autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First day using Bilt Hamber touchless.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    So when using in a foam cannon BH says to use sparingly. You don’t need to drench the car. Literally if it’s got a coat on it your good. One PF22 filled should do 2-3 times.

To be more economical get an IK foam pro 2. 4oz to 100oz of water will clean your suv 1.5-2 times…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have an iK foamer, but it’s the smaller versions (1.5 and 9?). I just hate pumping those things but might try. I used the smaller one with frothe before.

I think it’s really hard using less with the PF22, it covers everything pretty fast. I did use the whole bottle but I went back and covered the dirtier parts more than once. It’s quite runny so the covered is not even as good as using reset, for example.
    Bruno Soares

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes Bruno Soares, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Or an IK with a schrader valve/air compressor or a cordless foamer like the SPTA or Griot's that's coming out in Spring. I also hate pumping.

6. Likes CleanIT, Bruno Soares, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep crack is correct.

Also i use touchless in a regular 2 gallon garden pump sprayer with 9-10 oz of touchless.

It really is amazing how well this stuff works. Juat used it the othe day at the coin op...the car was retty nasty with road film and mud splatter. when i brought it home and being its a black car id be easy to see..but there was not one single indication of a road film line on it.

You can use it with a garden hose for rinse, but i have noticed a pw will remove the road film better than a hose

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

8. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Bruno Soares, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to trying BH Touchless or AF. Just got to use up some more of what I have on hand first.

10. Likes Bruno Soares, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Yep crack is correct.

Also i use touchless in a regular 2 gallon garden pump sprayer with 9-10 oz of touchless.

It really is amazing how well this stuff works. Juat used it the othe day at the coin op...the car was retty nasty with road film and mud splatter. when i brought it home and being its a black car id be easy to see..but there was not one single indication of a road film line on it.

You can use it with a garden hose for rinse, but i have noticed a pw will remove the road film better than a hose

In that case then it's all just liquid and no foam to cling to the paint for a while? I'm guessing it has cleaning power to do its thing even if it's just sprayed on but then it probably runs off faster than as a foam. Even as a foam, because it's watery, it didn't last that long on the paint. Just enough time to for me to go rinse the foam cannon clean and switch my water to deionized, then it was looking like much of the foam had dripped to the floor and I was afraid it would start drying on the paint so I proceeded to rinse. The first hit of water from the power washer doesn't rinse it immediately, it almost looks like a film, but just a little more water over it and it seems to be gone and beading is back.
    Bruno Soares

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    In that case then it's all just liquid and no foam to cling to the paint for a while? I'm guessing it has cleaning power to do its thing even if it's just sprayed on but then it probably runs off faster than as a foam. Even as a foam, because it's watery, it didn't last that long on the paint. Just enough time to for me to go rinse the foam cannon clean and switch my water to deionized, then it was looking like much of the foam had dripped to the floor and I was afraid it would start drying on the paint so I proceeded to rinse. The first hit of water from the power washer doesn't rinse it immediately, it almost looks like a film, but just a little more water over it and it seems to be gone and beading is back.
    Check out that video Auto HQ did. She got as good or better results from the sprayer.

I don't know how BH AF/Touchless clings to the surface but if it's anything like Feynlab Pure Rinseless it will cling very well. If that's the case you're good to go as the surface will be saturated and start to break things down.

14. Likes Bruno Soares, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct no foam, but as long as its not a steaming hot panel or in direct sunlight the panels will stay wet after the 3-5 minutes it takes to go around the car. Personally i dont think the foaming matters in this instance. Itsaves me alot of money using a cheap pump sprayer and less product compared to foam cannon. I can get 4-5 vehicles outta 2 gallon mix

16. Likes Bruno Soares, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Correct no foam, but as long as its not a steaming hot panel or in direct sunlight the panels will stay wet after the 3-5 minutes it takes to go around the car. Personally i dont think the foaming matters in this instance. Itsaves me alot of money using a cheap pump sprayer and less product compared to foam cannon. I can get 4-5 vehicles outta 2 gallon mix

Good to know. Wondering how well Touch Less would do in my sprayer for pre-soaking when doing a rinseless. Usually I just use the same rinseless product but perhaps I could use say an ounce of Touch Less in 1.5L of water to spray the panel and then proceed with rinseless? Maybe it's fine since touch less seems to rinse easier than auto foam.
    Bruno Soares

18. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to know. Wondering how well Touch Less would do in my sprayer for pre-soaking when doing a rinseless. Usually I just use the same rinseless product but perhaps I could use say an ounce of Touch Less in 1.5L of water to spray the panel and then proceed with rinseless? Maybe it's fine since touch less seems to rinse easier than auto foam.
    Some of the rinseless products are surprisingly great pre-soak products. Next 50F day I'm going to test Feynlab Pure Rinsless as a pre-wash. I suppose if the rinseless wash completely removes the BH you should be ok.

20. Likes chilly, Bruno Soares liked this post
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast