autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric Pressure Washer/Foam Cannon HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    My list of possibilities was both for your benefit and future readers experiencing a similar problem.

Eliminating all but the pressure washer itself, then I guess we have found the problem. You really shouldn't need to buy another foam cannon, soap or foam booster to get high quality foam. I got brilliant foam from a 1400 psi Karcher, that Sunjoe should be up to the task so I would be looking into that.
    Interesting possibility. Perhaps the PW I have is somehow defective? I gave my previous PW to my brother in law. He sent me a copy of the tag on the machine and not only does it produce only 1.6 GPM but at a lower pressure as well. In theory , the Sun Joe has better specs for running a f.oak cannon but it’s not producing better results.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Griots Brilliant Shine
    I have absolutely enjoyed the performance of this one, great foam with everything I feed it even at lower than recommended dilution ratios. However, the little steel ball at the end of the pick-up tube IS NOT real stainless and mine is rusting. Come on Griot's....really? Gonna charge me $60~ and cheap out there? That, so far, has been my only disappointment.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to order another pressure washer from Amazon and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't then I can always return it.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    This was the winning combination for me. At first I used a cheap crap foam cannon and the foam was thin and runny. I switched to an MTM PF22.2 and it made a world of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is the kind of foam I was used to getting before. I never used a foam booster though and the foam cannon I was using was cheap AF because back when I got it there were basically two to choose from. The other one had to be ordered from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I have absolutely enjoyed the performance of this one, great foam with everything I feed it even at lower than recommended dilution ratios. However, the little steel ball at the end of the pick-up tube IS NOT real stainless and mine is rusting. Come on Griot's....really? Gonna charge me $60~ and cheap out there? That, so far, has been my only disappointment.
    Is that the Griot's foam cannon?
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    Is that the Griot's foam cannon?
    Post #9 has your answer

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    If I remember right, I think Griot's changed the material for the little ball since releasing the Brilliant Finish cannon. Contact their customer service and see if they'll help you out.

One thought to the Original Poster - after using your foam cannon, do you drop the pick up in straight water and run the cannon to flush out the internals before putting it away? I know I've heard of folks needing to rebuild their cannon (replace the stainless mesh that's responsible for making the foam) because the leftover product residue gunks up the internals and reduces the foam output. Obviously not relevant with all new parts, but something to consider for future use.

If we're throwing Foam Cannon hats in the ring, I've really like the BOSS foam cannon. Had it since it came out, has worked great. Really like the auto-metering function since I use it with their foaming products, as well as the ability to thread on either the reservoir it comes with (I usually just use it for a clean water flush after use) or the 22/35 oz bottles.
    Pressure washer wise I'm using the Ryobi 1600psi/1.2gpm little cheapie. 1.1mm orifice in the cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

Placed an order today because of the sale so I relented and ordered some foam booster to try.
    -Killrwheels

7. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE . . .

I detailed my car yesterday and used two of the three foam cannons I have on hand. I also purchased some new soaps to try out. The more expensive foam cannon didn't provide any suds at all this time. I might have to disassemble it and see what's going on there. The less expensive one actually functioned reasonably. Now i'm wondering if the car wash soaps I have are part of the issue. I was using some soaps I haven't used in a while. The last few years I've mostly been using CarPro HydrO2 Foam to maintain my car's coating. Recently, I got a new car which I hadn't coated yet so I was using some old Optimum Car Wash and Poorboy's Super Slick and Suds. When I used a new bottle of CG Strip this week the foam was noticeably improved. Not quite as foamy as I used to get but much improved.
    -Killrwheels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12