So it finally happened. I had to polish off the hood of my recently ceramic coated metallic black audi.
I have gyeon pure evo ceramic coating on the car, the hood also has can coat on top ( just on the hood) . I m having an issue where I get pretty bad streaking / smearing if I apply any sealant or wax ( car pro reload, tac system shiny, or any other sealant ) outside in the shade ( temperature around 20-30 degrees celsious), I m assuming it would be worst if i do it under the sun . I do not seem to have this issue when I apply sealants inside the garage . This only seems to happen on the hood, I do not see an issue on any other part of the vehicle. I do not apply sealants on this car every week , maybe every 2 or 3 weeks, in any case if over applying was the issue why is it only on the hood

The only difference between the hood and the remaining of the car is that the hood has pure as a base ceramic coating and can coat as a topper. The remaining of the car has pure and reload . Today just pissed me off though , I was outside at around 7 pm under the shade trying to apply tac system shiny on the hood. I started with a very light spray of shiny on the hood and right away I can see the streaking/smearing after trying to wipe it off , the thing felt like glue to the paint. I do not panic, try a few things to correct the issue ,nothing works ( car wash , IPA wipe , opticlean , APC) , finally clay bar mitt seem to do the trick after many tries. Under further inspection I can see that other parts of the hood seem to have this problem too. I go ahead and clay bar the whole hood but I m unable to get rid of everything.

Finally after an hour of battling this thing and debating on what to do , I gave up . I had to get my DA polisher with a white car pro pad and carpro essence , do a light polish on the hood , then I went ahead and finish off the job with car pro essence plus to get some protection in there. I m pretty sure that I got rid of the defects, but it was dark outside so I should see tomorrow if this did the trick , at least I m not able to see it inside the garage

Now , I m asking myself , do I really want to ceramic coat the hood again !. I m tempted to just leave it with car pro essence plus and reload . I m going to purchase the recommended maintenance sealant from gyeon .

Here is my question though . What would you guys do in this case to remove fresly apply liquid wax? , how do you guys apply wax or sealants? I usually spray lighty on the car panel , should I just apply it on my microfiber and not the paint?

One last thing too , I m done with 500 gsm long nap towels. I seem to have better luck with short nap towels on this car. Long naps do not remove anything and they leave lint behind , even my new rag company towels do that . Short nap towels have a better bite and they do not leave lint

anyways guys ! thats my story today , pretty tire . I had to apply some clear coat on my suv front bumper , the clearcoat is peeling off on some spots and I do not want to repaint the bumper just yet, it turned out ok , you cant see it from far at least but I still have to sand the new clear coat, wish me luck