autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax polymer. net shield

Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield (autogeek.net)

Still a big thing? I remember it had a BIG following when released. Also heard kind of finicky to apply.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax polymer. net shield

It is easy to apply. I have used it a few times and it lasts for a few months. It doesn't seem to be as popular as it was. It's kind of like Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

4. Thanks PA DETAILER thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield (autogeek.net)

Still a big thing? I remember it had a BIG following when released. Also heard kind of finicky to apply.
    Not sure. I've used it but since I moved entirely to coatings years ago, I've not used it or any real sealants since. Maybe a few here and there. It's good stuff. Little more difficult to remove than some but not a big deal.

Honestly, the biggest killer of all these products IMO is GYEON CanCoat. As easy if not easier to use, super fast, ultra hydrophobic and lasts far far longer. I tout it as a season long but it's a 12 month product here in Ohio. I had a Golf R wear it as a daily for nearly 18 months and it was still doing it's job. Granted, this one was in the hands of a car-guy but still. CanCoat is the go-to for products like this if you're looking. I pair it with GYEON Primer as it lays down a base-layer of corresponding ceramic and it does make removal and buff off noticeably easier.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never had any luck with netshield… No matter how I applied it ;with a microfiber, or with a brick in various strengths and cure times, , it was always grabby to get off, I gave it up for some of the other silicone sealants out there…I really wanted it to work, I really like sonax products… It’s still on my shelf. I’m a Cancoat convert now…..
    Glen -

8. Likes Bosko, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd opt for Megs Hybrid Paint Coating/Can Coat over PNS from what I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post

See my sig. I have a couple of coatings I've never applied due to the work time and effort involved. I personally love Sonax PNS and use BSD as a drying aid/topper. Easier to use than a coating personally. I apply using a MF applicator pad that is slightly damp. A little goes a long way and I spray the applicator. Amazing on trim too. Brilliant shine detailer seems to have good filling and darkening ability and has no silicone.

I have a can of can coat I'll probably apply to try now.

Just to add, Sonax PNS and BSD looked amazing on Dodge's Torred.

11. Thanks PA DETAILER thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love PNS. It's pretty much all I use. I have gotten an easy 6 months on panels I don't mess with much, but I also add some here and there where required. It's one of the more hydrophobic products I have used as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    See my sig. I have a couple of coatings I've never applied due to the work time and effort involved. I personally love Sonax PNS and use BSD as a drying aid/topper. Easier to use than a coating personally. I apply using a MF applicator pad that is slightly damp. A little goes a long way and I spray the applicator. Amazing on trim too. Brilliant shine detailer seems to have good filling and darkening ability and has no silicone.

I have a can of can coat I'll probably apply to try now.

Just to add, Sonax PNS and BSD looked amazing on Dodge's Torred.
    If I remember correctly, Mike Phillips said it was the closest sealant to a coating

While I do offer a coating, I will always love my Duragloss 111, or 601 + 111 combo. So easy to use, and incredibly durable. I sort of miss the days where that was my highest option for protection.

14. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    If I remember correctly, Mike Phillips said it was the closest sealant to a coating

While I do offer a coating, I will always love my Duragloss 111, or 601 + 111 combo. So easy to use, and incredibly durable. I sort of miss the days where that was my highest option for protection.

Absolutely could see that. It looks amazing on Red and I get easy 1 year of harsh snow/salt weather use. I end up topping with BSD when I have time during my wash. Even BSD easily lasts 3 to 6 months for me. They both darken and protect trim nicely.

I honestly love collonite too. I end up having to polish up or clay spots to remove contamination/scratches from people brushing past car, keys and etc pretty often. I would hate to have an 8 year coating and deal with all that. Though I'm tempted to try one this year.

16. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast