autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stools

Post Thanks / Like

Stools

So I’m a typical guy and have been content using an old step tool that my kids have used throughout the years to sit on while polishing doors and lower areas. The wife ordered me a pneumatic stool for Fathers Day, and I happened to be home for lunch when it was dropped off. It’s now an early present. So I’m now wondering what everyone uses when it comes to stools. I needed something that will hold 200+lbs and I like this pneumatic one as it raises to a good height. Just wondering what else is out there that has been tested. A pic of the old and new here along with what is the best tequila I have had to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes dgage, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stools

I use a Gorilla step platform ladder in place of a stool. I have a couple of them and they’re always a part of a detail.

I use a padded mat if I need to spend a bit of time to clean wheels, but I haven’t invested in a quality pad yet.

4. Likes MikeII liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I use a Gorilla step platform ladder in place of a stool. I have a couple of them and they’re always a part of a detail.

I use a padded mat if I need to spend a bit of time to clean wheels, but I haven’t invested in a quality pad yet.
    I’ve got 2 of the gorilla platform ladders for suv roof work. I highly recommend those. I was looking into stools with backrests, but I’m going to give this one a run. The one that caught my eye was $309 so I may give that a try later on unless someone chimes in with a great stool that is cheaper.

6. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks a little high as it sits, but maybe if it goes down to the top of the cylinder. I also got one with wheels only to figure out that on any slanted driveway it becomes annoying.

8. Likes MikeII liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epilogts View Post
    It looks a little high as it sits, but maybe if it goes down to the top of the cylinder. I also got one with wheels only to figure out that on any slanted driveway it becomes annoying.
    Uneven ground is the main factor that’s always prevented me from seriously considering one of these stools.

A buddy of mine mentioned he’s got a padded mat that came from Griots Garage that he’s got no real use for… I’ve been meaning to ask if he’d take $10 bucks for it. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

This:

Griots new creeper!

Large wheels works great in drive way. I have the speed master but bought the pad for the griots and it fits.

The Griots one (link to AG thread) with the detachable mini knee creeper is the bee’s knee’s

11. Likes MikeII liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used a height adjustable stool from a large automotive store for many years. This introduced me the pleasure of seated wheel cleaning.

I ended up getting one of these pretty universal detailing seats sold under a variety of brands including Adam's, Griots, Speed Master, Maxshine and Economax.

I like the tool storage on these, the slot on the side is perfect for tire brush and pressure washer nozzles. I also keep my wheel/hose guides in the drawer for convivence.

I know the current buzz is for the ones Vyper make. And while they certainly look amazing, I can't help feeling they are just too tall for ergonomic wheel cleaning.

13. Likes Eldorado2k, MikeII liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a old office chair that has 5 casters. Removed the back and arms. Rolls around great and is very stable. Price was right too.

15. Likes MikeII liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Griot's compact sit on creeper with removable mini creeper. Also have one of the Gorilla platforms if I need that. A lot of the time, that ends up being a work table to sit stuff down on tho.

17. Likes MikeII, Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epilogts View Post
    That is it extended to max height of 21” and lowers to 16”. My driveway does have a small slant. I’ll check that out later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast