autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots ceramic all in one

I’m starting to see this pop up locally and I am interested. I’m thinking it will be great for my wife’s daily driver when paired with their ceramic 3 in 1. Anyone have an idea of how long the aio would need to cure before applying 3 in 1? Guessing 12-24 hours but looking for insight. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots ceramic all in one

I don't think I've heard a number but I'd also expect 12-24 hrs before applying 3in1.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go 24(dry)...apply 3 in 1....go 12-24(dry).... will put you in really good shape for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Interested in using the aio, 3 in 1 and then maintaining with ceramic speed shine. I think that would be a killer combo.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're using it with a machine polisher, I would imagine that the heat generated during the polishing process would cut down the cure time significantly as compared to being hand applied. For example, CarPro USA recommends waiting at least one hour after polishing with Essence (a ceramic primer polish) before topping with any sort of wax or sealant. I would be comfortable with topping up the Griot's Ceramic AIO with their 3-in-1 ceramic wax immediately after finishing the car with the polish, but for best results probably wait an hour or two.

I'm surprised this isn't even on Griot's website yet. Very curious about this polish's characteristics.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    I'm surprised this isn't even on Griot's website yet. Very curious about this polish's characteristics.
    It was on the website for like 2 days at the beginning of this month for $13.99 and then they removed it. Maybe they're just in damage control mode and sending all they have to resellers to keep them from getting pissed off since it was delayed so long? It is strange that they've been completely silent about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    It was on the website for like 2 days at the beginning of this month for $13.99 and then they removed it. Maybe they're just in damage control mode and sending all they have to resellers to keep them from getting pissed off since it was delayed so long? It is strange that they've been completely silent about it.
    Very strange indeed
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    They've talked about the delayed release in videos. I haven't watched any of them but I thought (like so many products) it's materials shortages.

You could always call their customer service line during the day and speak to someone and see what they say regarding cure time and topping.

Post Thanks / Like

The only place I found where it can be ordered is taking Pre-Orders only and showing a delivery date of 5/20/22

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    The only place I found where it can be ordered is taking Pre-Orders only and showing a delivery date of 5/20/22
    There's an auto parts store that has been getting it. I confirmed it at my local store.

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    They've talked about the delayed release in videos. I haven't watched any of them but I thought (like so many products) it's materials shortages.

You could always call their customer service line during the day and speak to someone and see what they say regarding cure time and topping.
    Yeah, the delay was due to one material that was coming from Japan.

11. Thanks oneheadlite, chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast