autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions On Cquartz UK 3.0 vs Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light vs Gyeon Mohs

I've only used CSL+EXOV4 and Cquartz SiC (on one door).

My CSL+EXOV4 was going strong @ 2 years (but less than 10k miles) and always garaged.
    Applying CSL/EXO was easier than Cquartz SiC...or at least it was easier to tell when the product was ready to wipe. I had a hard time telling when Cquartz SiC was ready to wipe off.

I don't have great comparison between them as far as performance since they were applied almost 2 years apart.

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    At the moment I would still choose Cquartz followed by Gyeon and Gtechniq will be towards the bottom. Let me add this, I would choose Gloss Coat over CSL and I don't think highly from the performance of Gloss Coat lol.
    How would you compare c.quartz UK and gyeon pure Mike - especially in looks? While gyeon has lowered their prices here in canada its still 24USD more for the 30ml kit, Pure/cure compared to UK/reload. I know how to use UK so i might just go with that again this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m back in the fold after driving beaters for a number of years. I have a new MINI Cooper SE being loaded on a RoRo at Southampton as we type. My last coating experiences were Exo v3 and it was the easiest last step I’d ever used. I didn’t tip it on any cars, dark or light. I also used UK 2017 on alloys with expected results. But since 2017, I’ve only been using Hydro2 on the wife’s DD.

Fast forward: I popped in here last week to get the latest advice on (consumer-level) coatings for the new car, and found out that Exo v4 isn’t all that well liked. I just saw @The Guz’s post above and beat the buzzer, and ordered UK 3.0 and SiC (as a topper)! Looking forward to finding some nice DISO (my salesdweeb is quite aloof so I’m trying to get the F&I guy to write a big note in my file to do the bare minimum of prep), and testing the ease of application of the latest version.

PS: I have a new-in-sealed-box Exo v3 that’s probably five years old. Think it’s still usable on the wife’s DD Crosstrek? I know that correction will be a multi-day effort, but I think I’ll have time in a few weeks.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah if it’s still liquid and no crystals in it it’s good. If not sure or can’t see shake and pour some on fingers (with nitrile gloves).

The durability might be affected due to age but if it passes test i’d still use it

Personally though if I went to all the work of prepping paint I’d still use a base coat.

Did you get 50ml bottle of CqUk3? If so use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks SameGuy thanked for this post
    Likes SameGuy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12