autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott HD’s 30 Way Coating Test

Scott HD’s latest ceramic coating test is interesting with some nice contenders. This is the application component and at the end he has some interesting graphs.

30 WAY CERAMIC COATINGS LONGEVITY TEST - SUBSCRIBER REQUESTED PRODUCTS - UPDATE 01 - INSTALL + GLOSS - YouTube

Have pulled out the most interesting one which is a gloss graph.

Very interesting some went into the negatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Rollo thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scott HD’s 30 Way Coating Test

I just got notified of this video, I thought it was an older one for some reason....ill watch in a bit ....thanks

I think Klasse was a request from someone on this forum

4. Likes rover137 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I just got notified of this video, I thought it was an older one for some reason....ill watch in a bit ....thanks
    Enjoy! Great line up of coatings on this one.

6. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rover137 View Post
    Enjoy! Great line up of coatings on this one.

Did you see the one he is going to start on May 1st.?

CERAMIC COATINGS - HOW MANY LAYERS IS TOO MUCH? Top DIY's Tested! LONGEVITY TEST - UPDATE 00 - SETUP - YouTube

8. Likes rover137, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that’s a great one too and will be interesting. Good to actually get some data points on this topic instead of just hearsay.

10. Likes Bosko, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He does some interesting testing for sure. It's not a climate that I live in. But you can take some interesting things from it. This one I will look into. But just gloss readings is also hard to go from just that. Some brands have things in it that lowers the gloss readings for a reason as well. Would be interesting to hear different thoughts on the looks of them beside the gloss readings. Those that leaves a depth in the looks is generally a lower gloss reading. And those that leaves a high sharp clear gloss is a higher gloss reading. So this data from only gloss reading is not always what different people like the looks from them. The high sharp gloss has been more coming when ceramic products came. Otherwise it where the carnuaba glow many where after. The gloss can be present as high on many carnuaba as well. But that's most from it's filling ability. So without looked at the video yet. To get a more honest data. I would wet sand all of the orange peel off to a flat panel. So the products that fill don't get an advantage so much. As gloss basicly is reflection of a surface. And on paints that's such huge difference with what you work on.
    But as always very interesting. IMO many stares to much on those videos with high gloss readings and just says that's the best product. There are a lot more to it I think.

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, rover137, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post

I think Klasse was a request from someone on this forum
    It wasn't me, I've never heard of this guy nor watched his videos. Thought it was funny that the authorized NV installer applied their product

I'm no expert but once again KSG is called "hard to remove" I'm glad that technique was passed down to me because it's very easy to remove when doing it the way I was shown. I also noticed how glossy KSG was also

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes rover137, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    He does some interesting testing for sure. It's not a climate that I live in. But you can take some interesting things from it. This one I will look into. But just gloss readings is also hard to go from just that. Some brands have things in it that lowers the gloss readings for a reason as well. Would be interesting to hear different thoughts on the looks of them beside the gloss readings. Those that leaves a depth in the looks is generally a lower gloss reading. And those that leaves a high sharp clear gloss is a higher gloss reading. So this data from only gloss reading is not always what different people like the looks from them. The high sharp gloss has been more coming when ceramic products came. Otherwise it where the carnuaba glow many where after. The gloss can be present as high on many carnuaba as well. But that's most from it's filling ability. So without looked at the video yet. To get a more honest data. I would wet sand all of the orange peel off to a flat panel. So the products that fill don't get an advantage so much. As gloss basicly is reflection of a surface. And on paints that's such huge difference with what you work on.
    But as always very interesting. IMO many stares to much on those videos with high gloss readings and just says that's the best product. There are a lot more to it I think.

I'm looking at total performance, not just one thing. I've got Gyeon Q2 Pure EVO ready to go, just waiting on our Mother to come through

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes rover137, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

I agree, it is by no means a 100% conclusive test but just another data point and something I find interesting. In reality, you would have to do these test many many times for reliability and have many metrics to measure against in many different environments. Still, I find these tests interesting.

In regards to gloss, no you can’t interpret these readings as conclusive or the highest reading from that one graph as being the best product - there is a lot more to it, but they are interesting and again another data point you can use to help tell an overall picture. I’ve seen the same products get different gloss readings applied by the same person in the same environment. There are just too many variables in these sorts of tests.

18. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm looking at total performance, not just one thing. I've got Gyeon Q2 Pure EVO ready to go, just waiting on our Mother to come through

Nice! I am keeping a close eye on Pure as well! Hope your installation goes well. Let us know how it goes.

20. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast