autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

TW HS Flex wax. Thoughts.

Finally got to do a early morning wash today. Wanted to play with the flex wax. First Graphene product i have used on the paint. Interesting product. Can be used 3 ways.

1. Dry. Like a spray wax.
    2. As a drying aid.
    3. As a spray on rinse off application.

I first used it as a drying aid. Like wet wax, 2 sprays per panel, then dry off as usual. It did good here. Then i thought i would give it the dry treatment. Grabbed a MF towel and very sparingly a few spritzes to the now dry truck. A few high spots were knocked down with my damp drying towel. The finish did indeed pop even more when i was done. Mind you this is on top of TW HS SC. I might in the future try it as a spray on rinse off application just to see how it does. Will this replace my SC or Wet wax? NO. They are still 2 of my Favorite TW products. As with the SC, any smears are knocked down easy with a damp MF or towel.
    It will be interesting to see the effects next wash or rain. We had some rain Thursday, and the SC alone beaded like mad and basically self cleaned the truck. It's always fun to try a new product. Nothing i have tried from the HS line as disappointed me. Products that let me work smarter, not harder.

Hybrid Solutions Pro: Ceramic & Graphene Flex Wax
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TW HS Flex wax. Thoughts.

Had rain all day yesterday. Going to have to give the Flex wax its props. The water behavior and beading were relentless. Very tight and small beading. I see using this as a drying aid.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Likes dgage, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OK. A little more in depth on this product. I confess and give it it's due. I really noticed the difference today after my wash. Used as a drying aid. The paint looks like a deep red pool of ink! OUTSTANDING. The TW WW & SC Always gave my paint the pop i was looking for, but the FW brings that to a whole different level.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

6. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian from Apex mentioned how the gloss is "off the charts".

*actually it was the graphene infused liquid wax.

8. Thanks Don M thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The max wax or whatever it is called does have amazing gloss. Might go out a coat over my 303 now. Lol the flex wax has just been so so for me, personally. I don’t think it’s very user friendly

10. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    The max wax or whatever it is called does have amazing gloss. Might go out a coat over my 303 now. Lol the flex wax has just been so so for me, personally. I don’t think it’s very user friendly
    Similar thoughts here about the Flex Wax: decent gloss, but not user friendly. Due to a pricing discrepancy at Pep Boys, I was able to buy two bottles of the Flex Wax for like $20 when the product was first released. Returned the unopened bottle and gave away the opened bottle I was working with. No matter the applicator, how much product used, how prepped the panel, the ambient temperature at time of application, etc., it streaked like hell for me and wouldn’t buff off without excessive effort; also, actual durability on my daily driver measured in weeks, not months. The application process was nearly as frustrating an experience as that of the ORIGINAL Blackfire Crystal Coat coating, which I made the mistake of buying.

I tried every which way to like the product and work with it, but it just didn’t live up to anywhere near the hype, period. Maybe there was an initial bad batch that went out, who knows. Frankly, the Flex Wax and Seal ‘n Shine were both absolute duds for me and were instead benefactors of hype generated by promoters on YouTube and the various detailing forums, IME.

Post Thanks / Like

I just put the max on my car this afternoon, over the 303 graphene. It’s easy to use, even with the two step removal-damp cloth then dry.

The gloss is improved and I know from experience it only gets better during cure.

Not sure durability will be great over the 303 but who knows. Wondering if I should try the 303 over the max next time, but concerned the solvent nature of the 303 will just remove the max. Thoughts?

I’ll continue my use of the 303 graphene detailer over the max, maybe trying some of the tw wet wax here and there. That’s a product I really like and enjoy using.

Post Thanks / Like

I just put the max on my car this afternoon, over the 303 graphene. It’s easy to use, even with the two step removal-damp cloth then dry.

The gloss is improved and I know from experience it only gets better during cure.
    The key to the 'damp cloth/dry cloth' removal is to quickly buff the area after using the damp cloth BEFORE it dries, so working in a cool area and working only SMALL areas at a time are vital. I apply the FW to a whole panel at a time, but remove it in sections about 2' x 2' maximum at a time.

If you look at my recent post in the "Show & Shine" forum (Turtle Wax New Tire Shine & Flex Wax), you will see the results on my black Camaro, No steaking or smearing and EASY application and removal.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

So you apply it, then come back with a lightly damp towel and then a dry one? Similar to the tw max wax method.

I’d prefer to use flex as a drying aid. Maybe I’ll dilute it and try it.

Post Thanks / Like

So you apply it, then come back with a lightly damp towel and then a dry one? Similar to the tw max wax method.

I’d prefer to use flex as a drying aid. Maybe I’ll dilute it and try it.
    Exactly. I'll apply it to the whole fender using a mf applicator, by the time I'm finished applying it to the fender, it's ready to be wiped with the damp cloth. The damp cloth removes the majority of the excess product and the dry mf buffs off what little moisture is on the panel, leaving a perfect finish. If you let the moisture from the damp cloth dry before buffing it, it will leave streaks/high spots.

Just my opinion...I wouldn't dilute it.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast