autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New P&S Absolute

SDS for Absolute:
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...f?v=1662675339

There could be some components not listed. Maybe the third chemical listed is the "new technology".

As far as their issues with N914, I always use distilled water and the multiple towel method so nothing goes back into the bucket.

Not really sure why they talk about the gloss from Absolute but also say it doesn't leave anything behind.

2. Likes CleanIT, chilly, Coatingsarecrack, PNWSam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The RW's I've used are ONR, Griot's and Megs (i think that was a waterless). All worked very well for me. The latest version of ONR is great IMO.

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will I have a gallon each of UWW+, ONR, Wolfgang(non sio2), and the old d114. Also have an unopened small bottle of ECH2O. When or I should say IF I ever get worked through all of those I will probably look to try Absolute. I need to give away or trade off a couple of those, lol.

Also - very good post on the N914 CleanIT.

6. Likes CleanIT, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So ive never used a rinseless wash. Ive used waterless wash for bird shat spot treatments and one or two full waterless washes on a dusty vehicle.

Dont know much about onr or similar.

So question...which rinsless leaves nothing behind? Does not aound like a bad idea for me to try for my coated vehicles. 2 of them are never "dirty"

Side note I Do my washes with a one towel per panel method.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

8. Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    So ive never used a rinseless wash. Ive used waterless wash for bird shat spot treatments.

Dont know much about onr or similar.

So question...which rinsless leaves nothing behind? Does not aound like a bad idea for me to try for my coated vehicles. 2 of them are never "dirty"

Side note I Do my washes with a one towel per panel method.

N914 doesn't leave anything behind and gets good reviews. ONR leaves very minimal polymer residue behind which wear off very quickly. ONR encapsulates and drops dirt to the bottom better than N914. Griot's is similar to ONR as well but leaves nothing behind. Ech20 is kind of the odd one among them all in that it does leave something behind. The Sio2 and carnauba make it very slick and glossy. Apex did a test with it, and it will create a beading effect. Feynlab is probably the strongest of the bunch from what I've read. Absolute does sound like a nice product in that it mimics the good ONR qualities of encapsulation and will drop dirt to the bottom. They also claim it leaves nothing behind (maybe gloss enhancers?)

I have no issues with ONR, Griot's and Ech20. Ech20 can bit a bit of PITA at times with streaking that reveals itself if the dilution ration isn't high enough. A tad bit more work with that one, but the gloss it leaves behind is impressive.

ONR is tried and true, safe and gets the job done. I reach for that more than the others.

10. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

TRC had to go back and clarify their position because many people were annoyed with how over the top they were with Absolute. That's my take anyway. It is in no way a game changer. It's basically a slightly better version of ONR IMO. Hardly a game changer. That word is used far too often in this world lol. Most products offer marginal benefits at best.

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's has 2 rinseless washes. The rinseless wash & wax does leave something behind. The brilliant finish rinseless wash does not.

14. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There used to be a guy on here (PIPUK?) that was a chemist would cut through the bs we encounter in this industry. He doesn't post anymore.

16. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    N914 doesn't leave anything behind and gets good reviews. ONR leaves very minimal polymer residue behind which wear off very quickly. ONR encapsulates and drops dirt to the bottom better than N914. Griot's is similar to ONR as well but leaves nothing behind. Ech20 is kind of the odd one among them all in that it does leave something behind. The Sio2 and carnauba make it very slick and glossy. Apex did a test with it, and it will create a beading effect. Feynlab is probably the strongest of the bunch from what I've read. Absolute does sound like a nice product in that it mimics the good ONR qualities of encapsulation and will drop dirt to the bottom. They also claim it leaves nothing behind (maybe gloss enhancers?)

I have no issues with ONR, Griot's and Ech20. Ech20 can bit a bit of PITA at times with streaking that reveals itself if the dilution ration isn't high enough. A tad bit more work with that one, but the gloss it leaves behind is impressive.

ONR is tried and true, safe and gets the job done. I reach for that more than the others.
    Man i might have to try some, seems like it might speed up some of my washes. Thanks

18. Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CleanIT: Thanks for the thorough observations on 914 and ONR

My only gripe with the version of ONR I've used (previous gen, not current release) is that I noticed that road film bonded/accumulated faster using ONR than any other wash method. It's been a while since I've used it for that reason. Who knows, maybe it was an interaction between it and whatever LSP was below it. Been so long I don't remember what LSP I was using at the time.

Since then it's been used for cleaning hard floors at home as well as underhood plastics clean up on cars at work. (Works really well for that!).

20. Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast