown on swirl marks.

20. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast