autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products you're interested in trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    I think 12 to 18 months at most. Which is about how long one application lasts so it’s hard to use all of it unless you’re doing several cars.
    Even with multiple cars you'll have some left over. When I used it, I coated a mid-size SUV and a hatchback car and had plenty left over, even when I gave the car a second coat about 10 months after the original application.

Agree with the others, they could sell a can half the size of what they now offer and still have a very relevant product.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Even with multiple cars you'll have some left over. When I used it, I coated a mid-size SUV and a hatchback car and had plenty left over, even when I gave the car a second coat about 10 months after the original application.

Agree with the others, they could sell a can half the size of what they now offer and still have a very relevant product.
    I may throw another coat of CC on soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've found my "happy place" for most products I use on a regular basis and not interested in trying out anything new right now. However, I do have two gaps.

1. Trim coatings: Thinking of trying either Solution Finish or Cerekote. I've got a couple 10+ year old cars with trim that is starting to show age. Protectant/restoring and coating products I've tried out only work for short periods of time and I'm looking for something with better durability.

2. Leather care: I love my McKee's all in one leather care product, but they don't make it any more. When my current bottle runs out, the hunt will be on. Don't have any candidates at the moment.
    I think in time Cerakote will make a full blown coating. Especially being they have the knowledge and in-house capability to do so here in the U.S.

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I may want to give those blue Rupes Coarse wool cutting pads a try again though.

Once I got used to rinseless, it permenately eliminated shampoo for me. The only time I use it is at work when the instagram cameras are rolling. The biggest reasons:

1. No hard water spots.
    2. I can see what I'm cleaning, with the foam, it will hide missed spots.
    3. The lubricants protect as I dry, eliminating towel marring.

Rinseless is it for me.
    Never used the coarse wool but the twisted coarse wool ive have and use and like them very much.

I agree with your reasons for rinseless. Unfortunatly I still will have to get out the pressure washer to do a foamed presoak treatment for the DD. If i had a big foamed pump sprayer for bh touchless then id say i could probly forgo the pw

How many towels ya usually use for drying? I used 2 gauntlets.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

7. Likes dlc95, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Thanks for the VERY helpful tips! I have been going to Optimum with just about everything else so figure once the Jescar polishes are low and gone I may try to switch. I believe my pads do not have the center holes but drawing a blank atm.
    I had the full Jescar line of polishes, eve their All In One, and I REALLY liked them. I may consider ordering them again in the future. I took BATH on them when I sold them though. Very full 32oz of Correcting Compound, Medium Polish, Micro Polish. And 8oz of those, All Im One, and Power Lock Plus all sold on eBay for a whopping $9.00! Lesson learned with minimums..

You'll probably love the Hyper Polish, but if you really want to get the most out of Intensive and HC you'll want to give them a chance.

I use Optimum's Hyper Wool Pad, which has a center hole. Sometimes I'll lay a quarter over the hole when I spray the pad.

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I think in time Cerakote will make a full blown coating. Especially being they have the knowledge and in-house capability to do so here in the U.S.
    Do you think they will do it solo or with someone else? I noticed the headlight coating wipes in the Griots headlight restoral kits are actually Cerekote.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think they will do it solo or with someone else? I noticed the headlight coating wipes in the Griots headlight restoral kits are actually Cerekote.
    Definitely solo. Griot's is working on their own full-blown coating (all in-house as well). Cerakote already has the capability. I think in the U.S., the companies that make their own coatings in house are: System X, Optimum, Feynlab, Duraslic, 3D and Roar. All produce their own coating. Rest are B&B and that includes most of them, including P&S.

Majority of all coatings come from SE Asia, with China being a huge player.

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Never used the coarse wool but the twisted coarse wool ive have and use and like them very much.

I agree with your reasons for rinseless. Unfortunatly I still will have to get out the pressure washer to do a foamed presoak treatment for the DD. If i had a big foamed pump sprayer for bh touchless then id say i could probly forgo the pw

How many towels ya usually use for drying? I used 2 gauntlets.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I still power wash the heavy loose stuff off first if needed. This time of year with all the tree litter the power washer comes in handy, and for deep cleaning wheels. So, I guess you could say I do some "hybrid" washes. Sometimes I'll pret treat with Optimum Power Clean at 5:1 to loosen up traffic film and old wax or sealants.

I can usually get away with one or two TRC 16×24 Eagle Edgeless followed with one of their 17×24 "car wash" towels for the final wipe. It is with the eagle where I'll use a drying aid if I feel like it.

15. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I may want to give those blue Rupes Coarse wool cutting pads a try again though.
    The Rupes Coarse Wool is my favorite pad and I recently used it on a black Kia Soul as a one-step with Griots FCC to remove irrigation hard water spots. Did a second pass with a Rupes yellow foam pad and Essence on the hood just to make sure it looked the best. Car came out great.

17. Likes chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    The Rupes Coarse Wool is my favorite pad and I recently used it on a black Kia Soul as a one-step with Griots FCC to remove irrigation hard water spots. Did a second pass with a Rupes yellow foam pad and Essence on the hood just to make sure it looked the best. Car came out great.
    I've had and sold like two sets of then. I always forget it's that initial wild bucking that turns me off. I believe the rep referred to it as "feedback" from the tool. Sounds about right!

I know with Rupes DA Coarse it would devastate some heavy heavy defects, but it was a pretty dusty experience.

That being said, I want to give them another go with my 3D stuff.

19. Likes dgage liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast