autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Can I remove these stains on a budget?

All seats have stains looking like the picture below, and all plastic in the car is stained. Even the ceiling has stains like this. I am on a limited budget and the Meguiars D106 is not in my budget. Do I have any other options to remove these stains from these seats? Would Meguiars D10101 APC be able to do the trick?

Thank you

Can I remove these stains on a budget?-1-jpgCan I remove these stains on a budget?-2-jpgCan I remove these stains on a budget?-3-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can I remove these stains on a budget?

Do you own an Extractor and Steamer for detailing interiors? Those seats look pretty stained and would require some deep cleaning / extracting. The dashboard doesn't look too bad and should cleanup with the D101 diluted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    Do you own an Extractor and Steamer for detailing interiors? Those seats look pretty stained and would require some deep cleaning / extracting. The dashboard doesn't look too bad and should cleanup with the D101 diluted.
    Hi Bobby, I do not own those unfortunately. I know I won't be able to get stains fully out, but i'm hoping I can at least fade them down until they aren't as noticeable as they currently are. Do you think there's a budget friendly product I can use on the seats/carpet?

Post Thanks / Like

If you already have the Meguiar's D101 All Purpose Cleaner just dilute it and give it a try. Meguiar?s All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate, 1 Gallon, works on carpet, fabric, vinyl, and leather for all-over interior cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars D101 at 1:10 or 1:15 would be a good starting point. Focus on your technique with a few microfiber towels. Work on blotting with a barely damp D101 towel followed by a microfiber towel barely damp with water and finally blot with a dry towel. You’re trying to remove the stain and if you get the area wet, you’ll push the stain down into the foam and it will return. So just blot with a little scrubbing action but no saturating. Good luck.

Depending on what made the stain, you may need to look at getting an enzyme cleaner, which Autogeek has. And if you place an order, you might want to get Chemical Guys Lightning Fast Carpet and Stain cleaner, which is a surprisingly good product for stains.

6. Likes ItsKYRO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar situation when I was on the road. I had Megs D101 in my detailing bag and it just didn't cut it. When I got home I used Wolfgang Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner and it removed the stains. It is really best to use a cleaner that is specifically formulated for fabrics.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Folex, it worked for me.

9. Likes MoBenzOwner liked this post