autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stoner Car Care getting in on the Sio2 frenzy

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I applied Can Coat Evo (CCE) to my neighbors car on 8/27 and he never washed it for 2 months. When I washed it the other day there was some quick sheeting occurring on lower half of doors. Doing a decon didn't help it recover fully either.

Put CCE on the wifes Durango this weekend but I was too lazy to do any sort of prep work. Just washed, dried and CCE applied. This will be a great test to see how durable it will be with no prep. I'm not expecting miracles though and that's fine.
    Nice. I'll be curious to see how it holds up on the Durango. Keep us posted.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think where Meg's went wrong was with the marketing and packaging...it's way to confusing to the "Average" Joe that wants to wax their car.

Standing in the automotive car cleaning isle staring at 65 products, it literally is the last "Box" I would pick not being educated in paint protection.

"2 products in one box....URGH!...do what first.....Meh...how long to wait until I rub off?.......PASS!!!"

This turtle wax spray bottle looks cool......I'll pick this....

It's just one of those products that is lost in the abyss "Pro consumer"...Entry level Pro"

4. Likes CleanIT, PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree Bosko. It also lacks Sio2, which in reality means nothing, but in today's world probably doesn't help with it.

6. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I think where Meg's went wrong was with the marketing and packaging...it's way to confusing to the "Average" Joe that wants to wax their car.

Standing in the automotive car cleaning isle staring at 65 products, it literally is the last "Box" I would pick not being educated in paint protection.

"2 products in one box....URGH!...do what first.....Meh...how long to wait until I rub off?.......PASS!!!"

It's just one of those products that is lost in the abyss "Pro consumer"...Entry level Pro"
    I was the weirdo looking for something that would really show me the paint was protected.

That led me to Zymol Auto Polish when they sold it in the plastic jewel cases. Beaded like mad for about a week - then it was done.

8. Likes Bosko, PaulMys, CleanIT, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL...Zymol...was for Kings and Royals....way above my pay grade at the time....

10. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BAM!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Likes Bosko, dgage, CleanIT liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

No graphene on the bottle! Whatever happened to that? lol Some people on youtube were saying ceramic coatings were going to become obsolete.!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied Can Coat Evo (CCE) to my neighbors car on 8/27 and he never washed it. When I washed it the other day there was some quick sheeting occurring on lower half of doors. Doing a decon didn't help it recover fully either.

Put CCE on the wifes Durango this weekend but I was too lazy to do any sort of prep work. Just washed, dried and CCE applied. This will be a great test to see how durable it will be with no prep. I'm not expecting miracles though and that's fine.
    Yeah i've come to the conclusion that if you can't wash your car every 2-3 weeks a ceramic coating is a waste of money and effort. For instance, my car will be sitting out in the Canadian elements now for about the next 4mths before i drive her again or wash her. I will get my father to take the car for a drive every few weeks however. Lots of different situations.

Personally, i'm probably going back to AIO's. Excited to try the Rupes UNO Advanced next year. I will top it with rapidwaxx. I still have about 400ml left! Very nice product and beads just as well as cancoat IME. I'm not a beadhead anyhow. I like shiny paint.

I'll polish the car whenever i feel like it with something like UNO Advanced.

15. Likes dgage, chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have looked high and low for the ingredients in Can Coat...my guess it's something along the lines of Polysiloxane
    Sio2. Roughly 25%. Don’t know what the carrier agent is or if it also has polysiloxane.

I use Kamikaze overcoat which is a coating maintenance product with siloxane but don’t know if that’s the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied Can Coat Evo (CCE) to my neighbors car on 8/27 and he never washed it. When I washed it the other day there was some quick sheeting occurring on lower half of doors. Doing a decon didn't help it recover fully either.

What did you use to decon? Seems awful fast to wear or need a decon. Maybe new Evo not as good as old stuff Stoner Car Care getting in on the Sio2 frenzy

When it needed decon on me I had to use something alkaline to wake it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast